• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Battle of the blondes. One is cool and collected, the other is driven and emotional. Speed equalized. Cynthia has her 7-B Platinum team, and Lucy is her most recent self. Post Second Timeskip. Lucy cannot target Cynthia herself, and no CSK. Who wins?

Cynthia and Garchomp
Lucy Taurus Form

Gonna have to go with Cynthia here

Shes the pokemon champion, and while lucy has better diversity, she lacks the experience

This match I like, good job Cal.

Cynthia was way more experience, is more versatile, and overall a better team captain for lack of a better word so I give it to her.

Whoops. I screwed up. I meant this is Post-Second-Timeskip Lucy. The tabber farthest to the right.

Lucy has more spirits than Cynthia has pokemon.

That means that, by sheer number, Lucy wouldn't lose easily to her. Now, both can use up to 3 "summons" in battle, but, this exhaust Lucy, while Cynthia and her team are not affected by that. But, Lucy's spirits has a little advantage, they are really clever (well, some) on their own, while, going with only game Cynthia, her pokemon aren't exactly good fighters by themself.

And in terms of experience, Cynthia won, Lucy is none to mess around, she pretty clever and good in battle, also, Lucy can fight on her own (Urano Metria bitches) and Gemini could just Copy Cynthia and gain all her knowledge.

I give this to Lucy Mid-Diff.

There is also the fact Roserade can poison all of Lucy's spirits, maybe even lucy herself if her star dress means she is also fighting, and reflect any damage with her Milotic's mirror coat, potentially crippling their usefulness.

If I'm not mistaken, the poison effect has a 1/3 chance of hitting and Mirror Coat does not reflect physical attacks, so physical attacks from spirits like Taurus will go through with no problem.

As Aiden said, Pokemon are not exactly good fighters by themselves, they require the aid of their trainer to be used to their fullest potential. While Lucy can effortlessly summon and keep open two Spirit Gates at once, she can also fight herself with her whip and spells like Urano Metria. Also, if Cynthia decides to summon multiple Pokemon to fight, it's gonna be a lot harder to control and give orders to them when the fight gets going, while Lucy's spirits can fight without her aid.

Giving it to Lucy 7/10.

Cynthia is at the top tier of trainers and going by the anime, Pokemon have been able to fight on there own fairly well and even if we go by the games she can use up to 3 at once with no problem.

Spiritomb alone might solo. He can confuse his opponents, make them use 2X or 4X more magic than usual(depending o which move he uses), put them to sleep and to top it off only Lucy's Hydrokinesis and Earth attacks can even hurt him but if he puts even one of them to sleep he can just leech health off them.

RadicalMrR said:
Spiritomb alone might solo. He can confuse his opponents, make them use 2X or 4X more magic than usual(depending o which move he uses), put them to sleep and to top it off only Lucy's Hydrokinesis and Earth attacks can even hurt him but if he puts even one of them to sleep he can just leech health off them.
How so?

Spiritomb is immune to any non elemental attacks and in pokemon light manipulation is psychic type which he also immune to, leaving only water and earth/sand attacks.

I think cynthia should win due to her intangibility and attack reflection. I don't see how lucy can get through that.

ScarletFirefly said:
I don't really think Lucy's spirits can be classified in any type of Pokemon.
There are spirits in Pokemon and they have types.

Verse equalization makes everything into a type either way so any basic attack is defaulted to fighting or normal type which goes right through Spiritomb.

Verse equalization is a very tricky topic when it comes to Pokemon, since you cannot classify all moves. They could just as likely classify as Fairy types since they are basically fairies.

Depends on the move, a Sceptile can someone punch someone and it's default to pound, a normal type attack and not grass type move.

Aquarius and Scorpio are more then likely water and ground type, but if there more generic like Leo then normal is default.

Aries is the only one I feel would fit into Fairy type.

Theglassman12 said:
I think cynthia should win due to her intangibility and attack reflection. I don't see how lucy can get through that.
Not all her team have that and is not as hardcore as you think

RadicalMrR said:
Depends on the move, a Sceptile can someone punch someone and it's default to pound, a normal type attack and not grass type move.

Aquarius and Scorpio are more then likely water and ground type, but if there more generic like Leo then normal is default.

Aries is the only one I feel would fit into Fairy type.
Aquarius Water Taurus Normal-Fighting Cancer Normal Virgo Rock Sagittarius Normal Leo Fighting Scorpio Ground Aries Fairy (Probably)

And Gemini is Ditto.

Some pokemon are intangible, so there's going to be a problem with that. Gemini may come to any vantage by getting info on her pokemon, but I don't know if that can help lucy hurt the intangible pokemons.

Check her profile on this wiki, Cynthia

There is a list of her team,but then tou have to check what level her pkmn have and then search individually what can those pokemon learn at that point.

Ok, so cynthia's pokemon in platinum has plenty of attacks that not only leaves status effect on their targets, but can boost theirs depending on which pokemon there is. Lucy's celestial spirits are more for combat, but to be specific, virgo is sort of a rock type, leo is most likely a fighting type, aries is most likely for shields via wool, capricorn is the same as leo, taurus won't help since he has a soft spot for girls, gemini can get info out of the pokemon or the trainer, sagittarius just shoots arrows, aquarius isn't with lucy anymore, scorpio would be a sand type, and cancer just cuts stuff with his scissors. So I'm pretty sure that cynthia wins this due to her pokemon having a more versatile set of abilities that can leave status effects on the celestial spirits and lucy.

Aries can be used not only for shielding but also for causing temporary paralysis with her wool and use it as a smokescreen. Virgo can also cause paralysis via rock binding and chains. Taurus will definitely help, Cynthia is far from having a revealing outfit and even then Taurus wouldn't give a damn since Lucy is the best for him. He has fought other revealing opponent's and that didn't bother him at all. Also while Aquarius is not with Lucy anymore, Lucy can still use her powers with the Star Dress so that point is moot.

RadicalMrR said:
Spiritomb is immune to any non elemental attacks and in pokemon light manipulation is psychic type which he also immune to, leaving only water and earth/sand attacks.
?

Hes a non-corporeal ghost so unless the attacks have an element behind it they will pass right through him.

Capricorn: Body weakening wont work on pokemon, since it only works on humans

Taurus: Cannot penetrate spiritomb

Virgo: Garchomp uses Earthquake

lol no Aquarius, Lucy might have stood a chance

Gemini: As they copy the other pokemon, nothing will particularly effective, and they would be on par, and similar to gemini is ditto, which cynthia has most likely fought before

Cancer: Cant penetrate spiritomb

Scorpio: Garchomp is a better ground manipulator all in all, he's not a threat

Aries: Wool isnt going to stop Cynthia's pokemon

Leo: Not much counters towards him, but he can easily be outranged, and we all know he cant carry lucy to the victory

Sagittarius: No real counters, but i doubt he is gonna beat pokes like garchomp

Urano Metria: Well, theyre not just gonna stand there and let her complete the spell

And lucy has nothing to counter the status effects from pokes like Roserade., and Milotic can raise defenses for the team.

Doesnt Spiritomb have Wonder Guard? So unless anything super effective comes in from Lucy's side Spiritomb is pretty much immune to all of the CS's hax

You're thinking of the infamous Wondertomb which are Spiritomb that are hacked to have Wonder Guard so that they have to weaknesses (At least before the Fairy Type).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back