• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Overlord775 said:
because the lords of cinder are used as a fuel to the fist flame, so they directly power the sun with their power
Possessing energy and being able to use that energy are two different things.

The human body via E=mc^2 possesses a lot of energy, but it isn't something that can just be used.

Even nuclear materials, unless configured in the arrangement to make a bomb, can't be used to output their inherent energies.

How does being able to power the sun via magic ritual translate into a character being able to swing their sword with enough energy to destroy stars?

They don't power through magic rituals. They power it by merely existing. Their bodies, magical might or whatever you may call it, passively ignites the sun.

That's fine, I just imagined the Linking of the Fire to be a ritual, but if it is passive then that is fine too. I just don't see how they are able to channel that passive ability into actively outputting star level sword slashes.

Everlasting and I have talked extensively about Dark Souls and the verse needs sever upgrades.

Even if not Star level, Country level is needed.

If I may ask again. What are the characters' travel speeds? I know there are wyverns and dragons and such, that would have travel speeds far greater than a normal human. Even the Protagonist would not be normal human I don't think, when they are sprinting.

RageComment said:
If I may ask again. What are the characters' travel speeds? I know there are wyverns and dragons and such, that would have travel speeds far greater than a normal human. Even the Protagonist would not be normal human I don't think, when they are sprinting.
Why would travel speed matter? It is honestly the least used speed category I think we have on here. I have only seen vechiles in fiction have travel speed listed.

It's typically important for ranged battles and against teleporters where distance comes into place. When it is missing from a profile the default usually looks like that a character has travel speed equal to their combat speed. Dark Souls characters, may have MHS+ speeds for being able to react to lightning, but on foot they do not travel like Flash or Quicksilver. As a site that is interested more in cataloging the abilities of characters, rather than what is "used" it should be on their profiles.

@Rage 90 percent of fiction does not list travel speed in an satisfactory method that would be considered combat applicable.

And even if they did make the distinction, I doubt anything significant would come out out it.

Most of the time, their general 'speed' is what matters really (when speed isnt equalized mind you.)

Dark Souls also doesnt make a distinction to my knowledge for travel speed.

in 90% of fiction travel speed is probably equal to normal human travel speeds. But characters like soldiers are likely Athletic if not Peak Human. But because Souls is Fantasy, it is possible that the characters could move at superhuman, subsonic or even greater speeds. It is rather apparent that the characters do not travel the land as fast as lightning when on foot. I'm just not sure how fast they do travel when running. It is likely Peak human to Superhuman.

RageComment said:
in 90% of fiction travel speed is probably equal to normal human travel speeds. But characters like soldiers are likely Athletic if not Peak Human. But because Souls is Fantasy, it is possible that the characters could move at superhuman, subsonic or even greater speeds. It is rather apparent that the characters do not travel the land as fast as lightning when on foot. I'm just not sure how fast they do travel when running. It is likely Peak human to Superhuman.
And again, it is not likely it is combat applicable since it does not apply in how we do vs debates.

Everyone in dark souls would likely be MHS+ in speed due to feats. I think Rel+ might be an outlier, but If other members think differently, I have no qualms with the upgrade.

I think 'Likely/Possibly High 4-C dark souls is fine as well.' Although this is a massive highball, I really dont remember much about dark souls.

This site isn't mainly for vs debates. It is for cataloging the abilities of characters. Souls characters don't have the ability to run at the speed of lightning, that should be present on their profile.

Combat applicable isn't really what this site is about.

I'm pretty sure the Ashen one should Definitly be At least 4-C He out right over powers the First flame in the Overthrow the fire Ending And takes control over it. that should also scale to the soul of cinder since there fight happens right before it and I guess it's possible to reverse scale it to Gwen and The like

Isn't there a term for power that isn't used in a fight? Like a Utility version of Enviromental destruction? Obviously Ashen One isn't Attacking with the Force of a Star physically speaking. Nor is Ashen one being hit with Star level energies from the boss foes. I could see them being 4-C via Enviromental Sustaining or something.

RageComment said:
Isn't there a term for power that isn't used in a fight? Like a Utility version of Enviromental destruction? Obviously Ashen One isn't Attacking with the Force of a Star physically speaking. Nor is Ashen one being hit with Star level energies from the boss foes. I could see them being 4-C via Enviromental Sustaining or something.
except their souls are what the fist flame uses as fuel, and the souls are linked to strenght of the being, more souls = more power, so they would be 4-C, also what make you think that the chosen undead doesn't hit with 4-C attacks ?

Um how the hell Does the ashen one not scale HE DIRECTLY WRESTLED WITH THE FIRST FLAME like he even falls over from pain before getting up after taming it's power He was obviously getting hit with 4-C energy there

Proving a negative is very difficult. Especially when things like Game Mechanics, AOE, PIS and other fandom terminology is thrown around.

The characters hitting with Star level energy doesn't make sense, given how the game is played, nor how the lore works. The characters can conceivably power things with their soul, that is fine. But having a powerful soul doesn't automatically correlate to having Star Level Striking force.

Game Mechanics and AOE hint at the characters that are played as do not level mountains and the like with their attacks. Though the God-tiers that shaped the world and fought the dragons could possibly haave done that. However if they could fight with star level attacks, lifewiping their enemies should have been easy to accomplish.

I guess the main thing for me is a a dissonance of lore. DBZ level fighters do not fit with Souls Lore. At least not the Planet Bursting and beyond part.

I won't oppose upgrading them to Star Level or higher, because it is not my wiki to do so. But it just seems odd.

Especially the notion that they are star level but don't exhibit star level AOE because they hold it in or something. I mean you could argue that Harry Potter is Star Level, but he just holds it in, within his soul. But that would be ridiculous.

Here we have an example of characters potentially being star level via soul energy or something. But it is a bit off to say "And they hit with the energy of stars" when there is no evidence of that.

also the fact that magic is powered by the soul "The mysteries of souls, crystals, and the sorceries are deeply intertwined."

Travel speed for the Chosen Undead should be Subsonic. From what I recall playing Dark Souls (I miss my PS3), I could safely outrun arrows.

@Sins

Ye.

Currently I'm just waiting for more input on the Star level stuff and trying to find the calc for the Ceaseless Discharge that was Town level, which would scale to mid-tiers.

Still tho it feels a bit odd in proportion to the rest of the verse's powerlevels. Though that could just be me.

Hellbeast1 said:
Still tho it feels a bit odd in proportion to the rest of the verse's powerlevels. Though that could just be me.
How so? God's in most fiction always have huge disparity of power in comparison.

I dont see an issue here.

Hmm i find it odd because the main feat for the God Tiers is them reigniting the fire which is able to fill a role similar to the sun in our world. Unless i'm missing something this should be a High 6-A feat since that's the magnitude of energy the sun is able to give off. And unless there are several tier 4 feats i just cant buy it as anything other then a mad outlier.

@Hell They sustain the sun itself, not just the energy given off by the sun. And considering that theyre canonically massively stronger than basically everything else in the verse, it's very hard to see this as an outlier

Do we have any indication that the sun in DS is the same as our own? Or is that like an unspoken rule on this site?

That's my point tho we have no indication as to the nature of this sun as we're not even sure how the cosmology of the Souls-Verse works, i mean it's like saying GOW is tier 4 because Helios commands the power of the sun in a very earthlike world (i know this is an extreme example but it's a similar premise).

No it's not there's actual evidince that GOW verse's sun isn't the size of ours

Dark souls however has no contradicting evidince and works simaler to our world

Hence why i said it's an extreme example, again tho there isn't any contradicting evidence but to be honest there's not much proving this either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back