• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

D Gray-Man: The spiral of Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been a minute since I've touched DGM so let's change that.
The Spiral of Life and Type 1 Conceptual manipulation.

In DGM there's something referenced as the Spiral of Life. The Spiral of Life is the source of all that exists. Destroying that in turn destroys the mind, body and soul, reducing everything to elementary particles as a universal principle. The body is simply a vessel for the soul, and the soul is apart of Spiral of Life. Furthermore the Spiral of Life is stated to draw out life's possibilities, being the power of Hope and Despair that drives evolution. The Spiral contains the greatest energy in the universe, even more so than souls.

The Spiral of Life is the most fundamental part of all that exists. And if it's damaged the victim's mind and soul are destroyed, with their bodies being reduced to elementary particles. Without the Spiral of Life the Soul, Body and mind cease to exist. The Spiral of Life is the most fundamental part of any living being, being the source that stems to existence. With all this, it should be relatively straightforward to qualify for Type 1 CM, which would scale to The Earl due to him being able directly consume souls and the Spiral of Life.

Last edited:
It feels more like it qualifies for conceptual manipulation or Law Manipulation rather than information manipulation Type 2.

In JJK's case sorcerers were given Info Type 2 because the series expressly mention the soul and body having fundamental "Information" itself which when altered overwrites the corresponding aspect.

I'm not seeing anything pertaining to information/knowledge etc. but the spiral being a universal principle said to be the source of all that exists could more easily be seen as conceptual manipulation

Probably Type 2 by virtue of being a universal principle stated to be the source of all that exists
Yeah I wasn't sure if this sounded like CM or information manipulation, went with the latter to be safe. But if CM is more accurate I can edit the OP.

Idk if this would be info 2.

This just seems to be the spiral of life is the soul and the body, the spiral of life isn't a separate thing from those.

Idk if this would be info 2.

This just seems to be the spiral of life is the soul and the body, the spiral of life isn't a separate thing from those.
Rather the mind, body and soul are apart of the Spiral. The Spiral is the source of all that exists.

Aight I'll update the OP to reflect that instead of type 2 info. Means I can also hakai the shit JJK example.

Rather the mind, body and soul are apart of the Spiral. The Spiral is the source of all that exists.
I haven't seen where it says mind in this, but it says the soul is within the spiral of life. I'm saying what I think it says is that the Spiral of Life is really just a symbolic name for the Body and the Soul and the depiction shows us two things like when the hair spirals or the helix.

I haven't seen where it says mind in this, but it says the soul is within the spiral of life.
The Soul in DGM is connected to the mind.
I'm saying what I think it says is that the Spiral of Life is really just a symbolic name for the Body and the Soul and the depiction shows us two things like when the hair spirals or the helix.
The Spiral of Life isn't symbolic. It's a literal and serious thing in the verse as explained by Allen. If it were symbolic they'd just say the body and the soul instead of making a big deal out of it.

Furthermore there are no hair spirals here. That's the spiral of life?

The Spiral of Life isn't symbolic. It's a literal and serious thing in the verse as explained by Allen. If it were symbolic they'd just say the body and the soul instead of making a big deal out of it.

Furthermore there are no hair spirals here. That's the spiral of life?
My fault, not the hair but the Earl's finger strand thing here when the spiral is talked about is depicting the spiral of life to us. And I'm not disagreeing that the concept of the spiral of life isn't literal, it is but its a term to describe how the world works when it comes to life in dgm which is that the Soul and the Body co-exist in a sort of spiral, that is why the dna helix is shown to further depict this spiral of life.

Overall I don't think this is info 2 or cm 2, I would say this is more so Law manip.

My fault, not the hair but the Earl's finger strand thing here.
Thats just the Earl's attack, doesn't really have any relevance here.
hen the spiral is talked about is depicting the spiral of life to us. And I'm not disagreeing that the concept of the spiral of life isn't literal, it is but its a term to describe how the world works when it comes to life in dgm which is that the Soul and the Body co-exist in a sort of spiral, that is why the dna helix is shown to further depict this spiral of life.
It's never stated that the soul and body coexist I the Spiral. Two different things, the statement is that the body is the vessel for the soul and that the soul is simply one part of the Spiral of Life.
Overall I don't think this is info 2 or cm 2, I would say this is more so Law manip.
Gonna have to agree to disagree there.

