• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dark souls slight downgrade and scaling revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK before you go and crucifie me this is not a thread that wants to disprove the firelinking as a valid feat it is complitly valid we have seen its effects on a star in ds3

what i want to disprove is this strange notion that linking the fire somehow creates a new star(which give ds the 4C ratings) it does not, we never got any lore proof for that at all but we do know for a fact that linking the flame is fueling it giving it more gass to burn so to speak, they are fueling the sun giving it more energy too burn. This doesn't qualify for a 4-C rating as they are not making a new star they are just fueling a fading one and we know how long a lord of cinder fuels a star from frampt talking about how long gwyn has been the lord of cinder over a thousand years and the exact amount of power required to fuel a star for a thousand years is 2.9 ninatons of tnt seen in this conculation blog https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Therefir/Dark_Souls:_Lords_of_Cinder

this would put most lords of cinder prior to linking the flame at 5-A with the exclusion of the soul of cinder, ashen one, gael and possibly prime gwyn as most of them scale from one another with soul of cinder being composed of at least 7(8 if you want to include the bearer of the curse but it is a bit ambigues if he linked the flame or not) which would put all of them at 20.3 ninatons or high 5-A maybe a bit higher in the high 5-A scale if we treat each individual abyss watcher as powerful enough to link the flame and this will scale to ashen one geal and possibly prime gwyn

Although all of this has one exeption lord of hollows ashen one as he has not just linked the flame he outright absorbed it now that can be easily qualifed for a 4-C rating as he didn't fuel the sun but absorbed it source the thing that keeps it in existences all togther the firstt flame this would be an equevilent of absorbing the star it self and even in the cutsean after he consumes the flame we see that he has some sort of influens over the star as it completely changed its hue and he even "lifts" it(which is likly just a metaphor of his control over the world of ds now but you can take it as you will)

now for the scaling revision

ok first of we need to add a prime key too all of the lords of cinder in ds3 as we can clearly see that most of them have lost a great deal of power after linking the flame this can be seen most well in ludleth he linked the flame twice and now he just a burnt out husk who can't even defend himself i propose that we give the abyss watcher a 6-C likely low-6B key same to yorm the gaint as someone like sigward was canonicly capable of fighting and maybe same goes for aldrich but with him its a bit iffy after he ate gwynodlin lothric brothers remain 5-A as they never linked the flame and are at full power when we face them/

Another thing that need to be adressed is the great lords nito and witch of izzalith they should recive a 5-A rating as well for the simple reason that the demon prince in the ringed city dlc is described as the last remaining embers of the chaos flame and he was able to fight lorian a 5-A character and that would mean that a portion of the witch of izzaliths soul was able to fight a lord of cinder and considering that nito and the witch are parallels of one another(life and death) they comperable to one another.

and the final piece of this revision prime gwyn, I belive that he should recive a high 5-A rateing for a few reasons one during his prime when light was at its most powerful his soul should rival that of the dark soul at its peak of power(gael) as both souls are parallels of one another as light grows dimmer the dark soul gains in power and vice versa another reason is that gwyn split his soul and gave it to the other lords and even after that he was able to link the flame and later on challange the chosen undead(although he was far weaker then the chosen undead at the time he was still somewhat comperable) at his atmost weakest

I wanted to make this. :mad:

I even made a blog specifically to explain how they scale to 4-C.

Yes, but the forum move prevented me from actually making the CRT.

I was going to say that only SoC should be 4-C, and the Lords would be Low 4-C through backscaling as 5 of their souls were required to give Ashen enough strength to face the Soul of Cinder.

Yes, but the forum move prevented me from actually making the CRT.

I was going to say that only SoC should be 4-C, and the Lords would be Low 4-C through backscaling as 5 of their souls were required to give Ashen enough strength to face the Soul of Cinder.
OK. What about Midir? I saw him get mentioned on the Blog, but nothing specific aside from having a Powerful Soul.

Midir would scale to every other dragon, 6-C, possibly Low 6-B. I just mentioned him for having a more potent soul.

I honestly still think he should at least Downscale from the Ashen One considering he never died fighting him until the actual boss fight when he wakes up from his beating, but whatever. I guess we can tackle that at some other point in time.

My ideal scaling would be 4-C Soul of Cinder, End Game Ashen, and Gael with almost all of the Dark Soul

Low 4-C Lords of Cinder. In a hypothetical Prime key, where they ruled over their age, they would be At least Low 4-C, as it's clearly shown that stronger and stronger souls were needed to keep the First Flame lit over time, considering DS1's ending was a huge explosion, while DS3's ending (after having 5 souls from LoCs) was merely a simple rekindling.

At least Low 4-C, likely 4-C Gwyn since he would naturally be stronger than all Lords of Cinder, and achieves LoC status even though he split his soul and gave some of it away.

I can see that scaling. Still think Midir should get a "Probably Insert Tier Here" for his feat of straight up not dying or needing to be Resurrected Mid-Fight like some of the other bosses that you fight.

If Sir_Ovens has a considerably more thorough revision thread planned out, would it be fine if we close this one, so he can post his instead?

well my revision seems to be different to owens as he wants to scale the character down to low 4-C while im aiming for a 5-A to 4-C rating instead
if owens wants to make a thread i would like to have a part in it and if we do the revision togther im fine with closing this thread

Sir_sun_man:

Okay. Thank you for being reasonable.

Sir_Ovens:

Feel free to start your thread, link to it here, and then close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back