• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dark Souls, but it's Your Favorite Verse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Essentially a "Character solos your favorite Verse" thread, but with a twist.

A nameless fodder from Your Favorite Verse becomes an Ashen One and goes on a quest to kill off all of that verse's important/powerful characters. Said Ashen One starts out scaled to the weakest average tiering, with only the basic standard equipment. Firelink Shrine is transplanted into a random mountain range somewhere in your verse and has all possible NPC's just sitting around and fully stocked so the newly appointed Ashen One has access to all possible future equipment and spells. Prominent/Important locations in your verse all have at least one, possibly more based on the locations size, Bonfire(s). Souls are now a thing in your verse and serve the same function now as they would in Dark Souls. Important/Powerful Characters in your verse also now have the equivalent of Boss Souls that the poor bastard that's now an Ashen One can obtain if they can kill said character. Your Favorite Verse is NOT suddenly afflicted with the Undead Curse, only our created Ashen One has that problem. And for the sake of argument, let's restrict outright Tier 1 characters.

And with that all being said, how far does this variation of the Ashen One get in Your Favorite Verse? Does your verse have anyone that can deal with this Ashen One in any meaningful way? Or does the Ashen One get it's shit stomped by your verse's bizarre hax?

Ashen One

Last edited:
Well I can already tell you that Warhammer 40K, SCP, Pokemon and Digimon is going out the window as potential verses to solo.

Well sure, if ya wanna just throw the heavy hitters out right away. Though the Ashen One armed with Gorechild is a scary thought.

Dark Souls: Well we already know how this ends.

Dragon Ball: They would potentially become unstoppable if they use all the Hax they can accumulate after all the training they can obtain up until Infinite Zamasu just Range ***** him or he gets Hakai'd or Zeno just deletes him or something.

Halo: They're basically unstoppable here. Unless the Flood can take them over without killing them.

Monogatari:

If he starts at the very beginning of the verse’s story,Shinobu Oshino passively mindhaxxes him with country wide mind man

Idk what average tiering means tbh,does he just start at 8-B? If so he completely curb stomps the latter half of monogatari.All of the aberrations with possibly the exception of Seishorou die.

This would trigger a certain group of apparition hunters that could incap the undead due to him being a supernatural creature.If he murders all of them then they will have to live with...

The souls of their loved ones being ripped from their bodies and turned into the divine sludge the Ashen one chugs into his throat.Replenished by the eventful and beautiful lives they once held.Strengthed by their courage that glimmers brightly even in death.

That being said,assuming speed is equal.Eventually Ougi Oshino gets him lost and EE’s him.If not,the final boss could him depending if he kills Koyomi Araragi before Shinobu Oshino.He could solo by absorbing Shinobu’s strength and becoming a 5-B.If not,Shinobu turns into a 5-B and pummels him for all eternity,possibly even destroying bonfires.

All of this work will pay off if he succeeds,by getting erased due to disrupting the natural order of the world.

The End.

Well this becomes much more difficult either way.Since he only basically cleared because he 8-B.

He clears the average apparition.He likely only becomes 9-A+ casually after killing a bunch of them.

That group of apparition hunters stand a much better chance to beat the shit out of him by sheer numbers and could possibly seal him.There are at least 2 more that I haven’t listed that can do so.However I can’t accurately gauge Ashen one’s skill tbh.There isn’t much canon about it.Its a 60/40 for the Ashen one in his favor due to his spells tho.The mist can paralyze most of them if they aren’t careful.

If he does survive,he can take up the abilities they have and seal Seishorou for good.

Blah blah,something something he either kills Ougi or gets lost.He gains misdirection and could just wreck Araragi and Shinobu from the get go.Ironcially Shinobu doesn’t resist misdirection in the 5-B key.

Either way he gets EE’d by the darkness

Last edited:
Tbh, I'm not even sure if EE could perma-kill the Ashen One what with the fact that he can still resurrect after being completely obliterated with no soul.

