• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(D&D) Composite Adventurer WIP Blog

If Vecna's master plan went the way it was supposed to then he would've became a stronger Overgod than Ao. So he'd be far in the High 2A range.

Although alt-alt-ending to the adventure suggests that he can't ascend so he's stuck as a super powerful Greater God

I feel like I should mention this incase anyone doesn't know/doesn't fully understand it, but being an Immortal and being a God isn't possible. If you become one you can't become the other. Immortals have been worshipped for millions of years sometimes by hyper religious nations but have zero divine characteristics (heck man one Immortal is literally a dinosaur that's existed for who knows how long but doesn't have god characteristics) and Gods can no longer transcend the mortal dimensional limit since they ditched that part of themselves.

Also while similar they have important core differences

• Immortals don't need worshippers to survive. An Immortal could vanish for thousands of years and barely lose power while a God would just straight up die
  • Immortals don't demand or even ask for worship. A cleric can worship an Immortal, but most worship abstract concepts like Law and Chaos
  • Immortals don't get stronger with worship afaik
  • Gods in turn are far harder to get rid of permanently and have a wider variety of stuff as they represent concepts and ideas

oh shit patches the spider is an immortal it all makes sense now

Also, Qawsed, could you begin gathering abilities that are common to Immortals? It'll be a long time before I reach that key but it'd be much appreciated.

Sure. Might be hard for some powers though since they have access to every single spell.

Qawsedf234 said:
Sure. Might be hard for some powers though since they have access to every single spell.
We'll catch the every single spell thing on the way up to them, I mean stuff exclusive to Immortals.

Udlmaster said:
I've recently found the 3.5e Premium Spell Compendium, which contains all 3.5e's spells.
My table has a couple of SCs, but working through main books first.

Well, the Spell Compendium is basically all the spells from the other books put into one, there's 2 for 3.5e

Spell Compendium and then the Spell Compendium Premium which is the final edition.

If you want, I can see if I could make a table going through all the spells Putting it into a table like this:

https://imgur.com/ona1VRa

Udlmaster, that is absolutely perfect, but I need to know the level at which it can be cast. For items, that just goes to Standard Equipment, so no level needed.

Yes. Mindhax scales to Nilbog who can passively prevent a kingdom of goblins from attacking him. That's in the 9-B key. Most of their other mind-affecting hax similarly scale.

What would you consider smurfy, then? I always thought it was something tiers higher than your physical tier.

Mr. Bambu said:
Udlmaster, that is absolutely perfect, but I need to know the level at which it can be cast. For items, that just goes to Standard Equipment, so no level needed.
Actually, there is a level requirement for items. Some items cannot be made or used by some of a level below it's CR.

This is for 3.5e at least, not sure about other ones, it may not exist in other editions.

Their 5-B/High 6-A keys can do so, yes. Those keys are avatars of their god forms and still have weaker deity hax in them.

They can be given protection from a deity, or boons like the Chosen of Mystra and the Magister that can be given 2-A resistances.

The Magister is given Mind Resistance that stops even Mystra

Really?

Got links to that stuff? That sounds mighty broken and good to me.

Also, whenever you can, if you could go through the Spell Compendium Premium thing and add the levels to that chart of yours, it would be great help boyo.

CA is gonna be 500000 bytes long my boyes.

holy shit

So, Magister effectively offers Power Null of magic greater than anything I've ever seen in-verse before via Spell Resistance 50, and can walk through non-magical metal or even magical metal up to a certain point. Jee-sus.

They are totally immune to mind affects and enchantment spells, which in-verse would translate to 2-A resistance to such things.

They can detect any sort of magic within 60 ft, basically, and understand its nature.

Under Composite Adventurer, they would also be effectively immune to all spells, from what I can tell. As in, they can choose spells to be immune to. Again, 2-A resistance.

This is unironically a game-changer. Being a Chosen is sorta OP, I literally have never heard of this and this means... a lot. However this would likely only be in their Low 7-B key, due to it requiring an extremely potent caster.

Thank you for this, Udl. You're doing good work boyo. Always happy to translate it onto the profile.

Apparently Elm was once (Or possibly) a Magister at one point, meaning they must be at least lvl 15+ (It's unknown when Elm became the Magister but it was in the past, so roughly 15+), this was covered briefly in the 1st edition Book of the same Name, "The Magister" in the introduction.

I'll continue to look for the Template as well and I'll link it to you with the Page number.

Good man. This makes both Low 7-B keys and up effectively very scary smurfs.

I was wondering that instead of just the avatar key we have a "Epic level Adventurer" key. It would scale to the Abominations, Elder Evils, and the one sentient planet monster (so High 6A to maybe 5B). The avatar key can just be 5-B for being able to fight the Leviathan.

Time to scale the Leviathan to "At least 5B" tbh

Quick question would this power count as real lightning? Since if so there might be a speed upgrade for the verse do to the interaction it can have with this other level 1 power

Without more context it could be like the lightning bolt spell, so probably better to use caution

Just gonna report this here

I am working on 3.5e abilities. Going through the most notable classes, like Psion, Hexblade, Wizard, etc. Dragon seems to be working on 4e, which I appreciate.

If someone wants to bring notable points from the other versions, I'd hugely appreciate it- I am still doing this, and the blog is nearing the 100k Bytes mark (woulda had a lot more but the thing actually crashed my laptop)

Mr. Bambu said:
(woulda had a lot more but the thing actually crashed my laptop)
The slumbering Demon is starting to awaken....

Fair enough. I'm adding to the Standard Powers section bit for now, and I'll sort it all into Powers and Abilities later. Just added Death Urge, my personal favorite of the psionic abilities because it's just "******* kys" and they say "okay"

For file space you may want to make another sandbox and just copy paste the work when you're done. Also for the Old One's INT they should probably be changed to match the Immortals rating.

Also in other news another tier 2 justification is that the precursors to the Demon race included beings of such massive size that one is actually an entire Abyss layer (it's been asleep since before the multiverse existed apparently).

oh

neat

And yeah I will probably end up sandboxing some stuff if the blog keeps murdering itself. Qawsed, for your part, bringing good scans is always helpful. Also, if you happen to find any neat older-version stuff, it seems you're the most knowledgeable so I won't ask you to go out of your way buuut if you see something neat, drop it by for your old friend Bumba.

Back