• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(D&D) Composite Adventurer WIP Blog

Matthew Schroeder said:
I have extreme doubts on the legitimacy of the current profiles and so do many other users, and I don't think composite class profiles are acceptable for the wiki in the slightest. And I specially question the Tier 1 scaling as a whole.
Wait, how? The hypothetical Immortals and Old Ones are just as explicity tier 1 as Lumi.

As for Lumi… he doesn't really do much in verse except "hah transcendence" so don't expect much for the good ole DM lol.

@Bambu

"Matt, I'm aware. That's why I'm creating the explanation blog, since people have now begun doubting literally anything if there isn't an eighteen mile long blog telling them why it's okay"

The problem is due to certain users creating profiles that are exaggerated, rely on unreasonable out of context scans, and tend to cause trouble later. And given the effort the more acceptable Tier 1 series have on their profiles, we started to expect this for the more complex cosmologies and series.

I don't believe you're acting out of malice, far from it. I just informed that there are plenty of users who know D&D and think the profiles as they are are wanked, to say nothing of further potential future upgrades.

An example of an "unreasonable, out of context scan"? And explain why it'd be out of context/unreasonable, if you don't mind. And yes, people also feel TES is wanked. This does not cause me to run head first into the verse saying every statement is in fact wrong.

If you think I wank TES, you're more than welcome to complain.

And I never once said that every statement is wrong, only that somethings are exaggerated. I'm not the main person making these claims.

I prefer to know things about a verse before working on revising it. Moving on, I'll wait for that example of an out of context scan we've apparently taken far out of context in order to wank a game I play a couple times a month.

Why are you thinking that I accused you directly of wanking it? I never mentioned you by name, and my problem comes primarily with the approach of Udlmaster

"I don't believe you're acting out of malice, far from it. I just informed that there are plenty of users who know D&D and think the profiles as they are are wanked, to say nothing of further potential future upgrades. "

Not maliciously wanking but that's what I got from this. And Udl does have ideas of much higher ratings. The pages in the form that they are now are taken with consideration as to what is legitimate. Otherwise Lady (and consequentially Ao and Serpent) would be Tier 1. The scans we use are specifically considered and generally looked over by somebody with ungodly knowledge on the verse (Qawsed, Zeromaru, etc). We are capable of saying "hm that seems off let's go ahead and check that".

Just to clarify about Tier 1 placements for new people that might come to this thread, here's this page

• Dimensions are explicty geometeic
  • Immortals have a solid reasoning for infinife dimensions that is backed by the narration. The only issue is the dimensional vortex
  • The dimensional vortex is an infinite six dimensional space made by the Old Ones in order to force the Immortals to evolve. Otherwise they would gain dimensional power without just transcending everything
Its clear cut Tier 1 statements and a Tier 1 feat.

@Qawsed

That scan... Directly talks about of there only being 5 dimensions with immortals only perceiving four.

The Old Ones are legitimaly at least Low 1-C, yes, but I don't see proof of infinite higher-dimensions other than speculation from the text and the title.

Did you not read the infinite dimensions section and miss the sixth dimension and higher statement?

I did read, but the infinite dimensions section doesn't mention or confirm infinite dimensions beyond the title. It just mentions six and higher dimensions as something explictly above the scope of immortals who can only perceive four dimensions and exist in a fifth. So debatably 5th Dimensional beings at best.

The infinite dimensions area actually does mention it. Read again? It mentions they've proven the existence of those dimensions mathematically.

Lumi likely is 1-A but like I said he's sort of a wallflower in the same way that Azrael from Discworld is a wallflower

Likely 1-A for the Luminous Being is fine.

And I did find the infinite dimensions quote now, yes, but it also says that immortals are explictly only 5D at best. So I don't support High 1-B tiers.

Wallflower. Background. Not relevant.

Matt, Immortals don't have a High 1-B tier. The Old Ones do, and even then it is a "Possibly"/"Likely" or whatever, since they are blocking the Immortals from ascending to that point. The Immortals do have a Possibly 1-B key but this is based on the idea that even without the barrier they'd be weaker than the Old Ones, and thus a tier lower. I wouldn't care too much if that got removed since it has little to no relevance to the character.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I did read, but the infinite dimensions section doesn't mention
What?

"Immortal discussions of mathematics, philosophy, and other topics led them to this conclusion. They further deduced that an infinite number of dimensions must exist, since each depends on the one "above" it to exist. They have attempted to explore the five obvious dimensions and to discover others."

> confirm infinite dimensions beyond the title.

The same narriation says

"Immortals have imagined much of the following, and have in fact deduced most of the truth, but have never found real evidence to support their theories."

