• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cyrus (Pokémon) Vs Seth (Dinosaur King) [7-4]

The Axiom of Virgo said:
Cyrus to use hax immediately (as shown in the manga, now imagine what he can do with a week of hax experimentation?).
I'm voting for Cyrus via hax (can incap using BFR, Sealing, Time loop etc).
Again, no one here is denying that Cyrus would start out with hax. The deciding factor here is which specific hax Cyrus would actually start out with.

I'll chuck a vote for Cyrus. Seth can one-shot, but he has two opponents to one-shot, and pretty much any of Palkia/Dialga's hax either is or leads to a win con.

@Dragon Cyrus is 2-B via prep too. Hell, the only reason he lost in canon was because Giratina

GyroNutz said:
@Dragon Cyrus is 2-B via prep too. Hell, the only reason he lost in canon was because Giratina
Through what way? If it's the pokeball thing, making something that captures a 2-B being is different from being able to make something that is 2-B.

He made the red chain from the lake trio (all of which are 2-B) which is genius level prep in itself, not even taking into account all of the research he must have done to figure out what he had to do to get his plan to work. He only has his 2-B key via controlling Dialga and Palkia with the red chain.

The votes for Cyrus are kind of vague still. Even if he has the hax to win here, it depends on which specific hax he will immediately go for and no one took this into account.

I think what we need to know is who is attacking first.

If it's Seth, he doesn't have much hax but the AP gap is so high that the Cryolophosaurus one shots.

If it's Cyrus, It depends on which hax he start with. I'm not good at haxes so I can't say what would be his best hax and if he leads with it

Epilson, the thing is that they attack at the same time. Seth's move will always oneshot, but Cyrus can win if he starts with something thought based that negs dura

I don't think anyone has made an argument for Cyrus doing that besides "he is smart"

@Choco

He got the short end of the stick.

Given a weeks prep time, Cyrus would need to do significantly less work than Seth would. All Cyrus would need to do is discover how strong the Dino's are and devise a strategy around that. He is clearly aware of Dialga and Palkia's abilities. Seth on the other hand would need to analyze both Dialga and Palkia's hax abilities and devise a strategy that doesn't involve one shotting them. Also are you referring to me getting the short end of the stick?

So... would he have to look at the anime and or pokemon generations to determine which nove he starts off with ? Because using the games is incredibly tricky as that is just RNG and won't help here.

ChocomilkAlex said:
Seth on the other hand would need to analyze both Dialga and Palkia's hax abilities and devise a strategy that doesn't involve one shotting them.
I think seth would go for the one shot. With some time he was able to:

-create a dinosaur (Black T-Rex)

-improve the capacity of dinosaurs to the point that his opponents needed to be 2 or more against him (Saurophaganax,Cryolophosaurus,Black T-Rex)

-create a move card that so far, one shotted every dinosaur that got hit (Fire Scorcher)

DragonEmperor23 said:
Epilson, the thing is that they attack at the same time. Seth's move will always oneshot, but Cyrus can win if he starts with something thought based that negs dura
Wait. Does cyrus has durability negation ?

Only the Cryolophosaurus. However, he can make move cards or amp his Cryolophosaurus even further

Back