Simple question, but wouldnt the fact SoL is called "The source of everything" mean its type 1 cm instead of cm2, since it created everything? I recall a similar case with hell's paradise with tao being type 1 cm since it is the source.

Kinda want to argue for it more but idk the series.

Anyways, regardless if type 1 or 2, the changes seem fine.

Nah CM Type 1 is shit like being above concepts that shape and govern reality.
Type 1 Concepts are concepts which aren't dependent on the reality they govern over, it has nothing to do with being above another concept, fundamentally. If the Spiral of Life created everything, it's by necessity that it isn't dependent on the things it created because it existed before its creations. If this is to be considered as Conceptual Manipulation, it would be Type 1 Conceptual Manipulation for the exact same reason as Tao from Hell's Paradise has it.

Been a minute since I've touched DGM so let's change that.
The Spiral of Life and Type 2 Conceptual manipulation.

In DGM there's something referenced as the Spiral of Life. The Spiral of Life is the source of all that exists. Destroying that in turn destroys the mind, body and soul, reducing everything to elementary particles as a universal principle. The body is simply a vessel for the soul, and the soul is apart of Spiral of Life. Furthermore the Spiral of Life is stated to draw out life's possibilities, being the power of Hope and Despair that drives evolution. The Spiral contains the greatest energy in the universe, even more so than souls.

The Spiral of Life is the most fundamental part of all that exists. And if it's damaged the victim's mind and soul are destroyed, with their bodies being reduced to elementary particles. Without the Spiral of Life the Soul, Body and mind cease to exist. The Spiral of Life is the most fundamental part of any living being, being the source that stems to existence. With all this, it should be relatively straightforward to qualify for Type 2 CM, which would scale to The Earl due to him being able directly consume souls and the Spiral of Life.
I Agree with this thread, Actually I also wanted to bring it up but because there was too much later on about argumentation so I skipped it. Btw the context there is clear because as the root of everything

This looks like a Type 2 Concept.
I don't see anything confirming Deceive's argument making it a wild guess rather than an elaborate truth.

What we have from the Scan is that the Spiral of Life is the source of everything and its destruction causes things to return to elementary particles and it's a universal principle

it doesn't elaborate on how the concept is independent of the object it just says the object originates from it as a source.
furthermore, it also shows how they return to elementary particles rather than ceasing thus the existence of elementary particles may have preceded the conception of the abstract. then one could argue that the moment the conception existed was when these elementary started taking form as "Existence" which is the soul, energy, matter etc.

There's a possibility that it is type 1 but without further confirmation regarding its nature I don't think it qualifies as a Type 1 concept.

furthermore, it also shows how they return to elementary particles rather than ceasing thus the existence of elementary particles may have preceded the conception of the abstract.
Being reduced to particles is the same as EE in DGM iirc.
0061-008.jpg

then one could argue that the moment the conception existed was when these elementary started taking form as "Existence" which is the soul, energy, matter etc.
I'll let Deceived handle this one.

I don't see anything confirming Deceive's argument making it a wild guess rather than an elaborate truth.
I never made an argument, I was just explaining what Type 1 Conceptual Manipulation actually was, and explained that if we assume the axiom of The Spiral of Life predating its creations, it would be Type 1 for the exact same reasons as this other verse. I still haven't actually explained my opinion of this thread, just cleared up a misconception.

As for my opinion of this thread, I agree this is more so Type 2 Conceptual Manipulation instead of Type 1 as we don't have enough evidence to assert that The Spiral of Life predates its creations. All we know is that it gives existence to them, and that removing this fundamental truth causes those existences to disperse into elementary particles.

Alright Type 2 it is then. For the time being should I consider this accepted or should I get more staff input?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back