• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Current Carnage

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the marvel comics currently, Carnage has the grendel symbiote attached to him and he has a cult, can manipulate people with his symbiote. Should we edit Carnage's profile to fit this new version?

But he's doing it with the Grendel Symbiote, not the Classic Carnage one.

He should get a new Key at least, not get the Classic Carnage one updated with Grendel's abilities. But that's just me.

It is probably better to wait until the upcoming Carnage event to see what statistics that he should have.

Carnage would likely recieve a new key with this as being merged with Grendel would give him quite a few new abilities but i agree with Ant that we should hold off a bit

Speaking of current Carnage's abilities, why is his Regenerationn rating set as High?

I think he's lost his weakness to heat with the Grendel symbiote merged with the classic Carnage symbiote in a recent issue (because why not, he's already lost his sound weakness), might be important to consider.

BloodStalker500 said:
I think he's lost his weakness to heat with the Grendel symbiote merged with the classic Carnage symbiote in a recent issue (because why not, he's already lost his sound weakness), might be important to consider.
Grendel was never weak to sound to begin with. But yeah. Grendel should be the only symbiote to have High Regenerationn IMO (he did no-sell energy compared to a nuclear bomb with it).

Migue79 said:
BloodStalker500 said:
Grendel was never weak to sound to begin with. But yeah. Grendel should be the only symbiote to have High Regenerationn IMO (he did no-sell energy compared to a nuclear bomb with it).
I was referring to Carnage - before ever interacting with the Grendel - trading his weakness to sound in exchange for one to Cthonic magic by the Darkhold (a magic that is exclusive to the Marvel multiverse, so irrelevant most of the time). Now, with the Grendel merged with the original Carnage symbiote, he's now apparently immune to heat as well since literal hell fire was laughed off like a joke (before, he barely kinda-sort-of survived re-entry). Stats-wise he should easily be > his "base" self from before.

I don't want to jump to the conclusion that he is immune to heat already (as the storyline is barely getting started and that there are anti-feats), but he's definitely much more resistant to it. So, we're on the same page that Carnage with the new symbiote is more powerful than with the Classic Carnage one.

Hmm... And considering the strength difference chain suggested by Marvel (Grendel > Toxin > Carnage > etc.), I think the tier for Carnage's new key should be close to borderline 7-C (unless Carnage's base is getting downgraded to 8-A as well, considering there has been the talk about downgrading Marvel Street level characters).

Carnage might beat up some 4-B characters during the upcoming event for all that we know.

BloodStalker500 said:
The Grendel symbiote hasn't merged with the "classic" Carnage symbiote. Cletus's portion of his original symbiote died in Web of Venom: Carnage Bor.

BloodStalker500 said:
Migue79 said:
BloodStalker500 said:
I was referring to Carnage - before ever interacting with the Grendel - trading his weakness to sound in exchange for one to Cthonic magic by the Darkhold (a magic that is exclusive to the Marvel multiverse, so irrelevant most of the time). Now, with the Grendel merged with the original Carnage symbiote, he's now apparently immune to heat as well since literal hell fire was laughed off like a joke (before, he barely kinda-sort-of survived re-entry). Stats-wise he should easily be > his "base" self from before.
Considering the Darkhold is an expy of the Necronomicon and is even written in H.P. Lovecraft's eldritch language, it's easy to extrapolate he'd be vulnerable to Cthulhu Mythos magic in general.

Migue79 said:
I don't want to jump to the conclusion that he is immune to heat already (as the storyline is barely getting started and that there are anti-feats), but he's definitely [much more resistant to it]. So, we're on the same page that Carnage with the new symbiote is more powerful than with the Classic Carnage one.
Hmm... And considering the strength difference chain suggested by Marvel (Grendel > Toxin > Carnage > etc.), I think the tier for Carnage's new key should be close to borderline 7-C (unless Carnage's base is getting downgraded to 8-A as well, considering there has been the talk about downgrading Marvel Street level characters).
Err... the image you linked to is of Anti-Venom, not Dark Carnage (what Marvel is calling Cletus + the Grendel symbiote).

Arawn 999 said:
BloodStalker500 said:
The Grendel symbiote hasn't merged with the "classic" Carnage symbiote. Cletus's portion of his original symbiote died in Web of Venom: Carnage Born.
It got incinerated completely due to re-entry, right?

Should we close this thread and wait for 5 months or so until the event is over and done with?

Considering it has been agreed to wait, the purpose of this thread has been fulfilled and it can be closed.

But I feel like people would want to discuss this matter and Absolute/Dark Carnage more. For this, I have created a separate thread in the General Discussion in case fans (or people in general) want to discuss it.

Here it is: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3354125

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back