• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dark Meta Knight VS. Galacta Knight

EMagoIorSouI

They/Them
Though both characters have fought eachother before in a seperate thread, they have gotten new abilities and revisions, and I believe it's time for a rematch.

The starting distance is 10 meters away from eachother, and Dark Meta Knight's empathetic manipulation is resitrcted. Speed is as well equalized.

Dark Meta Knight: 4 (Eficiente, Kirby71, YuriAkuto, Bob)

Galacta Knight: 4 (Ovrhide, The Smashor, Ethereal, Fusion Omega))

Inconclusive: 0

Dmk

Dark Meta Knight is pretty much a bloodlusted MK. MK can beat GK and Beta Knight, who is superior to GK. Therefore DMK beats GK.

Meta knight didnt have an official battle with morpho knight to say he is above him, as any star ally can beat morpho knight if you so choose to play as them. So removing that comparison aside, we do have an official story with meta knight confronting GK, and meta knight won. If dark MK is indees as strong as MK, Then GK loses.

Actually no. Both are non-canon what-if scenarios made to demonstrate the capabilities of the characters, both are applicable.

To be fair this doesn't remove the fact that minor enemies beating 4-A characters is an outlier.

Now that i remember, dark meta was a major threat in very early games before even GK. The fact that galacta knight was the strongest warrior after DMK was introduced would imply GK to be stronger. I dont see why not.

My vote goes to Galacta knight.

Well that depends on how strong you think everyone become with the time. DMK being in Triple Deluxe and Star Allies ruins that tho, in one game he is considerably comparable to DDD and Kirby and is described MK as the "strongest warrior", and in the other he's just able to beat everyone. With certain amount of speculation one could say that DMK goes under similar trainings than MK's while GK is just always stuck in his seal.

Eficiente said:
Well that depends on how strong you think everyone become with the time. DMK being in Triple Deluxe and Star Allies ruins that tho, in one game he is considerably comparable to DDD and Kirby and is described MK as the "strongest warrior", and in the other he's just able to beat everyone. With certain amount of speculation one could say that DMK goes under similar trainings than MK's while GK is just always stuck in his seal.
This always makes me wonder how Kirby is above everything else by doing absolutely nothing, by those reasons, i think DMK wins this.

It would definately be a close fight. But, Galacta Knight does have one major advantage. He already knows about several of DMK's attacks, having fought regular Meta Knight on several occasions. Dark Meta Knight, on the other hand, has no idea what attacks GK will use. I think that this might make this fight in GK's favor before Dark Meta Knight goes into blind rage mode. Remember, in character, Dark Meta Knight starts off using similar abilities to Non-Dark Meta Knight. While Galacta Knight is somewhat similar in this reguard, he is more willing to use his own attacks in the beginning of the fight then Dark Meta Knight would. This gives Galacta Knight a pretty big advantage in the beginning of the fight, and it might just be enough to net him the win. I'm voting GK with very high difficulty.

My vote is on Galacta Knight. This is the same entity who one-shots Star Dream before his boss fight even begins and has had an unsavory history of wiping out entire planets.

Sure, Dark Meta Knight is strong, but he's still second fiddle to Dark Mind, and despite being the primary source of Triple Deluxe's conflict, he can't even get past King DeDeDe...

I won't factor in Morpho Knight here because:

A.) He's a separate entity, even having his own page.

B.) I hate Morpho Knight.

Dark Meta Knight has fought Morpho Knight which is literally Galacta Knight but better in every way.

This match is way redundant to me.

Vote's on Galacta Knight.

1. If Dark Meta Knight IS stronger, why didn't Nova and Star Dream? Simple: He wasn't strong enough to test out Meta Knight's skills, especially compared to Dark Matter and Sectonia. Also, Haltmann knows about Sectonia, from her origins to corruption judging from how faithfully he was able to replicate her, so most likely he knows that DMK isn't as strong as Sectonia so he skipped him over. But Galacta Knight? Ohh hell no, even he wasn't deranged enough to summon that omnicidal psychopath!

2. Also, while it is true that DMK beat Morpho Knight, he certainly didn't accomplish it alone, judging by the ending. It took his entire Dream Friends batch to bring down the ascended warrior so the credit isn't solely on him. Trust me, if this was a cutscene fight between them, DMK would get one-shotted before the proper boss fight even starts.

