• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Blackcurrant91 said:
What do both open with?
Q typically starts by removing an opponents controls over Infraspace, where after that she either boots them out of Infraspace all-together, traps them in a broken/crashing narrative, or deletes their data. Although given time and her intelligence; "whatever would be the best way to deal with the situation with her powers" would sum it up.

How this translates to DnD terms is beyond me.

Thanatos usually opens with his fear stuff, timestop, or some sort of insta-kill magic.

Qawsedf234 said:
Thanatos usually opens with his fear stuff, timestop, or some sort of insta-kill magic.
1. How good? Although Q is data; and said data resisted influence from a team of Low 1-Cs with practically the same powerset as her.

2. Kind of juked by Q existing in higher temporal dimensions.

3. Q is data; and said data resisted influence from a team of Low 1-Cs with practically the same powerset as her.

1: His fear can effect beings such as undead and other Immortals. Both of whom can usually resist fear from 2-A or other 1-C people automatically

2: Yeah. Even other Immortals are immune to timestop. It's just a common opening power against an enemy he would know nothing about

3: Seems solid. If Thanatos' immediate options run out he'll probably try and use Probe. Which tells him how much health his oppoent has, what powers they have, and what their magic resistance is like then go from there. For intelligence reference the God of Technology who has stuff like MFTL+ engines, transdimensional technology, dyson spheres, and the like is closer to a wild bear or cow in intelligence than he is to Thanatos.

1. See 3.

2. Ehhh, it's not that Q 'resists' or 'is immune' to time stop. Q exists in multiple temporal dimensions. Thanatos (unless DnD has diped into additonal temporal dimensions) can essentially only effect one axis of which.

3. I'm not sure that would be the best idea for Thanatos; as processing what Q is would drive him insane (unless he resists that, which afaik he probably does). Q's intelligence is through being capable of processing and observing time as one 'shape' similar to Karen (as in, she sees literally every outcome to a situation, but sees it as a seperate observer due to what I assume is existing in a higher temporal dimension). She can also process and simulate higher dimensions and while this might have been hyperbole a computer that "if every particle in the universe became a transistor" would be inferior to her. I'm not sure how I would compare it to the God of Technology.

I guess what's kind of weird is that in Infraspace, Thanatos is basically fighting the processor for the entirety of reality; by the end of her storyline Q had completely taken over Infraspace and the Flesh Interfaces that ran it; and as a Flesh Interface herself she's kind of running the entire system.

I will say I don't think the mind will drive Thanatos insane. He's from the bit of D&D I'm not particularly fond of (bugger tier 1 D&D btw) but even the 2-A gods can look into the 1-A far realm and only occasionally be driven insane, and demon lords seem to do it a lot without ever going truly mad. Hell even adventurers can potentially go there and be fine despite the complexity of 1-A geometry specifically being maddening to them.

Just throwing that out there. Not voting since again, I know ****-all about Mystara outside of a small handful of the lower-tier modules (Castle Amber, Isle of Dread, and so on).

Yeah, I don't doubt Thanatos can resist it; even in-canon Karen manages to keep her sanity although she's a stupid unique case.

I'm just confused how to interpret interactions between the two as Q mainly does her stuff through manipulating the data of Infrapsace that she processes and removing other people's control of that data, and the more broad magic of DnD.

Right. Then I'll just be here to FRA when the time comes. Letting Qawsed handle it since this is more his ball court.

2: I wasn't saying that it'll work on Q, just that it's a default in-character move for him to do so.

3: Probe isn't a mental reading or telepathy. The best way I can describe it is a RPG stat read out or one of those generic powers you'll see in a isekai novel. He doesn't scan Q mentally and tally everything. He just gets an idea about her abilities, health, and magic resistance are like. I also wasn't comparining intelligences, just that Thanatos is a smart dude. So when he gets the information it's very likely he'll know how to act on said information.

3. No, I mean, perceiving Q drives you insane. The act of gaining info on Q would drive you insane. I'm rather sure Thanatos would resist Madness Type 3 regardless, though.

Yeah Thanatos likely scales up. Thanatos scales to people who can temporarily resist 1-C/1-A insanity effects from the Far Realm. So its likely he can resist Q's massive size then work from there. The bigger issue I guess is destroying it. If Q can resist things like soul destruction or mental destruction then Thanatos doesn't really have the feats to suggest that he can destroy an infinite 6D space.

Q would probably resist mental destruction to an absurd degree due to how other supergeniuses on its level couldn't hack into and dismantle her data. Not entirely sure on soul-manipulation, as I'm not entirely sure how what is essentially an absurdly advanced AI running reality qualifies for soul-wise.

So what does Q do

Yes

's not what I asked and to be clear Thanatos isn't a god but

yes

Mr. Bambu said:
So what does Q do
Essentially strip Thanatos of his powers over Infraspace and yeet him out of it; although since he wouldn't exist outside of the virtual reality that would probably just surmount to deleting him.

So

EE/BFR, Power Null

Assuming D&D resists all of these still in Mystara, and again I'm doing guesswork here since idk Mystara worth a damn

What would he do next

Anything you can resist in the core D&D world you can resist in Mystara. The most you could argue is a more limited resistance spread due to the lower amount of spells, but the campaign has BFR and power strip abilities.

I mean, does the method Q is doing this by matter at all?

And to what degree are these resistances?

In Mystara it's magical based, but Mystara has pretty advanced science stuff unlike a lot of other D&D campaign settings. So it shouldn't matter that Q is using more scientific based hax rather than magic bases hax, since Mystara uses a hybrid system.

And to what degree are these resistances?

They scale with the character. For example the weakest Immortal is totally immune to the strongest mortal mage because they opperate on a higher dimensional plane. So 1-C Thanatos would gain a similar boost. Overall I'm not saying he's casually immune, but that he should have the resistances needes to stop any BFR stuff or Power Null without being weakened first.

Back