• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(D&D) Composite Adventurer WIP Blog

Well in some of the old systems there was a Wild Magic chart thing. One of the possible results for spell failure resulted in the spell caster accidently raising a sunken island or continent. Dunno if it scales to anything though

Oh.

So AP you can't control. Well that's... something.

yeah I got the 4e stuff covered. just the 11-12 part of the next key is going to take a while to get all the notable stuff from, since level 11 adds so much for 4e PCs.

Edit: also I ended up finding a being named Mual-Tar from 4e that needed 2 greater gods to beat. just to find out the version of the players fight can't scale do to Mul-tar losing most of there power while chained. So it looks like resist and in verse immunity nullification from 4e stuff only works up to a 2-C level.

Qawsedf234 said:
Well in some of the old systems there was a Wild Magic chart thing. One of the possible results for spell failure resulted in the spell caster accidentally raising a sunken island or continent. Dunno if it scales to anything though
There's one like that in 5e but I'm pretty sure it's not as impressive. But if you are a level 1 wild magic sorcerer you 100% could end up casting fireball centered on yourself on accident.

Edit: There is one where in the next minute, if you die, you automatically cast reincarnate on yourself... so that's something right?

Yeah that's one of the wild surge powers. Main issue is that its utterly random. You have as much of a chance of getting self-ressurection as you do of falling madly in love with your target.

By the way, the blog has reached 100k Bytes and will gain more. The 100k bytes edit was adding all Psion powers in 3.5 main game.

No clue.

It was concluded that it would be redundant due to the massive amounts of cross scaling that would insue.

Not to mention it would be inaccurate to the possibilities of the game. Cross-class is a thing.

That's not a substantial response. The problem with such profiles is that they create absurd, bloated characters that quite frankly don't exist and cannot exist under fair game circumstances. You can't have a D&D Character with every single ability simultaneously. It's impossible.

Actually, it's not.

The levels of a D&D character can achieve has no limits, saying "Fair game" isn't a response, as it requires interaction from a GM controlled by a real person and if you say that can happen, the all beings in D&D thus become 1-A because I say they transcend the concept of dimensions in my "fair game".

Just because you as a GM would push to create an absurd, nonsense scenario, doesn't make it canon to the setting, because it's not. There are rules and limitations, and the very notion of a GM and a story crafted by real life people in each play makes a profile impossible.

You obviously didn't get what I was pointing out, you can't say "fair game" because you're applying your own intentions to a profile, and thus anyone can then apply their own intentions to the profiles.

What I am saying is that you don't get to choose what is fair and what isn't, and in a normal game, you can have a character with all abilities and all classes.

And there aren't rules in D&D, if you've bothered to read the first few paragraphs of any D&D book, they tel you their books are rules.

And " a story crafted by real life people in each play makes a profile impossible" exactly, so don't try to craft it.

You don't get to choose what can or can't be put yourself either, and putting literally every ability ever with no regard for internal consistency and logic is not preferrable in the slightest. Even single-class profiles for RPG Characters can be extremely wanked. Mages in WoG are primarily very weak, but you merging every single potential ability into one profile that also uses the highest levels of AP is not only unrealistic, but also factually dishonest with the reality of the game.

I'm not, you are, that's literally what you're doing.

You're talking about "internal consistency" but you're making baseless claims, you have no consistency. "Not preferrable in the slightest" by whos account?

By yours? Then you're back tracking and crafting a profile based on your personal beliefs, which you are currently ranting on at me, saying it's wrong.

And it's not "wanked" at all, and you're just flat out lying for saying that, because there's nothing "wanked" about it, and since you've given no evidence for this, I dismiss this based on Hitchen's razor.

Also, stop pulling a red herring, no one is trying to get the "highest levels of AP", you don't have to lie about people in a debate, because just like you're saying, it's "factually dishonest"

There is nothing that is unjustified with the stats or the abilities itself, but in no way it reflects your average D&D adventurer.

It's a composite that can theoretically exist, but doesn't. You ca have every ability in D&D at once? Yes.

Is it something that usually happens/has ever happened? I doubt it

It's not baseless claims, it's called being reasonable.

By the account of anyone who realistically plays D&D and obeys any set of rules and follows any internal consistency, they would agree that such profiles as proposed here are unrealistic and impossible. You cannot have a character with simultaneously every ability in the game and maxed out stats in everything, you just can't. And yet it's a profile for this impossible fusion that you want to make.

It is thevery definition of wank and no matter how much you try to dismiss contrary points using terms for fallacies erroneously thrown around, it doesn't change the fact that such a character profile does not exist. It's factually dishonest to act otherwise.

Kaltias said:
Is it something that usually happens/has ever happened? I doubt it
This is precisely my point, the profile is unrealistically / impossible jacked in every conceivable way for no real reason other than make it as powerful as possible. Are the people making it wanting to portray a realistic depiction of a D&D Adventurer, or are they just trying to get the most absurdly strong and haxed character possible to make it a high-tier character that'll win matches?

It's the later.

It might be a good idea to at least separate the abilities between classes. If only because a 1/1/1/1/1/1/1 person is technically level 7 rather than level 1 which makes tiering wonky. Though the upper level guys tend to be basically composite character classes due to their power.

Also in general composite profiles are extremely stacked due to a far larger drawing pool

The name of the profile isn't "Average Adventurer", it's "Composite adventurer", it's the best version of the Adventurer, so the argument that it's not the average isn't an argument.

Actually, thanks to Zeromaru I've found basis that all gods have every spell in the game. Their statblocks seem to denote what they do regularly. Saying you disagree with a composite class profile is fine, but that's really and truly the most accurate representation as cross-classing is an actual thing in-game. That doesn't make this the most common adventurer you'll see in-game; it is the culmination of those players' possibilities.

Also, Zach, look at the blog- they peak at Tier 1, remember?

Not sure if a Demon Lord is a god, Zach. Though I wouldn't be surprised if there's a quote saying something similar for the Demon Lords.

I have extreme doubts on the legitimacy of the current profiles and so do many other users, and I don't think composite class profiles are acceptable for the wiki in the slightest. And I specially question the Tier 1 scaling as a whole.

Mr. Bambu said:
Not sure if a Demon Lord is a god, Zach. Though I wouldn't be surprised if there's a quote saying something similar for the Demon Lords.
The most there is, is an optinal thing to make them a Quasideity and able to grant spells.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Luminous Being is like legitimaly the only Tier 1 character I've seen.
Okay, so you concede that the tier 1 scaling is legit then.

Lumi is based on that "extremely doubtful" tier 1 scaling.

Matt, I'm aware. That's why I'm creating the explanation blog, since people have now begun doubting literally anything if there isn't an eighteen mile long blog telling them why it's okay.

Tier 1 is the simple bit since it comes solely from an old setting of Mystara. Frankly I wasn't happy about it when I heard of it either, but put simply- players are destined to become Immortals, higher-dimensional beings that are aware of five-dimensional space. Immortals are further aware of the Old Ones, beings that wish for the Immortals to ascend to their own level of existence but, until they do, place a barrier on their minds. Immortals are inherently lesser than Old Ones, so we don't know where they'd be without this existing barrier. Finally, the Immortals have mathematically proven the existence of infinite spatial dimensions of Mystara, but cannot access those higher dimensions to confirm their issues. Hence why a lot of the Tier 1 stuff is "possibly".

It'll all be in the blog and then I can get back to actually important work.

Back