3. Also, look at their skillset and you'll see the differences tilting in Galacta Knight's favor. DMK is mostly restricted to duplicate-based moves (Galaxia clones, mirrors, mirror images, dark Mach Tornadoes), while GK straight tears the fabric of reality like a thousand-degree knife against a stick of butter. Add in ALL the lasers and elemental attacks you could ever NOT want to be hit by and you'll see why GK owns this one.

4. Lastly, DMK is the servant of a final boss, Dark Mind. GK one-shots an even stronger final boss simply because it ruined his beauty sleep.

I don't think A>B>C logic should be used, I suggest incorporating their abilities in the battle instead.

Also, GK's spatial tearing isn't really combat savvy, if anything DMK's duplication will benefit his victory more than GK's spatial manipulation. Even if the beam of energy that shoots out of the tear can be mirror reflected by Dark.

@Fusion Omega Most of that is wrong lol

1. MK wished for the strongest warrior in the galaxy, DMK comes from the Mirror World. Even if Star Dream summoned GK from Another Dimension, it still doesn't need to know the existence of DMK. "He wasn't strong enough to test out Meta Knight's skills, especially compared to Dark Matter and Sectonia"? What? This is the guy who beat MK, fought 4 Kirbys and was confident to do so again. "Also, Haltmann knows about Sectonia, from her origins to corruption judging from how faithfully he was able to replicate her, so most likely he knows that DMK isn't as strong as Sectonia so he skipped him over" Pure speculation, it would make more sense if it were like this; We copy this gal from this universe but not this dude that is not from this universe and almost never appeared in it for obvious reasons.

2. "he certainly didn't accomplish it alone, judging by the ending" One can optionally get allies, don't affirm that he did so with them. "Trust me, if this was a cutscene fight between them, DMK would get one-shotted before the proper boss fight even starts" ? That is a big jump.

3. Attack Reflection will mess with GK a lot, and his giant swords gives him the range advantage in H2H combat. GK's space-time thing would one-shot DMK, but it's a avoidable beam. Also, DMK is the one with morality hax so...

4. Beta Knight is weaker than Void Termina, who DMK can assist in his defeat, and optionally beat. GK is weaker than Beta Knight. Also DMK got stronger anyway. GK one-shotted only the first form of Star Dream.

^^^ Basically this.

Also, "GK one-shots an even stronger final boss" is an arguable topic and an understatement. Dark Mind has debatably better, or at least equal, Mind Hax and reality warping than Star Dream does. And canonically, didn't Dark Mind fight again four equally as powerful Kirbys??

Kirby in Amazing Mirror was split into four, which means his power was also split, evidenced by how he lost some of his abilities (such as blocking, for some odd reason) and a lot of his skills with Copy Abilities were much weaker than, let's say, Super Star. Saying that the four Kirbys were equally strong would be simply ludicrous.

Compare the weapons used to defeat Dark Mind and Star Dream. Sure, Meta Knight's sword is pretty awesome (second favorite Ultimate Ability in the series), but you really can't compare it to a Kirby-fied warship with a weapon literally called PLANET BUSTER.

Also, Star Dream's reality warping is definitely superior. Two words: Wish granting. SD is just a repurposed Nova with additional weaponry for combat. Then again, Nova isn't capable of granting unlimited power, right?

Oh wait... Marx.

Also, not to be rude, Eficiente, but you're kinda blowing the whole "DMK can assist in Void Termina's defeat" thing. It's Kirby who does most of the work. While yes, he can assist as a Friend in the battle, the finisher is just him part of a collective, and even then Void Termina was already in a weakened state thanks to Kirby's laser.

Ethereal Altair said:
Also, not to be rude, Eficiente, but you're kinda blowing the whole "DMK can assist in Void Termina's defeat" thing. It's Kirby who does most of the work. While yes, he can assist as a Friend in the battle, the finisher is just him part of a collective, and even then Void Termina was already in a weakened state thanks to Kirby's laser.
There is the "DMK defeated Morpho Knight", which make him superior to Galacta Knight.

YuriAkuto said:
There is the "DMK defeated Morpho Knight", which make him superior to Galacta Knight.
See Fusion's comment.

Because if we used THAT logic, that makes DeDeDe superior to literally everyone else barring Kirby (Which, as awesome as it sounds, doesn't really make a lot of sense in the long run).

