• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Danny Phantom Revision (Possible Tier 2!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I just read that thread, he did mentioned it but it was mostly glossed over.

Imo this and the fact that by the end of the episode he was still watching Danny with the book, despise him saying that the story would be over when Danny learned his lesson, pretty much contradicts the idea of the Ghost Writer creating a different universe.

Ercosore said:
Yeah I just read that thread, he did mentioned it but it was mostly glossed over.
Imo this and the fact that by the end of the episode he was still watching Danny with the book, despise him saying that the story would be over when Danny learned his lesson, pretty much contradicts the idea of the Ghost Writer creating a different universe.
Ercosore, it is up to Interpretation, hence the "Possibly" rating.

Possibly
Should be used to list a hypothetical statistic for a character, but inconclusive due to lack of feats or viable power-scaling. Probability of said hypothetical statistic should also be indeterminate.

For the record I am not against the them being possibly low 2-C, what I am against is the Ghost Writer being 2-C, since I think there is more evidence than suggest he didnt created a compleatly new universe.

I already talked about the Ghost Writer inconsistency. The entire episode points to him creating an alternative universe.

He blasts Danny and Danny disappears. A book appears in his place and the screen zoomn on the book, and then the Ghost Writer begins to control the plot of the story. The entire episode takes place inside the book, even when the show goes on commercial it backs away from the page. At the end of the episode the when Danny cheers that he's no longer talking in rhyme the screen backs up and it reveals that the Ghost Writer is reading the story in prison.

That is the only thing going against him creating an alternative universe. However as I mentioned. He was in the story himself and when Danny destroyed the Keyboard, Ghost Writer stated that he can't undo what has been done but the story doesn't end until the lesson is learned.

The Plot literally gains a mind of it's own and as Ghost Writer says, Whatever he writes becomes real. If the story gained a mind of its own and can do whatever it wants, it can send the real Ghost Writer to prison if it choose to. However this is just something I brought up. I also said Danny Phantom is no stranger to inconsistencies. That ending does go against the idea but if the rest of the episode goes against that then why would we completely ignore the the majority of the episode and focus only on the last part?.

I can update the Ghost Writer to Possibly 2-C if people want but it's still backed.

The thing is I dont think the whole episode took place inside the book, if it was then there would be no reason for Danny to still be inside the book.

I am aware that I am focusing a bit too much in the ending, I just think that it recontextualize the episode from "Ghost Writer created a universe inside the book" to "Ghost Writer send Danny back to the regular world and was using the book to monitor him".

Even in the episode itself there is stuff that contraticts it, why would the Ghost writer created a copy of himself in the story? Why didnt he knew about the Christmas truce between the ghosts if he created that reality? and so on.

Even asuming he created a world inside the book there is no proof he created a whole universe, he could had perfectly just created a pocket dimension that with only the earth, the sun and the moon, though I admit that is speculation on my part.

That being said, I think Possibly 2-C is a fine compromise, since as Nedge said, its a matter of interpretation at this point.

Tier 2 from controlling the world would be like High 6-B Donald Trump through President-hood

not sure if we can do that, but still

I guess I'll update the Ghost Writer to Possibly 2-C. Don't wish to continue to debate this and take up the thread.

Mr. Bambu said:
Tier 2 from controlling the world would be like High 6-B Donald Trump through President-hood

not sure if we can do that, but still
What???.

I'm not sure how to respond to this but if your referring to the Reality Gauntlet I specifically stated controlling "all reality" like space and time, not control the "world" planet.

Ercosore said:
My apologies, it was not my intention to derail the thread.
You didn't really derail given the Ghost Writer is apart of this.

Yes, you stated that, it didn't.

Just saying, that's a mighty vague statement for Tier 2.

Mr. Bambu said:
Yes, you stated that, it didn't.

Just saying, that's a mighty vague statement for Tier 2.
What do you mean "it didn't". In the episode it is repeatedly stated that the full power of the gauntlet gives you control over "all reality". That doesn't seem vague, why would "all reality" mean just earth?.

... wew.

You specified it gave control over space and time on a universal scale.

It said it gave control over all reality, which is incredibly flowery and not reliable.

I've got nothing wrong with the keyboard and if it is also a Tier 2 artifact from the Ghost Zone then the two artifacts you stated (Ring of Rage, Crown of Fire) would likely also be at least Tier 2.

But I don't buy the gauntlet's statement giving it Tier 2.

Not "Reality". It says "All Reality" and the Gauntlet has shown control over space and time. It also was going to be used to wipe out all ghosts which it would need Universal range to achieve and that's if they went into the Ghost Zone.

Also wasnt it stated that the gaunlet was able to "eliminate all the ghost forever" which would include the ancient ghosts?

^ If that's true then it's fine I guess.

Also I can have universal range abilities and not be Tier 2.

@Mr. Bambu I know characters can have universal range without being Tier 2.

However it should be noted that the Ghost Zone passively keeps ghosts from being destroyed and stabilizes them.

Kitty got caught in between the Human World and the Ghost Zone and her physical from was being torn apart. However she stated she had to return to the Ghost Zone before she completely fall apart. Later when she is seen again, she is able to stay in the human world all she wants. This means if the Guys in White would half the use the gauntlet to destroy the entire Ghost Zone in order to eradicate all Ghosts and considering they reveal later in the series that destroying the Ghost Zone is their goal. They clearly were going to use if for that purpose.

The Gauntlet would need Universal range to destroy the Ghost Zone.

It can be part of a purpose- a single step towards universal destruction, so to speak. Like I said this is all just a bit vague for my liking.

Mr. Bambu said:
It can be part of a purpose- a single step towards universal destruction, so to speak. Like I said this is all just a bit vague for my liking.
Well that's why I'm only asking for a "Possible" upgrade. I know this is solid evidence but it's something. Although they literally tried to blow up the entire Ghost Zone so I don't think it was a step towards universal destruction but I understand what you're saying.

I guess. I can't deny it has something to suggest it, though whether or not this is grounds for an actual upgrade is uncertain.

Ok so it seems fine but I do notice some have a problem with the Ghost Writer's 2-C rating and I'm not one to completely disregard others so what I'll do is simply do is upgrade them "Possible" Low 2-C for the Reality Gauntlet stuff.

Then make a thread about the Ghost Writer and message those who had a problem with it so we can discuss it, given it only was used here to back up the 2-C (Low Multiverse level) part of the thread we don't need to worry about losing the Low 2-C stuff.

I'll update the OP so people can see the changes and edit the profiles later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back