The issue (and why there's no proof) is that the dimensional vortex outright prevents anything from going into the higher dimensions

> explictly above the scope of immortals who can only perceive four dimensions and exist in a fifth

Because without the barrier they would transcend all boundries, but still not join the ranks of the Old Ones

"But knowing that Immortal power could transcend all boundaries, the Old Ones set a limit to restrict the Immortals to help them concentrate their efforts. This is the Barrier."

Plus we aren't saying they're 100% confirmed tier 1 (well, besides the Old Ones), just that like Lumi they deserve the possibly/likely rating

Actually, speaking of, Qawsed, do you have the scan of the dimensions Immortals can create? Pretty certain it made explicit mentions of Pentaspaces, but I might be misremembering.

@Qawsedf

That's in-universe speculations. The restrictions placed by the Old Ones prevent them from being above the five known dimensions, and thus they aren't Tier 1. We also don't know if they would just rise to the sixth dimension or indefinitely otherwise.

Matthew Schroeder said:
@Qawsedf

That's in-universe speculations. The restrictions placed by the Old Ones prevent them from being above the five known dimensions, and thus they aren't Tier 1. We also don't know if they would just rise to the sixth dimension or indefinitely otherwise.
The speculation is somewhat confirmed by narriation and makes logical sense. Plus they are rated as tier High 2A. Here's the current listing for both

> At least High Multiverse level+ (Upon becoming an Immortal, the adventurer can create and move 5-Dimensional planes with ease), possibly Hyperverse level (Without the Dimensional Vortex limiting them, the Immortals would transcend dimension after dimension with no known upper bounds, feasibly going upwards to any countable number) | At least Low Complex Multiverse level (Exists within sixth dimensional space and is comparable to the Old Ones, who created the Dimensional Vortex barring other Immortals from ascending to the position of Old One), likely High Hyperverse level (Despite the Immortals potentially being able to constantly increase their dimensional power, they cannot transcend it like the Old Ones)

The possibly rating is with the quote. Same with the Old Ones. Azzy gave his sign off on them as well.

Actually it isn't. That is describing the actions of the Immortals, and then saying "in fact it is the truth".

As for the others among you, some pages I'd like to add just to letcha know after this hefty blog is finished.

Gods

• Mystra
  • Bane
  • Tiamat/Bahamut
  • Kord (totally not making this because my main character worships Kord)
  • Tharzidun
  • Cyric
  • Nerull
  • Selune (since we have Shar)
Elder Evils

• Zargon the Returner
  • Pandorym
  • Atropus, the World Born Dead
  • The Leviathan
  • Kezef the Chaos Hound
Monsters

• Atropal
  • Phaethon
  • Githzerai Society
  • Yuan-Ti Society
  • Pit Fiend
  • Aboleth Society
  • Xorn
  • Umber Hulk
Primordials

• Erek-Hus
  • Timesus
Other

• Acererak
  • Bigby
  • Demogorgan
  • Graz'zt

Elder Evils are gonna have some weird targeted smurfy powers attached to them.

Also you may want to make a second thread soon. This one is running out of space fast.

Yeah sorta. That and the fact that a couple of them have kick-ass design is why I'd like to work on them, Zargon and Kezef being the best.

I strongly disagree with anything above possibly Low 1-C, everything else is heavy speculation on your part. No confirmation that they would continually scale dimension after dimension much less become infinitely dimension.

Low 1-C is 100% confirmed, there's no possibly there. What is possibly is what comes after.

Qawsedf234 said:
Also you may want to make a second thread soon. This one is running out of space fast.
Will do soon.

How does ot weaken my case? The Immortals are explictly 5-D and can create 5-D planes. Its just that they can theortically gain constant dimensional power if not for the vortex. Those two statements do not contradict each other

Yes, they are 5D or lower, not higher. Low 1-C is possible if they didn't have the limitations of the Old Ones, but everything above that is unproven speculation.

To say that they could create infinite-dimensional planes by giving me a scan that puts the cap at 5D is illogical.

Woo. Okay, no. They are 5-D or lower with the Dimensional Vortex. Also, no single post in existence has said Immortals can create infinite-dimensional planes. That isn't a thing anybody has said. What we have said is the Old Ones block them from becoming higher dimensional and that the verse has infinite dimensions that the Old Ones seem able to block people from.

And? The existence of infinite-dimensions and their abilities to become higher-dimensional do not support High 1-B. There is no proof they can ascend beyond the next dimension above the fifth.

Yeah like Bambu said we've never claimed that they're infinite 5D. The only D&D characters listed as such are the Lady of Pain and the Serpent. Plus the page does say they there could be higher dimensional areas its just that the vortex blocks any attempts to document them.

Back