Ethereal Altair said:
Kirby in Amazing Mirror was split into four, which means his power was also split, evidenced by how he lost some of his abilities (such as blocking, for some odd reason) and a lot of his skills with Copy Abilities were much weaker than, let's say, Super Star.
This is a headcanon. The evidence you give are just game mechanics. The 4 Kirby never got back into 1.

>"Compare the weapons used to defeat Dark Mind and Star Dream"

This is important why?

>" but you really can't compare it to a Kirby-fied warship with a weapon literally called PLANET BUSTER. "

There is no point on this. Both are 4-A, the "this looks strong" argument isn't relevant.

>"Also, Star Dream's reality warping is definitely superior. Two words: Wish granting. SD is just a repurposed Nova with additional weaponry for combat."

Wish granting is nothing by itself, it doesn't instantly give you a level of power just for having that. Also, again, both are 4-A. And even then, Dark Mind corrupted all the wish granting mirrors of the Mirror World.

>"Also, not to be rude, Eficiente, but you're kinda blowing the whole "DMK can assist in Void Termina's defeat" thing. It's Kirby who does most of the work. While yes, he can assist as a Friend in the battle, the finisher is just him part of a collective, and even then Void Termina was already in a weakened state thanks to Kirby's laser"

Ok what? Kirby does most of the work only by the end of the battle, anything before that is team work, with an statement indicating the support of the Star Allies to Kirby.

>"Because if we used THAT logic, that makes DeDeDe superior to literally everyone else barring Kirby"

You are ignoring the "got stronger" factor.

@Ethereal

All I have to say to that long paragraph is that Kirby, or Kirbys, showed no signs of being any weaker, and portrayed his usual self as he would in any other Kirby game. Whether DMK split Kirby or duplicated him, he apparently stayed at the same level of power, it was never really justified.

@PaChi

That's a 2 year old necro, back when both characters didn't have the revisions and profile upgrades they have today.

@Ethereal

You're mostly talking headcanon stuff, bud. Also, didn't you just say you hate Morpho Knight? Why the heck are you so insistent on defending him?

Not really mad, just kinda curious. Is it like a Devil's Advocate thing?

Fusion Omega456 said:
@Ethereal
You're mostly talking headcanon stuff, bud. Also, didn't you just say you hate Morpho Knight? Why the heck are you so insistent on defending him?

Not really mad, just kinda curious. Is it like a Devil's Advocate thing?
I'm not. Besides, they're two separate characters.

Galacta Knight (and Triple Deluxe DMK, by extension) is an amazing boss that gets better by each new appearance.

Morpho Knight is a travesty of a boss that should've stayed in development. Yes, I am biased against that stupid butterfly.

I honestly dislike the fact that you're using your bias of Morpho Knight and Galacta Knight to backup any sort of claim you've made in this match-up...

Seriously, don't do that. Incorporate their abilities for the battle instead of using your thoughts of the character as an actual reason for which character wins.

Ethereal Altair said:
Galacta Knight (and Triple Deluxe DMK, by extension) is an amazing boss that gets better by each new appearance.
DMK? Yes. But GK became a joke, they first ruined his theme with a mediocre remix that only appears in the middle of the fight. Then they took out his difficulty. And then they killed him by someone who we don't know who is and is easy to beat, in a scene that puts his theme from the beginning because that's cool isn't it? What a way to ruin a character.

To be frank I never really cared for Galacta Knight. He's cool, yeah but I look up to other Kirby characters more.

Eficiente said:
And then they killed him by someone who we don't know who is and is easy to beat said:
To be frank I never really cared for Galacta Knight. He's cool, yeah but I look up to other Kirby characters more.
TBH, Galacta Knight isn't even my favorite in the series (King Dedede's antics and Star Dream's amazing boss fight come to mind), but I can appreciate him for what he is. And honestly, thinking about Morpho Knight made me like GK a lot less now. Thanks, ya damn butterfly...

I do like Morpho Knight but they need to add more lore to him. Apparently he's just a butterfly who was always a knight...?

EMagoIorSouI said:
I do like Morpho Knight but they need to add more lore to him. Apparently he's just a butterfly who was always a knight...?
Butterfly in my siiight~ÔÖ¬

Landing on Galacta Kniiight~ÔÖ¬

So take a look~ÔÖ¬

And bring a mook~ÔÖ¬

We're killing Morphooo~ÔÖ¬

Back