• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dante Vs. SCP-458: The pizza strikes back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Psychomaster35 said:
Giving Dante infinite pizza to eat over and over till he gets a heart attack from all the fat from the pizza hes eaten. Not to mention, he cant destroy the pizza box as it is deemed "indestructible" via experiments. Thats why im voting 458
Dante won't eat the pizza if he's whole.

This match is stupid. it's like putting a man against a weapon with no wielder.

I agree with TriforcePower1. Although, if 458 is willing to win, is there some way it could make a pizza that induces food poisoning for Dante, even while conforming to human edible ingredients & not being undercooked?

Imaginym said:
I agree with TriforcePower1. Although, if 458 is willing to win, is there some way it could make a pizza that induces food poisoning for Dante, even while conforming to human edible ingredients & not being undercooked?
Judging by the profile, that thing isn't even sentient, and it's literally made to make only the pizza that one likes the most.

We're a powers & abilities & statistics indexing website, AFAIK. It is not unprecedented for the Wiki to have profiles knowing full well they cannot be used in Vs Matches, & it's seen as fine to include powers & abilities that aren't combat applicable.

However, in my opinion, 458's agency is questionable. That combined with its limited capabilities, especially in regards to combat, & largely for it being inanimate (Outside of possibly organisms that come into existence with the pizza it creates. Ex: Microorganisms in cheese.) make me think it would be better off as a Weapon Profile.

Or, if not a Weapon Profile, then maybe a note saying it shouldn't be used in Vs Matches. What exact reason & how to word it though is up for debate, & maybe better discussed elsewhere.

Of course, there was once a Composite Tree profile that had Vs Matches, but it had much more combat useful abilities, and was deleted not for being combat relevant, but for being based on The Real World entities while being inaccurate & inconsistent to The Real World with not much basis in how it would be.

A question, beyond the stupidity of this match, when has 458 ever showcase indistructibility anywhere near the level of anything Dante does? The foundation didn't exactly try that hard to destroy it.

Its profile claims: Resistance to Matter Manipulation (Unaffected by SCP-073's passive organic material disintegration)

Durability: Unknow (The box is described as being indestructible by the Foundation's standards, with all tests to destroy or dismantle the box being ineffective)

However, I haven't looked into it beyond that, as I'm not big on SCP.

Resistance to Matter Manip doesn't really matter.

As for the durability section, I already responded to that. "The foundation didn't exactly try that hard to destroy it."

Nothing on Dante's level I can assure you. The Foundation would be generous if it even allowed a researcher to nuke it.

This won't probably get added because the Cake and the Pizza will likely lose their Notable Victories/Losses sections anyways.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
It's a stomp regardless.
The only way the pizza can win is Dante chocking on a pizza.
It can also win by giving him a heart attack from eating too much pizza.

Torlikoff said:
Does this match seriously come down to Dante eating too much pizza and dying of diarrhea? If so this isn't a match. At all.
Who said he had to die? Incap by diarreah is enought.

This is ignoring him just breaking the Box and not doing all this stupid stuff, which he should given that he knows he's in a fight with it.

He wouldn´t, as destroying a box with a fresh pizza that can be easily smelled is something strongly against his character.

"Furthermore characters will not give up of their own accord. That means a character that is uninterested or sees no chance of winning won't simply leave and characters wouldn't simply become friends with each other. "

From the SBA page. He'd just destroy it.

Torlikoff said:
"Furthermore characters will not give up of their own accord. That means a character that is uninterested or sees no chance of winning won't simply leave and characters wouldn't simply become friends with each other. "
He doesn´t fall in either of those.

Dude, all of those "win conditions" are as likely to happen as is Goku winning against a character with a crapton of haxes.

And Dante can quite literally just pick up the pizza, throw it into a trash can and wait for a week to pass and win.

I was more talking about becoming friends, but what the page is saying is that characters won't just give up a fight.

You realize the pizza is incapped by default, right? It can't hurt him at all. This means Dante can do literally nothing and he wins. This is a passive win, which is a stomp by default.

Any opposition to me closing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back