• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cybermen Massive Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

ByAsura

He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Physicals

Firstly, there's the physical stats of the Cybermen, who've frequently proved themselves to be physically stronger than The Doctor, or any Time Lord for that matter. For example, the Tenth Doctor, who is known for his physical strength, is on the verge of being overpowered while he's wielding a sword with both hands and the Cyberman is using both, and The Master is knocked out just by being on the very edge of one blast. In another instance, a Mark 5 Cyberman was about to kill the Fifth Doctor with a blow to the neck.

During the events of World and Enough Time and The Doctor Falls, it is heavily implied that Cybermen get more and more powerful through each newer generation, and during this same story line a "primitive" Mark I brings the Thirteenth Doctor, who is also known for his physical strength and endurance, to death's door right before he survives this absolutely massive explosio from its epicentre.

• (Bill takes point, and three sonic devices are readied behind her. The lift arrives, the doors open, and a Cybus-style Cyberman is revealed.)
  • DOCTOR: Fire!
  • MASTER: Kill it, kill it, kill it, kill it! Kill it, kill it. Kill it.
  • (They succeed between them.)
  • DOCTOR: Missy, sonic the lift. Keep it here.
  • BILL: Why's it different? Why does it look like that?
  • MASTER: It evolved.
  • DOCTOR: Exactly. Since we left, they've built a weapons-grade version to come after us. And we just gave our position away. Well done, the genius twins.
It's not like they don't have feats on this level either. For one, Cybermen are consistently bullet-proof to the point where they reflect right off their metal bodies, yet they are also glass-cannons whose weapons can easily kill each other. In the Coming of the Cyberme and Doctor Who in Flower-Power, it is stated that a Mark I's weapons can reduce humans to ashes. Finally in The Doctor Falls, Nardole has to build weapons capable of destroying windmills to be effective against Cybermen, and Bill, a Mark I fragments a barn door with one blast.

Screenshot (1263)
Screenshot (1264)
Screenshot (1266)
Screenshot (1267)

Note: For context, Bill Potts appears Human because she's deluded herself into seeing that way, and the audience are shown it from both her and The Doctor's perspective. In this episode, Bill is a fully-converted Cyberman.

Technology
In The Tenth Planet, a dying Mondas (Earth's twin) absorbs Earth's energy, and according to Krail, everything on the planet would just stop. However, the energy was far too much, and Mondas broke up

• KRAIL: The energy of Mondas is nearly exhausted and now we turn to it's twin and will gather energy from Earth.
  • BARCLAY: But but!
  • DOCTOR: Gather energy?!
  • KRAIL: Age, name and occupation.
  • BARCLAY: But for how long?
  • DYSON: My name is John Dyson, supervising engineer.
  • KRAIL: Until it is all gone. Age.
  • DYSON: But that means that the Earth will, will die!
  • KRAIL: Yes. Everything on Earth will stop. Age, please.
  • BARCLAY: But you can't calmly stand there and tell us we're all going to die!
  • KRAIL: You are not going to die.
  • DOCTOR: And how are you going to stop this energy drain from Mondas?
In Revenge of the Cyberme, the detonation of two Cyber-Bombs would have fragmentized Voga. Voga's a rogue planetoid that's made almost entirely of gold.

• LEADER: Cyberbombs, the most compact and powerful explosive devices ever invented.
  • DOCTOR: Yes, and their use was banned by the Armageddon Convention.
  • LEADER: Cybermen do not subscribe to any theory of morality in war, Doctor. Our calculations indicate that two bombs placed in the central fissure of Voga will fragmatise the planet.
  • DOCTOR: Fragmatise? Oh well, I suppose we can't expect decent English from a machine.
  • LEADER: Prime the buckles. Two bombs should be sufficient. Three will make certain.
  • STEVENSON: Now what have they done?
  • LEADER: The buckles are now primed. Any attempt to remove the harness before the countdown reaches the red zone will cause a secondary explosion. Do you understand?
  • LESTER: You mean, if we attempt to release the harness before then, we'll get blown up.
  • LEADER: Correct. It is as well to keep that thought in your minds.
  • DOCTOR: And when we reach the centre of Voga, we'll be fragmatised, as you put it.
After this plan failed, the Cybermen were going to crash into Voga with multiple Cyber-Bombs, tearing the planetoid apart and creating a fireball 1,500,000 miles in diameter

