• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
These are the best I've been able to find, apologies.
There are others but are incomplete and totally blurry, if you zoom in you should be able to read them.

Why would all the mid-tiers be Speed of Light?

Pyron blatantly can fly FTL tho since he can traverse the universe and he flew from his home planet to Earth. Sure the details of how far away it is and how long it took vary from version to version but he is undeniably faster than light.

It was to find a middle ground for his restriscted version and limit the assumptions as much as I could, since we have no indications of what he can do in that form, but we know he can casually fly at the speed of light. While unrestricted he can easily fly FTL, even because he can vary in size as he like.

Pyron can have the size he wants, so he can cover huge distances by casually moving while being as big as a star or more.
I proposed Speed of Light for his restricted form either because we don't have clear references and because the graphic file states that he wandered the cosmo at that speed, despite the fact he could go faster while giant, so I think baseline SoL is both a safe lowball and assumption for his restricted and human-sized form.
Or even an "At least Speed of Light" likely Higher could be a good compromise.
Those who are stronger would just be FTL to an unknown degree for being faster than him.

Last edited:
What feat is he scaling to lightspeed or FTL from?

It was to find a middle ground for his restriscted version and limit the assumptions as much as I could, since we have no indications of what he can do in that form, but we know he can casually fly at the speed of light. While unrestricted he can easily fly FTL, even because he can vary in size as he like.
Here

What feat is he scaling to lightspeed or FTL from?
One of the official guides we are using states that Pyron, in his true form, meandered through space at the speed of light for millions of years while looking for planets to collect, which means he wasn't always flying at his maximum speed.
Pyron while unrestricted can grow up to the size of a galaxy, which means he can naturally move at speeds much superior to that of light by virtue of his size, therefore baseline SoL is something he does very casually.
So I think that an "at least SoL" likely/possibly higher is a reasonable speed for his restricted form, since we don't have clear references aside from him being several times superior to people who can casually dodge bullets in close combat.

Should I still wait for Matthew's reply or can I apply the changes?
You, Blackdarkness and Schnee agreed on the speed, and adding a "likely higher" to SoL should be a good compromise.

If he is able to travel between galaxies in a comparatively brief period of time when at a small size, he should have MFTL+ flight speed though, but unless he is show to do advanced manoeuvres at those speeds, it doesn't scale to combat speed.

The problem is that we don't know at what speed he can fly in small form, there are no references or demonstratioms within the games nor the guides.
We only know that SoL is a pretty casual speed for him when in true form, and that in small form he is way faster than people who dodge bullets at close range but aren't as fast as light.
We know that he can fly even when small and he has some confirmed aerial moves, as it can be seen from this trailer and the slideshow in his profile.

I know you said about Jon quote he will eventually surpass light not legit on him, but shouldnt it be telling that more about those clearly above him in regards to speed though?

It can indicate he at his level isnt light speed, but those in another league could be and given the stuff from Pyron it is logical

Well, I am still uncomfortable with essentially using guesswork for the speed levels, or did you say that it was stated outright that Pyron is lightspeed?

It is more consistent and logical like this, unless we try backscaling characters from Pyron MFTL+ speed in giant form instead which will cause bigger issues

For Pyron light speed is a casual thing while far weaker characters need to be more powerful to reach light speed

It doesnt break the scaling and it fits with the characters classes they are categorized in the series nicely as well

Yes, it's stated here in the middle of the first paragraph, that he flies in space at lightspeed looking for planets to consume, implying that he doesn't exert of all himself.
However, it refers to him while in his unrestricted form, which can be big up to the size of a galaxy, therefore he can naturally move at MFTL+ when this big.

I wanted to give the small form a safe SoL likely higher given how easily he travels at Sol while unrestriscted.
When small he is slower and weaker than giant, but since lightspeed is something casual for him, I don't think it's unreasonable for him to reach such speed, given that he is still one of the fastest and strongest people in the general cast, where far weaker beings are at the very least supersonic+.

And as Blackdarkness says, it fits the classes and it is still a lowball to not backscale him from his giant form's MFTL speed.

Last edited:
I am not backscaling from his giant form. The question is how fast he flies at his small size. Travelling between galaxies would require MFTL+ speed to do within a reasonable timeframe.

Anyway, what you suggested is probably fine, in lack of better options.

I know you're not, that is what I don't want to do.

The problem is that we don't know how fast he flies when small, since he never flew through galaxies in that form (only as big).

My argument is that lightspeed is something very casual for his big form, so I assume he could go at that speed when restraining his power, considering that he is still really fast compared to other characters.

Well, as long as lightspeed has been stated outright, we can probably use it.

Thank you both, I will apply the changes later today.
I wil also add a references section in the verse page with all the useful links to the material I used for this CRT (and that I will use for the next)

They got it wrong the statement from the graphic file, which you can also read by yourself following the link in the op or in one of my previous messages.

They say that Pyron flew from Hellstorm to Earth in 200 millions years, but the text says that he wandered the cosmo for all those years.
It wasn't a direct travel, he spent that time looking for planets to consume.
Pyro also canonically went on Earth 65 millions years ago, left the Huitzils with the task of killing the dinosaurs, and then went away and returned in 1991 (official date in which the first game happens).
And all of that happened while he was in his true form, not the small one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back