• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
they are not, thinking with soul does not mean that their souls are their minds, and if you want it to be that way, make a crt
Doesn't matter demons are abstract in general and hoppa can't do anything to Dante's dt passives

they are not, thinking with soul does not mean that their souls are their minds, and if you want it to be that way, make a crt
i dont really think we need a crt, a demons soul is already accepted to be its true form, their physical form isnt really themselves

i dont really think we need a crt, a demons soul is already accepted to be its true form, their physical form isnt really themselves
scuse me what? i was not talking about their physical bodies, I was talking about their minds, it does not matter if their soul if their true form, the mind hax would still work, there is no proof that their minds are abstract concepts

I'm pretty sure Hoopa resists its own Mind hax because of it being related to Psychic Type, so its relation with Dark Type should make it able to resist it. Fear hax shouldn't work tbh, as emphatic hax is treated as a part of the mind/soul in Pokémon verse, which is elementally resisted from Dark type.

I'm pretty sure Hoopa resists its own Mind hax because of it being related to Psychic Type, so its relation with Dark Type should make it able to resist it. Fear hax shouldn't work tbh, as emphatic hax is treated as a part of the mind/soul in Pokémon verse, which is elementally resisted from Dark type.
Dante's fear and madness hax are 4d

scuse me what? i was not talking about their physical bodies, I was talking about their minds, it does not matter if their soul if their true form, the mind hax would still work, there is no proof that their minds are abstract concepts
yes there is, them talking with nothing but their souls balrog is a prime example of this i believe, maybe berial too, also the demons without names, they should not have anything beyond a soul yet they still have thier minds

AE applies to all mind,body and soul unless contradicted

Demons without concepts have souls and minds. They are more abstract.

Oh yeah Hoopa resists their own mind hax because of the whole Unbound vs Bound Hoopa thing,

So is Hoopa Psychic hax potency, and even 7 layers above Baseline 4D AE 1 Mind Hax.
If resisting mind hax protects from madness manipulation than Dante's only wincon is if hoppa doesn't summon anyone from creation trio and that's not really a wincon so stomp

Hoopa also has ressiatnce because of how in the movie neither Hoopa could just Mind Hax the other and fought each other by throwing Legends against the other.

If resisting mind hax protects from madness manipulation than Dante's only wincon is if hoppa doesn't summon anyone from creation trio and that's not really a wincon so stomp
nah he can find other ways to win, he has precog in this key, he can teleport and stab hoopa for example before he reacts, if dante doesnt start in DT,then he starts with DT, in that form he has 2x speed buff, so he could make very quick attacks

Last edited:
Sigh... folks keep bring up the CT even tho the LT are pretty much just as good summons too but yeah DT Dante fighting a bunch of 2-A Pokémon does look funny when you think about it.

Either way I'm remaining neutral on this (potentially cursed) MU since there are a few assumptions being made here and I don't want to vote until the facts are laid bare.

Let's be honest tho all Hoopa needs to do in order to win is to summon an infinite supply of pizza.

nah he can find other ways to win, he has precog in this key, he can teleport and stab hoopa for example before he reacts, if dante doesnt start in DT,then he starts with DT, in that form he has 2x speed buff, so he could make very quick attacks
He also has above baseline time stop with BoT.
And Untouchable.

Wait hold on why is everyone arguing for mind manipulation and creation trio summoning. Hoopa doesn’t open with either of those. He opens with mind manipulation only with his summons (so they actually follow him and don’t immediately attack him) and he definitely didn’t open with the creation trio he summons random legendaries.

I watched the movie recently and I don’t remember him opening with mind manipulation against his opponents. He uses it often but that’s when he has a goal in mind to have them as a summon. Against someone he was fighting he chose to summon random legendaries.

When it comes to the creation trio, he doesn’t open with them. He summons completely random legendaries, so he has at best a 1/30 or so chance to summon a creation trio member and if he summons anything else Dante destroys. Hoopa is a very stationary fighters, so while Dante’s projectiles get portaled away, if Dante gets in close he destorys Hoopa.

So my vote for Dante stays since he can pretty much one shot (type 1 concept manip attacks) if hoppa summons anything that is not a part of creation trio

I watched the movie recently and I don’t remember him opening with mind manipulation against his opponents. He uses it often but that’s when he has a goal in mind to have them as a summon. Against someone he was fighting he chose to summon random legendaries.

When it comes to the creation trio, he doesn’t open with them. He summons completely random legendaries, so he has at best a 1/30 or so chance to summon a creation trio member and if he summons anything else Dante destroys. Hoopa is a very stationary fighters, so while Dante’s projectiles get portaled away, if Dante gets in close he destorys Hoopa.
Hoopa won against Kratos solely because it was said he led with Creation trio

I saw that on the profile. I’ll rewatch the movie sometime tonight just to make absolute sure he doesn’t open with creation trio (though I know he doesn’t) and then I’ll request that fight to be removed. Because Hoopa doesn’t open with the creation trio. He’ll absolutely use them, but it’s completely random when they come out.

Ok after rewatching the movie the evil Hoopa actually did summon the creation trio first in one of the fights, but it constantly summons random legendaries throughout the rest of the movie and the good Hoopa (the Hoopa used here) didn’t even attempt to summon them. So whether him summoning the creation trio first that time was a coincidence or not, and whether that would apply to good Hoopa is up to debate. Considering how every other legendary he summons is consistently random, in many other scenes he didn’t open with them, and how that’s not even the Hoopa we are using, I would say him opening with the trio isn’t likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back