• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Darquesse VS Aiz Ooal Gown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monarch_Laciel

VS Battles
Retired
Speed Equalised

They start on opposite corners of Times Square.

Darquesse: 2 (OPMasada, Kaltias, ) (Gar and Heiller got both voted based on something that was debatably debunked, so I'm not counting their votes for now)

Ainz: 1

Inconclusive: 7 (FDryBob, DarkWraths, MrKingofNegativity, ZackMoon, Akreious, Phoenix821, Webcamparrot)

Darquesse is way outclassed in power, but has great hax for this fight. This depends on one thing: can she dispel grasp heart, reality slash, and other magic hax? If so, she wins. If not, Ainz wins.

Reality slash ignores dura, but it is still just a slash, and can't kill her thanks to her regen. Same with Grasp Heart, it's just destroying the target's heart, and she shrugged that off in book 7. Additionaly, any insta-death spells would just eject her soul from her body and then it would have time to repossess her body, or even Ainz himself seeing as he doesn't have resistance to soul manipulation

There's also her power mimicry and power null to think about. And her telekinesis and sub-atomic matter manipulation are both entirely in character for her to use at the start of the fight.

Well, reality slash isn't just a slash, in episode 13 it also cleaved space itself when it hit Shalltear. Even so, my vote goes to Darquesse.

I will say this about Darquesse. She only uses her atomisation against fodder essentially (well, the whole verse except Lord Vile, Argeddion and Malovent are fodder to her, but whatever). Against someone with a large amount of magical abilities, she would likely be more inclined to try to analyse his abilities during the fight than just wave him out of existence. She did it against Kitana. The quote was something along the lines of "The girl was unimportant. The magic she wielded though... That required further study"

That being said, she will go for the kill if she gets pissed off enough, or thinks her life is actually in danger.

my vote goes to darquesse too, depending on if she decides to kill ainz without waiting for that 12 seconds to finish, I don't think ainz has anything else that can completely destroy her brain, aside from Heaven's downfall I guess.

bump

Darquesse: 2

Ainz: 0

Inconclusive: 0

@OpMasada, most of his higher tier spells outclass her in power. If they hit, they can and likely will destroy her brain completely.

You really think darquesse wouldn't kill ainz that's doing nothing for 12 seconds?

Not gonna speculate too much, but Ainz can probably cheat the time requirement via Wish Upon a Star.

I dont see resistance to timestop in her profile.

Timestop + True Death should kill Darquesse.

And what has Darquesse ever done with Power Nullification? Has it ever nullify abilities of opponents the level of Ainz?

Also, last I've checked, Darquesse doesn't have any actual resistance to time stop, so I don't see why it would work. Ainz should be clever enough to counter Darquesse's precognition using the arsenal he has. I'm also pretty sure Ainz has more ways to defeat Darquesse than her defeating him. Like say, he uses Time Stop and then summons a black hole next to her, combo his Time Stop with one of his more higher tier spells to completely destroy her brain and more, while I only see her defeating him if she atomises him (which we only see her doing against the relative fodders of her verse) and goes close and personal (which is a tactic Ainz has experience in dealing with) etc. Plus, who knows what Ainz would pull off with Wish Upon A Star in order to defeat Darquesse.

Worst comes to worst, he uses Time Stop (which Darquesse can't truly counter with Precognition, only predict it) to give him more time to use TGoALID and Cry of the Banshee once the Time Stop wore off, giving him the opportunity to defeat her.

DarkWraths said:
And what has Darquesse ever done with Power Nullification? Has it ever nullify abilities of opponents the level of Ainz?
Stopped people from using their power, someone that she has all the knowledge and powers of and was also stronger than her at the time forced her own powers to activate the wrong way, then she copied his powers and got stronger than him.

Also, last I've checked, Darquesse doesn't have any actual resistance to time stop, so I don't see why it would work.

Never said it wouldn't work. Said it gets predicted and stops Ainz from casting it, lethally or power nully. BTW, when she power nulled someone she was trying to pretend she was someone else and pretending didn't have all these fancy hax methods of killing people, so she just went for a non-visible method. Otherwise, she might just atomised or erase him to stop it from being cast.