**** I forgot about that.

There is a 50% chance he becomes a 5-B god of the verse.He would cause the entire universe to collapse under a void due to its frustration of it not being able to correct the mistake that is the “Ashen One”.

Essentially he kills over 7 billion people and the afterlife just because he wanted to be OP.

This can only be prevented by Shinobu somehow not being affected by misdirection at her 5-B key and corrupting the Ashen One.Turning him into a mindless slave since killing him isn’t an option due to lol ressurection.

TLDR for the entire 4 posts: Inconclusive since it relies on who the Ashen decides to kill first.Shinobu or Araragi

Puella Magi Verse

Nameless fodder actually has profile so can start off that
Though most likely is her horrible stamina screws her over, she turns into a very hard to kill witch, and is quickly contained by her organization

Do things that don’t have souls get new ds ones?
If they don’t the next weakest she might be able to kill are her fellow black feathers, then she immediately has a target on her head, is interrogated and killed for betraying the organization, resurrects, and is permanently shut away

Trying to kill others outside the group probably wouldn’t start well, but her superiors report the situation and the three leaders take an interest

She becomes their dedicated assassin and if targets are chosen in good order, they could get her strong enough to kill basically everyone that stands against them

Though if the magius learn that her quest involves killing them, she is quickly locked away and put in a position where she can’t do anything

If soulless things do get new ds souls things are much easier
Once she kills enough basic familiars to take the absolute weakest witches things will probably go smoother from that point on

Again the magius see what she can do and the same thing happens

Though since she can get stronger by killing things that aren’t magical girls she could do things other than just killing their enemies, like guarding important projects, headquarters, or the magius themselves

If she can assassinate them because of this, she more easily breaks away from the organization and goes after other targets

If she gets unlucky, she could get permanently incapped by any random magical girl with good enough hax to counter her

But no matter what happens, she gets destroyed by the 2-a

Wait, if we're taking an actual fodder character from the verse and turning them into an Ashen One, wouldn't that make the Goomba from Mario the Ashen One?

Incapping an Ashen One is extremely hard considering they possess a built-in kill switch that triggers their Rez.

Forgot they could do that, and the bonfire would make it easy to teleport away

Though nemu hiiragi would be able to use an uwasa to keep her constantly mind controlled or asleep
but now that i mention it the pendants the feathers wear can brainwash them, so once the magius notice any hint of betrayal she’ll instantly be under their control again

In the case of Doom, wouldn't it just be one of the possessed/zombie things that Doomguy literally can just obliterate with his Handgun?
Good luck to him getting anywhere. I doubt it would be smart enough to even realize it's purpose and it would probably just try to kill everyone in Firelink.

Oh God, I just realized that if this happened in One Punch Man it would apply to Kid Saitama as far as I'm aware. What with his already nutty Potential, plus all this shit....

I choose to believe it would actually be Mumen Rider. He'd become the Ashen Rider and use the souls of slain monsters to quickly rise to S Rank.

The name "The Ashen Rider" sounds like a totally different character. It's just an Awesome Name. Out of general curiosity, who would be the Nameless Fodder for Red vs Blue for this to take place?

Technically Bloodborne already does this but differently, so I'm not sure how to make it work without The Ashen One running into The Hunter too soon.

Star Wars would be interesting but I'm not sure who would be considered Fodder in this case. A B1 Battle Droid? A Storm Trooper? Who knows.

1. Honestly, jokes aside (I had like 6 come to mind), there would probably be an entire arc around some unkillable soldier crash landing in Bloodgulch and causing mass havoc. There would be hijinks, nobody would actually die, or maybe just Church would, and then someone (probably Tucker, maybe Grif) would pull the Coiled Sword out of the Bonfire, destroying it and then they would bumble the Ashen One off a cliff or something.
  2. It probably wouldn't be a droid, since constructs don't usually get the Undead Curse. It would probably be a clone or maybe a really young Jedi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back