• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dante vs Link (Canon Composite)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Both have the same tier? Both have the exact same speed? Both won their death battles? Both have hax? Both have a ton of weapons? Dante vs Link is a go people. Dante vs Link is a go for launch!

DMC3Dante
Link(Twilight Princess)
The Hero of Light

Link due to being Planet Level+ and having some crazy hax combos like Chateaux Romani & Magic Armor which makes him invincible for 6 days.

Link. It's not a curbstomp for him since Dante can pull off a lot of stuff and Quiksilver is extremely useful, but Link has so many hax combos at his disposal that trying to break through his defenses is near impossible.

Well, you need to take into account that Dante'd still be incredibly weak to the Master Sword's power. Dante may not be evil, but he's still part demon, and he gets powers like his healing factor from his demonic heritage, and even if some demons aren't evil, the master sword will still cut them down indescriminantly, as they're creatures of darkness. With a cut from the Master Sword locking all of that off, and Dante not being able to heal from any further injury, then Link'd have this in the bag. And that's not even taking into account any of Link's other gear and upgrades, like the Blue and Green Rings with the Red Mail, which boost his defensive power to X6 base when used together, the Bunny Hood increasing his Speed to 1.6X base, the Chateau Romani and Magic Armor combo making him totally invulnerable for 72 hours straight, the Mirror Shield making energy attacks into Link's attacks instead, the Red and Green Rings, which boost his AP to X3 base when used together, Farore's Wind giving him instant travel speed, etc. All of Link's gear just kinda makes him too broken for other characters in Tier 5 (with a few exceptions) to beat.

Well... I really don't know much about Link, but, having a Planet level durability plus using the Royal Guard to block the attacks and gain rage to counter attack, I think it isn't impossible him to tank an Dwarf Star + attack. Problem would be really the master sword and full triforce...

Well, they have relatively similar stats, but Composite Link has way better hax.

Dante also has that glaring weakness to holy weapons, which is what a good chunk of Link's weapon set is made of.

ZachariahB said:
Well, they have relatively similar stats, but Composite Link has way better hax.
Dante also has that glaring weakness to holy weapons, which is what a good chunk of Link's weapon set is made of.
When was it stated that Dante is vulnerable to holy weapons? I don't remember that.

What hax does Link have? I've played only 3 LoZ games.

ZillaJrKaijuKing said:
ZachariahB said:
When was it stated that Dante is vulnerable to holy weapons? I don't remember that.
What hax does Link have? I've played only 3 LoZ games.
Link has some very haxed combos.

For example, Magic Armor makes Link invisible but swiftly drains his magic, the Chateaux Romani gives link infinite magic for 6 days. Together those two items make link invinsible for 6 days.

ZillaJrKaijuKing said:
He's half demon. Demons are creatures of darkness and very weak to holy weapons by principle, even if they're not evil themselves.

ZillaJrKaijuKing said:
Dante was never shown to have that weakness. We can't just assume that just because it's true for other universes.
It's true for his own verse. Holy Water causes massive damage to demons around him, and not him because he's throwing it away from him.

If Dante isn't weaken by Holy weapons then I'll give it to him. But if Link's Master Sword does weaken him then Dante is finished.

It's a really tough call, my fanboy self says Dante but I think Link might win this.

ZachariahB said:
It's true for his own verse. Holy Water causes massive damage to demons around him, and not him because he's throwing it away from him.

Forgot about that, but it's an area-of-effect weapon that doesn't hurt him even though he's in the area of effect. There's also the thing about Dante using Holy Stars on himself as TheMightyRegulator mentioned.