Ainz should be clever enough to counter Darquesse's precognition using the arsenal he has.

Every one of the spells he has, she can see that it is coming and what it can do, can nullify it, and can copy it for good measure.

I'm also pretty sure Ainz has more ways to defeat Darquesse than her defeating him.

Not really. He has a larger arsenal, but not all of them are actually any use against her. And even that larger arsenal will be evened out given her power mimicry.

Like say, he uses Time Stop and then summons a black hole next to her, combo his Time Stop with one of his more higher tier spells to completely destroy her brain and more, while I only see her defeating him if she atomises him (which we only see her doing against the relative fodders of her verse) and goes close and personal (which is a tactic Ainz has experience in dealing with) etc.

Power nulled and copied / forced to backfire on Ainz, power nulled and copied / forced to backfire on Ainz, atomising is matter hax and something she has done on just about every enemy who didn't have some emotional connection to her or she was just pissed off at.. She can also erase his existence, which is just about her second move in character against things that don't take to her energy beams and stuff magic.

Plus, who knows what Ainz would pull off with Wish Upon A Star in order to defeat Darquesse.

Who knows? You certainly don't. Therefore irrelevant.

Worst comes to worst, he uses Time Stop (which Darquesse can't truly counter with Precognition, only predict it) to give him more time to use TGoALID and Cry of the Banshee once the Time Stop wore off, giving him the opportunity to defeat her.

She counters it by seeing it coming and nullifying it, forcing it to backfire on him, or just killing him there and then. TGoALiD is a suicide move for Ainz, as she would see it coming and have a solid 12 seconds with which to analyse it, copy it, and then erase Ainz from existence.

There's also that little bit I keep mentioning where Ainz has never used Time Stop in combat as his first move, or second, or third move, and the only time he used it was to hide the nature of his attack from onlookers. And if you bring up "oh he was experimenting with the people of the world because he didn't know where he was or how powerful his enemies were", he doesn't know who Darquesse is or how powerful she is, so he's actually more likely to act like that against her.

Can she nullify and copy powers at a distance? Or can she only do it by touch?

And if you, the OP, is so certain that Darquese would win based on your implications, why even bother creating this thread?

Also, Ainz uses Black Hole as his first attack, along with Grasp Heart. He can simply use the latter to "stun" her, then use the former to kill/BFR her, and since she only copies magic that she "sees", she'll probably be gone by the time she sees it coming. Unless... When has she ever used Precognition to help replicate the other's powers? If so, proof?

If based on what you're saying is true, you've just created a mismatch, which means there should be no point in continuing this further unless you limit Darquesse a bit to make it fairer. Thus, you should close this thread.

Yes, she can do it at a distance.

I'm not certain. I'm providing counters to your arguments.

That was his first move against an angel, and only that angel. Ainz uses so many spells as experiments it's hard to say what he would do. About the only thing you can say he would go for first, would be Grasp Heart, because it's his favourite spell.

Her precognition works by seeing the person's magic and knowing what it is about to do. Her power mimicry works by seeing their magic, and knowing how it works. Both are just applications of her ability to see magic, so there is no reason to think it wouldn't work in tandem.

Limit the 7-B character against a 6-C opponent with a serious amount of versatility and hax? Yeah sure, that would totally make it fair.

Monarch Laciel said:
Limit the 7-B character against a 6-C opponent with a serious amount of versatility and hax? Yeah sure, that would totally make it fair.
Well, letting it remain with a character that can use Precognition in tandem with power replication/nullification to counter and surpass their opponent isn't any fairer either and, last I've checked, Ainz doesn't have access to all his other equipments/items by default, so it would still remain a mismatch unless you make some changes.

You realise that she can harm him with about two of her powers thanks to his higher dura, and power mimicry would just even that difference out?

You realise that without her precog it would be "literally any one of Ainz's 700 spells GG"?

I'm not limiting her here. That's a stupid idea.

Monarch Laciel said:
You realise that she can harm him with about two of her powers thanks to his higher dura, and power mimicry would just even that difference out?

You realise that without her precog it would be "literally any one of Ainz's 700 spells GG"?

