• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

D&D and M:tG, the same verse?

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
https://www.pcgamer.com/dungeons-and-dragons-new-setting-is-a-magic-the-gathering-crossover/

The answer was always that they were two separate products which existed in their own separate worlds.

That's not true anymore. A product listing went live Sunday on Amazon showing off Guildmasters' Guide to Ravnica, a Dungeons & Dragons setting supplement for playing on Ravnica, one of Magic's most popular settings.

I'm aware there is already a great deal of discussion regarding D&D, and I don't feel like this is the first priority by any means, However, since these are official products, there might be actual crossover into other official D&D supplements, therefore I suggest we keep a keen eye out.

I see this, however, either ending up as non-canon crossover, or possibly a one-sided crossover for D&D.

Technically Wizards has done this a lot, with Plane Shift, however this is something completetly seperate, and is officially published and sold under the D&D liscense.

I also don't really see this as something that would end up as canon either. Wonder what it would do to scaling if it was though.

Well, DnD has canonically multiple multiverses but they rarely interact. Ao is High 2-A in the main DnD multiverse but weaker outside it. So literally the only character that would be affected is Luminous Being.

Wokistan said:
I also don't really see this as something that would end up as canon either. Wonder what it would do to scaling if it was though.
Yeah. We can't have an answer until the product is released and we get more info, but I can't see this being applied to Magic.

Depending on how we're going to be going about the D&D verse, however, it might result in a one-sided crossover if the fates align.

inb4 Luminous Being is canonically the surpreme being of all hasbro products and they give some weird board game a High 1-A feat and Luminous being is tier 0

Inb4 the Ur Dragon is also the source of DnD dragons and the existing dragon gods are even more elder dragons, thus giving the Ur Dragon even more stuff

Luminous being is the dungeonmaster, and gamewise both players in MTG are stupidly powerful planeswalkers that can apparently summon other planeswalkers/Eldrazi/Elder dragons, so...

Bolas gets his premending power back by soloing the DnD pantheon confirmed?

Not if LoP has anything to say about it

With her profile being as is she won't have much to say lol

Mr. Bambu said:
Unless we see some story elements appearing in the canon of either, I'd say we can pretty much disregard this. If Nicol Bolas begins killing gods, we'll return to this lol
I mean, it can exist as a one-sided crossover even if there is no confirmation on Magic's end.

That said I can't say more than that without the product being out.

All of them are missing literally dozens of powers. Each deity has the powers granted to their followers, and most have basic things like Concept Manip purely by existing. Also, @Wokistan as it stands (and without wanking), LoP is one of the strongest 2-As on site. She casually fodderized a 2-A deity, is always assumed to win 100% of the time versus other 2-As in verse (regardless of the context), and had to restrain herself immensely just to not destroy the multiverse in its entirety in her battle against Vecna, at which point she still fodderized him. She's up for a "Likely High 2-A" soon.

I may actually want to put her up against Bolas at some point, as I'm pretty sure the Ur Dragon stomps.

Mid Godly Regenerationn for Lesser gods and above, the eye and hand of Vecna can survive total existence erasure. LoP has bypass mid godly by being capable of killing them.

LoP is insane. Might ask Qawsed to make a respect thread for her since the man seems to have literally every D&D book in existence (lucky bastard). Other gods are lowballed into the ground too, don't get me wrong, just take a look at the abilities here (and these are far from all of them).

Ur dragon is one of those "infinitely above baseline" characters, alongside having everything that Bolas, Ugin, or any other dragon in MTG has. That's why I'm pretty confident that that thing stomps regardless.

Isn't infinitely above baseline High 2-A? If he is just close, he'd actually be about where LoP is for 2-A rating (as of now, she's considered just below infinitely above baseline). Might be a good fight.

Or maybe for the Serpent, that might be cool too.

Just use the Ur Dragon's at least high 2-A end for that, or have Bolas somehow get at least High 2-A Emrakul out of the moon and direct it there.

Infinitely above baseline isn't necessarily high 2-A, he has that rating for a different reason. Just look at Digimon and SMT lol.

Oof don't get me started on Digimon, some battles just ain't worth fighting

Back