• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dale vs Alphonse. Pocket Sand vs Pirate Man

I think dale should take this as his shotgun doesn't take much cool down just a quick reload he should be the first one to fire since Alphonse takes some time to fire dale should also be more mobile since he's usually shown to be decently agile Enough to let him roll out of a bus with minimal damage and enough to let him run away from other characters considering dale's personality he'd run and sneak behind Alphonse and fire

• audible knuckle cracks
Right. Let's tear this down right now. For starters, while his shotgun would take longer than Dale's standard pump-action shotgun, Alphonse clearly holds the firearm advantage due to the overall power of his gun, which at its maximum, is a veritable explosion with every shot, that stretches a good distance. Plus, Dale's gun wouldn't hinder Alphonse that much, considering he's taken beatings from Otus and Geddy, and managed to run away after their initial encounter. Not to mention that he's an automaton, which would negate the pocket sand Dale would use, as the point of it would be to blind his opponent by throwing it in his eyes, when his eyes don't work like that.

Also, Dale can dodge out of a bus. That's cute. Alphonse managed to run away from an exploding broiler within an airship while holding both Otus and Geddy in either arm. And that's considering what he's done himself, not to mention the fact that he directly scales to Otus in speed as well, since, again, he is able to keep up with him in a fight.

So, yeah, I seriously don't see how Dale could win here. Maybe he can get lucky and get enough shots in to take him down before Alphonse essentially blows him up, but aside from that, I'm seeing this as pretty decisive in Alphonse's favor.

Winner: Alphonse

Considering they're both using guns with spread, Alphonse's movement speed advantage will be important in attempts to aim dodge, and it will also let him control the spacing of the fight. He's also just a lot stronger and more durable then Dale, so he can take hits if needed, while Dale can't really do that.

So because of that, and everything Starter said, I'm voting for Alphonse.

I don't think they're physical strength is gonna matter neither the guns even tho it's stronger it's how you use it and dale is a much better shot he has years upon years of experience with guns he's gonna hit that shot on Alphonse

>years upon years of experience with guns

Bruh.

Alphonse has been around for centuries. I'm pretty sure he has the experience edge over Dale.

And being one of the most skilled pirates under Molstrom aside from Dirk before he joined with Otus.

Running away from an explosion while holding two people is more related to speed not mobility and speed's equal so this doesn't matter also being centries old doesn't mean how skilled he is because we don't know how long he's been using guns or been a pirate. also he should die from dale's gun The gun is small building level maybe higher due to guns being able to one shot these characters which you know kill them so it should be able to kill him

yep another thing I'd argue a normal pump action shotgun is better than Alphonse's gun power doesn't matter they'd both one shot eachother but Alphonse needs to get up close and in which case when he does dale's gonna throw his pocket sand in his eyes and then shoot

Their shotguns should have similar range and I don't think throwing sand in a robots eyes would do much?

Well, he doesn't have to get up close. Especially when he's not teamed up with Otus, he can launch a barrage of firey projectiles at a distance, like here.

Agletonwiki said:
I don't think they're physical strength is gonna matter neither the guns even tho it's stronger it's how you use it and dale is a much better shot he has years upon years of experience with guns he's gonna hit that shot on Alphonse
Considering Dale's gun's best feats seem to be killing people who scale to those physical stats, the 26x difference is quite massive. If Dale can hurt Alphonse, he is most certainly not one shotting.

Where from? They don't have any AP or durability calculations on their pages, and nothing they have is in references to common feats. Are they missing a calculation link?

Considering Dale's gun's best feats seem to be killing people who scale to those physical stats, the 26x difference is quite massive. If Dale can hurt Alphonse, he is most certainly not one shotting.

It doesn't really matter, the guns will still pierce.

@00potato, it does matter. Piercing lets you damage above your AP, but it's not gonna totally ignore durability. In the first place, we don't know how much AP his gun has, if it's best feat was piercing baseline 9-As (I know it isn't after what Jacky said, I'm just explaining stuff) then it could very easily be a 9-B in terms of energy with the piercing to injure 9-As. Saying it pierces something 26x above its best feat would have no basis.

Anyway, with what Jacky said, the AP gap would be negligible for guns, both would one shot, as long as they got a shot to a vital. Though, someone should probably find and link the calc.

Wait, at first you say it does matter but your second paragraph contradicts that.

The whole "well they may be 9-B." has no evidence and is just an assumption used to hide away from the point. Guns can pierce through tings far higher then their AP, a baseline 9-A gun will definitely hurt someone higher into 9-A.

I'm saying it matters for a 26x gap. Where is your evidence of the gun having 9-A energy? A gun doesn't inherently have energy equal to its wielded, it has the energy needed to pierce whatever it's shown to pierce not the energy needed to pierce things 26x what it's shown to pierce.

Back