I'm not limiting her here. That's a stupid idea.
How would it "even out the differences" if she not only counters and rival her opponents, but even outright surpass them as well? If you don't want to limit her, you can simply give Ainz access to his other equipments to even give him a chance here. Or, you know, just close this thread.

It would even out the differences because now she has an equivalent amount of versatility as he does. And I dunno where you are getting "surpass them" from. I certainly never said that.

And giving the 6-C character even more advantages against the 7-B character is just as unfair as limiting her. So no. Both on their own, both with only standard equipment.

Monarch Laciel said:
It would even out the differences because now she has an equivalent amount of versatility as he does. And I dunno where you are getting "surpass them" from. I certainly never said that.
She once replicated magic from a magic user stronger than her and then she got stronger than the magic user. And how would it be the equivalent of versatility when all of Ainz's spells is also added with hers as well? Sooner or later, she'll eventually have access to all of Ainz's spells and eventually overpower him throughout the fight. You certainly implied that she can surpass him, intentionally or not.

Monarch Laciel said:
And giving the 6-C character even more advantages against the 7-B character is just as unfair as limiting her. So no. Both on their own, both with only standard equipment.
It's also just as unfair when the former's entire arsenal is practically comprised of magic and spells, which the latter would counter and replicate. And being restricted to standard equipment doesn't matter when all those main equipments he uses are useless in this fight. Plus, he wouldn't even use the "Staff of Ainz Ooal Gown" in a fight anyways, so it would inevitably lead to Darquesse winning, with no way for Ainz to turn the tables. And what advantage would Ainz have over Darquesse anyways? When she can just replicate his spells, nullify his abilities, along with using Precognition to predict every actions he does through his magic? I'm pretty sure Darquesse would just surpass him as her power grows the longer she exists.

She got stronger than the magic user who was able to affect her later. Not she replicated his magic and her version was even stronger.

Monarch Laciel said:
She got stronger than the magic user who was able to affect her later. Not she replicated his magic and her version was even stronger.
Exactly. Due to how long their fight would take with Darquesse replicating his spellls and countering them, she'll eventually have enough time to surpass him as her power grows.

I take back my vote. And Im unfollowing.

I dont even remember this fight.

Necroing things these days.

Oh hey, it was a bit of a necro wasn't it cough 3 months cough

@DarkWrath, key word being eventually.

Monarch Laciel said:
Oh hey, it was a bit of a necro wasn't it cough 3 months cough

@DarkWrath, key word being eventually.
Yes, eventually. With no way for Ainz to turn the tables, this is a mismatch.

Monarch Laciel said:
He's superior to her to start. So no, not really.
And she can copy and counter his magic within seconds through her Precognition and Power Nullification/Replication, so it doesn't matter anyways.

Monarch Laciel said:
Decisive battle =/= stomp
It's not decisive (it's also a certainty) when all of a character's actions doesn't matter at all as the other one replicates and counters them. Heck, I doubt Ainz's Perfect Warrior would work at this point. So yeah, it would turn out as a stomp at one point.

Ainz isn't the type to draw out a fight unless they're important to him. Like say, he's doing research on the new world or testing how martial arts work against him. If there's an opponent on his level, he's very likely to take out his instant kill spells. I'd say that Ainz vs Shalltear is a bad example, but Ainz basically scolded her ass and taught her a lesson as he did. So... the purpose of not immediately using TGoALID on her at the very beginning is to teach her a lesson? I mean she's way more cautious now in The web novel so I guess it worked. Oh btw every other instance, he abused Instant death spells on people he deems worth it, which this person is when she inevitably copies heart crush or something.

Also, Ainz's TGoALID is neither magic nor a spell, it's a special skill. And since Darquesse has only been shown to replicate/nullify the target's abilities through their magic, along with predicting it with "Precognition", she's not going to be able to nullify Ainz's TGoALID, replicate it, or worse, being able to predict it as it's not actually magic. Thus, she wouldn't be able know what it does and can hardly see it coming before it already happened.

That's probably all I can see Ainz doing though, until he lands a lucky instant death spell hit.

• can't be ****** to rewrite all the things I've written about how that doesn't work*
Just read the above comments please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back