Gabriel 00 said:
Can someone list what hax Link have? Going by stats i think Dante beats Link.
Well, if we go with a Composite Link giving him composite items as well, then he'll get 37 bottles, and Wind Waker's Magic Armor, granting him invulnerability to all damage. If he has a Chateau Romani in each of those bottles, with each giving him infinite magic for 72 hours, or 3 days straight, then 37 X 3 = 111, meaning he'd be totally invincible for 111 days straight. the Pegasus Boots and Bunny Hood, stacking, which'd boost his speed to almost twice what's on his profile, the Red and Green Rings which, when put together triple his AP, the Mirror Shield, which has the same durability as the Hylian Shield (indestructible), but also makes opponent's energy attacks Link's attacks instead, as it reflects magic and energy based attacks. The 3 Master Sword Medallions, Ether, which freezes enemies, Bombos, which causes mass explosions around Link each time he does a Spin Attack with it equipped, and Quake, which causes earthquakes that shake enemies so much it literally liquefies them and turns them into slimy piles of dead body, the Lens of Truth, which nullifies illusions and invisibility, the Fireshiled Earrings make Link impervious to Fire Attacks, the Zora Tunic makes it so he can breathe underwater and makes him immune to water pressure, The Magic Cape grants invisibility, the Heart Ring gradually heals Link over time, the Magnet Ring can either Attract or Repel metallic items (Link has control over what is attracted/repelled), Deku Nuts stun enemies, allowing Link to attack them with a few slashes while stunned, Bomb Arrows, Fire Arrows, Ice Arrows, and Light/Silver Arrows (you can probably figure out what they do by the name), Farore's Wind and the Magic Mirror grant Link instant travel to anywhere the spell is cast, and to the nearest safe place possible, respectively, the Power Bracelets grant him to ability to lift and throw massive objects, just as the Golden Gauntlets, but also spread that strength through his entire body, rather than just his arms, the Triforce of Courage nullifies curses and other types of Dark Magic that would cause Link harm/alter his physical appearance and abilities, the Long Hook causes him and his enemy to switch places if he hits them with it, which could make for some nasty sneak attacks/strategy based attacks, Roc's Feather grants enhanced agility, the Goron Mask transforms Link into a Goron, which gives him a massive ingrease in strength, but cuts speed, the Deku Mask turns Link into a Deku Scrub, which increases speed, and grants temporary flight, but gives a weakness to Fire, (not listing the Zora Mask, as the Zora Tunic effectively does the same thing), then there's the Fierce Deity's Mask, which grants Link god-like powers.

That's everything I could find that'd fall under "hax".

ZachariahB said:
Gabriel 00 said:
Can someone list what hax Link have? Going by stats i think Dante beats Link.
Well, if we go with a Composite Link giving him composite items as well, then he'll get 37 bottles, and Wind Waker's Magic Armor, granting him invulnerability to all damage. If he has a Chateau Romani in each of those bottles, with each giving him infinite magic for 72 hours, or 3 days straight, then 37 X 3 = 111, meaning he'd be totally invincible for 111 days straight. the Pegasus Boots and Bunny Hood, stacking, which'd boost his speed to almost twice what's on his profile, the Red and Green Rings which, when put together triple his AP, the Mirror Shield, which has the same durability as the Hylian Shield (indestructible), but also makes opponent's energy attacks Link's attacks instead, as it reflects magic and energy based attacks. The 3 Master Sword Medallions, Ether, which freezes enemies, Bombos, which causes mass explosions around Link each time he does a Spin Attack with it equipped, and Quake, which causes earthquakes that shake enemies so much it literally liquefies them and turns them into slimy piles of dead body, the Lens of Truth, which nullifies illusions and invisibility, the Fireshiled Earrings make Link impervious to Fire Attacks, the Zora Tunic makes it so he can breathe underwater and makes him immune to water pressure, The Magic Cape grants invisibility, the Heart Ring gradually heals Link over time, the Magnet Ring can either Attract or Repel metallic items (Link has control over what is attracted/repelled), Deku Nuts stun enemies, allowing Link to attack them with a few slashes while stunned, Bomb Arrows, Fire Arrows, Ice Arrows, and Light/Silver Arrows (you can probably figure out what they do by the name), Farore's Wind and the Magic Mirror grant Link instant travel to anywhere the spell is cast, and to the nearest safe place possible, respectively, the Power Bracelets grant him to ability to lift and throw massive objects, just as the Golden Gauntlets, but also spread that strength through his entire body, rather than just his arms, the Triforce of Courage nullifies curses and other types of Dark Magic that would cause Link harm/alter his physical appearance and abilities, the Long Hook causes him and his enemy to switch places if he hits them with it, which could make for some nasty sneak attacks/strategy based attacks, Roc's Feather grants enhanced agility, the Goron Mask transforms Link into a Goron, which gives him a massive ingrease in strength, but cuts speed, the Deku Mask turns Link into a Deku Scrub, which increases speed, and grants temporary flight, but gives a weakness to Fire, (not listing the Zora Mask, as the Zora Tunic effectively does the same thing), then there's the Fierce Deity's Mask, which grants Link god-like powers.
That's everything I could find that'd fall under "hax".
After reading this, i'm starting to doubt Composite Link is just 4-C and this isn't even counting Composite + Hyrule Warriors Link (XD jk).

There's also the Golden Sword, which is the Master Sword only 4x stronger and the Four Sword that allows him to split himself into four with the same equipment (i might be wrong on this). Even if Dante can survive the Master Sword, there is no way he will be able to reliably break through Link's defenses, they are just to hax and with four Link's because of the Four Sword, Dante will be lucky to catch one of them and that's even if he can because of the Magic Cape. Sure, Quicksilver, but Link can also slow down time and also travel through time.

Link wins this one.

