• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dark Nights Metal

That is...

Okay from what I'm seeing, Barbatos killed a being known as the Forger, who is comparable to the Monitors. Also, the current Multiverse in limited because of Barbatos killing the Forger, preventing him from creating infinite worlds. And lastly, Barbatos is implied to essentially have created the Dark Multiverse, however I'm not entirely aware of how the Vertigo cosmology works so I'll leave it at that.

Indeed, so the dark multiverse was made by Barbatos by stealing untold stories from Lucien's library in the Dreaming but it is also destroying it. Since Dream defines what exists and what is imaginary, this will drag not only those stories but eventually all the stories if it continues.

And I think there is another comsic being hinted at

So what I'm getting is that the Forger sent the stable worlds to the orrery of worlds, and the unstables he destroyed with Barbatos. However, due to Barbatos' desire for destruction, he kills his master, and worlds whose times have long since passed are allowed to continue and creates the Dark Multiverse.

Also, really excited for how Metal fits into everything. Grant Morrison will be joining Snyder for Metal: Wild Hunt in 2018.

I'm also assuming Barbatos is High 2A or maybe even low 1C (though I might be overstating it) because Barbatos managed to kill The Forger, who, logically, should be equal to The Monitors and Anti-Monitor.

At least 2 A for sure. Directly compared to the Anti-Monitor. Also suggested that it would take destroying the entire Multiverse and Dark Multiverse to destroy him using the Anti-Monitors brain and the Rock of Eternity. Depending on how things develop, we might even be looking at the tier 1 range, depending on further development of how he relates to The Endless. Guy has turned out to be a pretty sweet threat and I am loving the event. Also can't wait to see what Morrison pulls in. Heck, maybe Superman will sing this guy to death too.

It seems that Carter was trapped in some kind of dream where there is his past incarnations being assaulted by a parallel version of himself from the Dark Multiverse.

Or that is what I understand.

@SomebodyData

Yeah... I miss Martian Manhunter and Captain Marvel (still calling him that, no matter what anyone says).

I've been hearing theories that Shazam (fite me bro) may come back soon, but who knows.

I've heard those rumors too, since Captain Marvel was supposed to get an entire new pantheon b the end of the New 52.

They just haven't done anything with him since Rebirth, but I hated the idea that they had to make Billy edgy to make him "realistic" and "grounded".

It'd also be fun if he got to be best buds with Superboy.

I don't know why DC just didn't rename him Captain Thunder like he was named in Kingdom Come. Also, Five Finger Death Punch anybody? :-D

Captain Thunder doesn't sound that bad, but that would probably just cause even more confusion among the casual fans.

@SomebodyData

They're definitely sticking with Shazam though (loath as I am to admit it) given the upcoming live-action movie and previous installments like Superman/Shazam!: The Return of Black Adam

Noice

Hmmm I find it interesting how they decided to make Dark Nights Metal while also working on the Doomsday Clock event, perhaps DNM might have info that is needed for Doomsday Clock?

Doomsday Clock takes place a year after the current events of Rebirth, so I dunno. No references have been made to Metal in any of the chapters thus far.

Hmmm strange. It's just bizarre they would have two events at once.

Metal is to introduce the Dark Matter books and DClock is more addressing the overall rebirth plot I guess. Interested to see what the post event verse looks like

Universe 53 though...

How was it made without the forger is the real question.

I don't know but the Batman who laugh said it's the most powerful being of the multiverse.

Repp sadly called dibs on the Batman Who Laughs, so I'll do Mega Ma Murder Machine.

@New just a reminder that he scales off a stronger version of Hal Jordan, speaking of which @Rep did you ever check Hal's series?

Oh yeah Manhunter appeared again.

Back