• LEADER: Point of impact.
  • CYBERMAN: Twenty seven degrees seven minutes north, a hundred and sixty degrees twenty minutes east. The crust is weakest at this point.
  • LEADER: Velocity at impact, ten thousand light units.
  • CYBERMAN: Calculations indicate at maximum thrust, the Beacon will attain that velocity seven minutes before impact.
  • LEADER: What explosive force is required to sunder the planet at that depth?
  • CYBERMAN: One thousand kilos per unit.
  • LEADER: Excellent. Then the plan will be executed.
  • CYBERMAN: Yes, Leader.
  • LEADER: Order the bombs to be transferred to the Beacon.
  • (The Cyberman leaves through secondary control.)
  • LEADER: The alternative plan will work. When the Beacon crashes into Voga, we shall be watching from a safe distance, but you will have a much closer view.
  • (The Cyber Leader leaves by a side door. The Doctor beams in, stops and whistles. Sarah whistles in *return.)
  • SARAH: Doc
  • DOCTOR: (hiding) Shush.
  • SARAH: Sorry.
  • (Confident it is clear, the Doctor enters to untie her.)
  • DOCTOR: You haven't seen anything of the Tardis, have you?
  • SARAH: Tardis? Listen, Doctor, the Cybermen are loading this Beacon with bombs. They're going to smash it into Voga.
  • LEADER: We must evacuate the Beacon in three minutes.
  • CYBERMAN: Our calculations indicate the fireball will extend one point five million miles.
Now, as I mentioned before, Voga is a planetoid, not a full-sized planet. However, it was a full-sized planet in the past, and it was the Cybermen themselves who reduced Voga to a fragment of its former self. In addition to this, it's implied the only reason this fragment survived is due to its nature as a bunker.

Screenshot (1262)

There's also multiple other instances of Earth-destroying feats: In The Coming of the Cyberme, they built a bomb capable of destroying Earth. In The Crystal Bucephalus, a Sontaran Stealth Raid destroyed the planet Tersurus (where multiple Time Lords have been, proving it's somewhat Earth-like) with an Earthshock bomb obtained from the Cybermen.

• 'I now have access. The last authorized research project into genetic experimentation began on Tersurus in the year 6198. It was fully funded by the Federation Scientific Executive.' 'And what happened to the project?' The Doctor had some very uneasy suspicions. 'A Sontaran stealth raid penetrated the frontier and destroyed the planet with an earthshock bomb in 6211.'
In The Five Doctors, multiple very large Cyber-Bombs were going to destroy the TARDIS, but this is most likely an outlier.

Now for the last part; the Durability Bypassing properties of Cyber-Bombs. In Earthshock, a Cyber-Bomb is capable of essentially depopulating the Earth

• DOCTOR: Magnetic clamp.
  • ADRIC: Magnetic clamp. How much damage could this bomb do?
  • DOCTOR: Enough.
  • ADRIC: Enough for what?
  • DOCTOR: To make life intolerable for the few who survived.
This may sound like the effects of an enormous explosion, but there's evidence in The Invasio that Cyber-Bombs destroy organic beings.

• PLANNER: We no longer need you. A Cyber-megatron bomb will be delivered. We must destroy life on Earth completely. Every living being.
  • DOCTOR: Is this what you wanted? To be the ruler of a dead world?
  • BENTON [OC]: It's news from the Doctor, sir, just come through on his open channel. They're going to drop some sort of bomb.
  • BRIGADIER: Bomb? You mean the Cyberman are?
  • BENTON [OC]: Yes, sir. Something called a Cyber-megatron bomb. They're going to wipe us all out, sir.
Other Incarnations
In The Flood, a far more technologically advanced Cyber-race exists. Their technology and designs are stated explicitly to surpass other forms of Cybermen. They also possessed a Vortex Reactor, which harnessed power from the Time Vortex.

