• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dante DMC3 Abilities

Golden_Void

VS Battles
Retired
Elemental manipulation (Wind, Fire, Ice)

Invulnerability via cerberus (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv6_PKKCHHM)

On the last move of the above video:

"Ice Age- Creates a large ice mass that encases the player. The ice mass does continual damage on all enemies that touch it, but most importantly makes the player invulnerable to all attacks."

(Holy) light manipulation via beowulf- "Flash gauntlets and greaves. This set boosts Dante's attack and speed making him a powerhouse."

"I am the combat adjudicator. Only a technique blessed with the sacred light can move me."

https://youtu.be/-FPelBh5seI?t=1m11s

Self-duplication via shadow manipulation (doppelganger)

Invulnerability, damage/attack Nullification, life manipulation via royalguard

"Just Block- Block 1/10th of a second before an enemy attack. Negate the damage of the attack and charges the Royal Gauge more than usual."

"Ultimate- Block enemy attacks and convert the block energy into life power for yourself."

Most of these are already on his page, IIRC. IMO Invulnerability via Cerberus is more of a game mechanic than the actual invulnerability. And Life Manip with RG is actually Healing, and it's on his page as well.

There are other characters in dmc who are missing abilities

Mundus mind control and time manipulation

Nero can hurt intangible demons

Sparda can take away power by taking away names

I'm okay with Nero hurting intangible beings and Mind Control for Mundus, but I don't quite remember about Time Manip and Sparda's power null

IIRC, calc group members agreed on that DMC3 Dante's travel speed should be At least High Hypersonic.

And someone, please, change Dante's quote template (he said that to Echidna, not Nero).

mundus was effecting the time on the island making some parts move slower and others faster

Sparda took the names away from the seven deadly sins which took away their power

I think that would also give Dante power null in the sparda devil trigger

RebubleUselet said:
Most of these are already on his page, IIRC. IMO Invulnerability via Cerberus is more of a game mechanic than the actual invulnerability. And Life Manip with RG is actually Healing, and it's on his page as well.
Not really.

Perhaps you should inform Matthew about this thread?

RebubleUselet said:
What makes you think that it's not?
The fact that the game says so, which is the reason any of his other abilities are on his profile.

Okay...

• Invulnerability is game-mechanics and a NLF
  • Okay for Light Manipulation but I don't see what's special about it
  • Fine with duplication
  • No for attack nullification, that's a NLF. Royal Guard is just a well-timed parry
  • Life Manipulation should be Absorption via Royal Guard

i mean invulnerability should have a limit tbf

Just to add more i guess

Hmm not sure i mean it can null attacks as long as it isn't too strong i mean there should a limit like invulnerability

I think llimited damage nullification is better (Beerus has limited energy nullification). Besides, he receives the full force of the attack and negates the damage, can convert said energy into health, and use pent-up energy from receiving attacks and turn it into a single, devastating blow. That isn't simply a parry.

In either case, he manipulates the energies of attacks in many ways, he isn't just countering a move.

Unite My Rice said:
In either case, he manipulates the energies of attacks in many ways, he isn't just countering a move.
In the "Damage Nullification" case, he definitely is. It's just game-mechanics. Just like Street Fighter III parrying doesn't translate to a real ability, this doesn't either.

Back