• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dante's Inferno Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
There's a number of issues with Dante's profile.

So, let's set this straight: Dante's inferno isn't 8-A, or 7-C in the slightest.

First off, let's tackle his 8-A rating off of his encounter with Death: For one, I really don't think Death actually created a pocket universe or anything of that matter; and even then, it's pretty clear that the size wasn't comparable to multiple city blocks, especially if you consider the outer edges of the platform they were fighting on to be the area Death created. However I don't think creation/pocket realities were involved in this at all, it seemed more like Death was portaling him to Hell, which is made apparent through Death's claim at the beginning of the fight. So, rather than Death actually making a pocket reality/altering the environment, it's more reliable to say that he was just taking Dante to Hell through a portal.

Even the, we barely know enough about Death to deduce that his "creation feat" suddenly applies to all his other powers and abilities, see Environmental Destruction.

So, as for the second rating, I calced it at 8-B. "Nuclear-like explosion" really isn't justification for Town level anyways, especially given how small said explosion was.

8-B is also much more consistent with his other showings in the game, namely with his encounters with giant characters who are, from what I've eyeballed, to be around High 8-C to low 8-B on the greatest.

So, I think the two keys should just be merged; 8-B is pretty consistent with the entire game.

Abilities that Should be Removed:

• "Can harm and kill conceptual beings (Killed Death)" : Yeah, no. Nowhere is it implied Death is a conceptual entity in Dante's Inferno. He didn't kill the concept of Death, either.
Missing abilities:

1) There is no 8-A rating on his profile

2) I agree with the added powers

All up I agree with the new powers as well as downgrade and removal of Abstract killing (or whatever that is)

I think that this seems to make sense, but as Hellbeast1 mentioned, there is no 8-A rating in the profile page.

Huh. I could have sworn the first key was labeled as 8-A. I'll edit the OP.

Regardless, the rest of my points stand, and the 7-C key should be removed.

I think I'll add the changes, then, if the calc is accepted, seeing as it's the very feat the 7-C rating is based on, and the verse doesn't have a page for me to find supporters.

Okay. That is probably not a problem.

So, Therefir has made an edit of my calc, that places it firmly in 8-B. Spino also claimed the calc looked fine before that, and now that both are on the same page, I'll implement edits.

I'm also adding Non-Physical Interaction because he can interact with souls and attack spirits, Type 7 Immortality as he's already dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back