In Supremacy of the Cyberme, a group of Cybermen from the end of the universe take over Gallifrey with Rassilon. They possessed all of Gallifrey's technology and were going to use the Regenerationn Energy stored in The Eye of Harmony to reset and alter time. They also destroyed all of Sontaran clone worlds and fleets, forced the Rutan to extinction, and reduced Alpha Centauri to a husk, along with creating terraforming arks.

In Real Time (watch here for the full webcast on youtube), the Cybermen existed so far into the future that small measurements of time lost all meaning. Their Cyber-Leader (Evelyn Smythe from an alternate time) was caught in a circular loop, where she would be sent back in time to create this new generation of Cybermen by infecting the Earth with a techno-organic virus. These Cybermen gained access to The Doctor's TARDIS, and used their newfound mastery of time to crush the Sontarans, Draconians, Time Lords and Daleks

I'm actually curious to see what the Voga Bomb would yield.

Also Tersurus? Like the Rowsn Atkinson planet (more evidence of DW's canon)

The 1.5 million mile fireball? I'm not sure, but this 15 million mile wide explosio was in the Planet level+ range, although it was calculated with destroying the moon in mind. I'd say it's still Planet level-ish though, since the bunker/rogue planet was going to be destroyed.

It has the same spelling, and the people have the same name.

If you do not get any replies, you should preferably ask the others as well.

I asked everyone. I could go to some supporters of the verse, though.

From a cursory glance this seems alright. Though, the future incarnations would probably be another key, or should be a seperate profile entirely.

You should probably ask a few more staff members for input.

Can you summarise what you want to change/add in an easily understood manner please?

Ok.

Firstly, Small Building level physicals. The Cybermen have consistently overpowered Time Lords, particularly The Doctor, and have weapons capable of reducing humans to ashes.

Secondly, Planet level technology. On multiple occasions, the Cybermen and their bombs have destroyed planets, such as Voga and Tersurus. They could also be far higher, as multiple Cyberbombs would have created a fireball 1.5 million miles wide, and another group were about to destroy the TARDIS. Although the latter could be PIS or an outlier.

Third, Durability Bypassing with weapons. It's stated on multiple occasions that Cyber-Bombs can depopulate planets while leaving machinery intact.

Fourth, different Cyberman keys, such as the ones that took over Gallifrey and The Doctor's TARDIS.

Lastly, the Cybermen page should be set out like a civilization.

Okay. All of that seems to make sense to me.

I'll make a draft before the changes, though. It'll take a while.

Things are looking better for sure, but I do hate that the first 6 versions are summed into one, same problem with the Daleks.

Oh well, that's just my view.

I have an old calc that can now be used since it no longer contradicts anything.

I also added some renders for each version (I hope they're okay). I'll probably add different variants of Cybermen (Cybermats, Controller, King, Mr.Clever etc.) when I get the time to as well, although I'll put them in the gallery(?).

Alright. The images I rendered are okay though?

The Cybermen don't exactly have a symbol they unanimously use, unless you count Cybus industries. I agree that the Cyber Leaders and stuff should go into a gallery, and those renders are fairly nice.

This is what I have for now on the page. I honestly don't think the Gallifreyan Cybermen shouldn't be included, since it happens for one comic and they're basically the same as the Time Lords just with cyber-conversion. Others seem to agree, so I've removed them.

The second one does have outlines that kind of diminish the look a bit, but other than that, I believe that those images would be considered acceptable. Thanks.

@ByAsura Will you use the calc I linked and the renders?

I'm assuming we can't use any feats from the DW/Star Trek crossover comic where the Cybermen merge with the Borg? It's a pretty cool storyline, plus there's a feat of them converting entire species into Cyber form.

I will, they're fairly high quality. I'd imagine that calc would only apply to the later Cybermen who could upgrade themselves to virtually any situation. Assimilation┬▓ seems to be a non-canon cross-over, so I believe we cannot use it.

Thanks. Should I link the other pics to your message wall when I do them?

It was the Mk7 doing said feat so Cyber Wars seems appropriate.

Damn but it counts as Extended Universe

It's fine, I can just grab it off the page.

Ok.

Probably optional equipment, in this case. They're essentially non-humanoid Cybermen with poison.

Yeah, I think Cybermen have some inside them to upgrade enemies on the fly. Also, they can be used to resurrect fallen allies/repair themselves.

Have the accepted revisions been applied yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back