From what i could gatter, Magic Armor is like a force field, does that mean it's susceptible to space manipulation?

Gabriel 00 said:
From what i could gatter, Magic Armor is like a force field, does that mean it's susceptible to space manipulation?
It's basically a "second skin" that covers him and and his clothes by drawing out the magic power within his body. It's more like a defensive aura.

hmm its hard if we use canon composite link i think Dante can win if the master sword doesn't effect him which imho it doesn't cause he did use holy stars to heal himself and a good old quicksilver and yamato combo should do the trick as yamato still bypasses durability and link isn't resistence to time manipulation though using full composite then idek i lack my LoZ knowledge and if i sound like i am wanking then i am sorry

TISSG7Redgrave said:
hmm its hard if we use canon composite link i think Dante can win if the master sword doesn't effect him which imho it doesn't cause he did use holy stars to heal himself and a good old quicksilver and yamato combo should do the trick as yamato still bypasses durability and link isn't resistence to time manipulation though using full composite then idek i lack my LoZ knowledge and if i sound like i am wanking then i am sorry
Link can slow down, stop, speed up, and even rewind time himself. His time-bending hax far outclasses Dante's. Also, Yamato's AP must have some limit when it comes to AP ignoring conventional durability, as in DMC3, Dante's sword (which has never been stated to be indestructible) and even his limbs have taken hits from it and gone back to normal, not popping off instantly or shattering, as well as having limits to what the "Dimension Cutter" attacks can hit without disappating, as shown when Nero launched one at Dante in DMC4, and only took out a few bedposts, rather that flying on further.

Link's Swords, and Shields are all indestructible (having been stated to be as such), with the mirror shield sending an opponent's attack off in another direction or right back at the user, with the magic armor from Wind Waker being different that "Conventional Durability" as well.

ZachariahB said:
Link can slow down, stop, speed up, and even rewind time himself. His time-bending hax far outclasses Dante's. Also, Yamato's AP must have some limit when it comes to AP ignoring conventional durability, as in DMC3, Dante's sword (which has never been stated to be indestructible) and even his limbs have taken hits from it and gone back to normal, not popping off instantly or shattering, as well as having limits to what the "Dimension Cutter" attacks can hit without disappating, as shown when Nero launched one at Dante in DMC4, and only took out a few bedposts, rather that flying on further.

Link's Swords, and Shields are all indestructible (having been stated to be as such), with the mirror shield sending an opponent's attack off in another direction or right back at the user, with the magic armor from Wind Waker being different that "Conventional Durability" as well.
Does Link have time manipulating items other than the Ocarina of Time? Has he ever used time manipulation in combat? I doubt the Ocarina will actually be useful in combat (although I haven't finished the game yet).

I'm fairly certain the mirror shield's reflection works only against light and energy-based attacks.

ZillaJrKaijuKing said:
ZachariahB said:

Does Link have time manipulating items other than the Ocarina of Time? Has he ever used time manipulation in combat? I doubt the Ocarina will actually be useful in combat (although I haven't finished the game yet).
I'm fairly certain the mirror shield's reflection works only against light and energy-based attacks.
I think the Phantom Hourglass can temporarily freeze time.

ZillaJrKaijuKing said:
ZachariahB said:

The Phantom Hourglass can freeze time temporarily. And the stuff that was shot out of the sword when Nero used it looked a lot like energy.

Also, the Mirror Shield can be used on elemental attacks as well.

Yamato's behavior when used by Nero is different from its behavior when used by Dante or Vergil. In-cutscene, Nero's projectile was explosive. When Dante and Vergil use Yamato, its slices distort space-time, which is different from an energy projectile.

Which probably means Yamato will ignore the magic armour, since the magic armour is just a forcefield around link. It is unclear wether it would protect him from attacks already inside.

Lasatar said:
Which probably means Yamato will ignore the magic armour, since the magic armour is just a forcefield around link. It is unclear wether it would protect him from attacks already inside.
WW's Magic Armor isn't a forcefield. It's a protective aura that comes from within.

ZillaJrKaijuKing said:
Does that make it more or less vulnerable to Yamato's hax?
I'd say less, as there's really nowhere inside that Yamato's slash could go, since the defensive barrier comes from within Link's body, only really solidifying into an outline around him at a certain point on the outside of him.

Since when has the aura come from within Link? I've played WW three times, one of them to 100% completion (including Nintendo Gallery), and never have I seen or heard anything about that. In the game itself, it just puts a glowing barrier around Link. Plus, it coems from the crystal; not Link. If Yamato were to destroy that crystal, I'd say the barrier might be deactivated anyway.

Link should take this via better hax and way better time manupulation, invulnerability for many many days, etcetc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back