• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Culexus: Heretics Die Twice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this it?

Is this the one?

There's only one way to find out.

We've come far.

You're an almost unbreakable wall.

Frankly, I've gained a sort of respect for you.

Hopefully, this can end now, and be put behind us.

What do you mean some drunk guy's beating him by hitting him with a semi-trick?!

Rules: Speed Equalized. This is Late Game 8-C Wolf vs one Culexus Assassin.

Youngwolf
CulexusRenderNoRock
The Underdog: 1 (Paul Frank)
The Strongest: 1 (Mr. Bambu)

Inconclusive:

This is the Culexus we're talking about. I don't think there's a character below High 1-B they can't kill in some way.

There really isn't any way I saw on the page for him to put down wolf. He wouldn't know this though so he would touch wolf and kill him, Wolf would then stand up and stab him in the back

Would Cuelexus be able to know that Sekiro stands back up from the dead behind him and stabs him in the back while practically invisible

Yeeeeeeah, I guess. I'd rather stick to Tier 9 fights, so don't count me for anything. I'm just looking for ideas with somebody.

Wolf doesn't really have any abilities that'd need to get nulled, he just has equipment. So as far as the Warp-presence thing we're looking at a headache for Wolf.

Stealth wise, Culexus is practically invisible IIRC. He takes that even though Wolf's own ability to detect people isn't bad (leagues ahead of other assassins such as the Lone Swordsman). That said, it does say "Warp-Based perception" on their profile, which Wolf's is not, so take that for what you will.

Skill wise... I find this to be less of a gap than suggested. Assassins in warhammer have the moon-shot thing, and that's pretty ******* awesome, but frankly it was in no small way helped by immensely superior tech. If it comes down to a hands-on fight, I'd argue Culexus takes it, but not to the point where Wolf can't attack/hit.

Ability wise, they're about even. AFAIK the soul-destroying touch would kill Wolf, assuredly. However, normal beating him to death won't purely due to the Divine Heir's Blood.

In my eyes, Culexus will just soul-rip before Wolf manages to take them down. Culexus' other abilities don't hurt (going intangible and stuff).

I'll say this much. The Culexus' stealth and invisibly is really good. Not only can't they be sensed by psychic, magic and spiritual means, their negative aura also confuses and stops most mechanical equipment from picking them up.

One Culexus snuck through an entire bunker of Tau, basically walking right in front of them and the only thing that said it was there was the growing feeling of paranoia and fear that proceeded it. It's presence even stalled out several A.I. drones.

One question, is the Mortal Blade magic or spiritual in anyway?

In theory, yeah. Unlike the Souls protags, Wolf isn't literally losing his soul every time he dies, so there's not really any reasoning for him to be able to survive without a soul.

Also thinking about it, Isshin has a mortal blade when you fight him, so does Genichiro so shouldn't Wolf get resistance to regen and immortality negation since you can still resurrect from it.

Gameplay wise kinda, but in one of the endings he kills himself with the Mortal blade.

The moon shot isn't the most important bit. It's more just the sheer amount that Assassins can process and react to and how they consistently are way better than even the best and brightest (non named) space marines, who can have hundreds or even thousands of years worth of combat experience.

Soul breaking should actually kill wolf here, since he's not like the dark souls dudes where they just walk around with 0 souls indefinitely.

yeah like I said, Wolf has no showings of surviving a soul rip. I dunno if they'd open with it but it'd certainly kill him whenever they use it. And... to be fair, Wolf was better than the dragons who all seemed pretty damned ancient to me.

Its not soul rip though, its soul destruction ovo

Anyway if he cant survive Soul Destruction than Culexus wins via boop.

It should scale to any of the bosses after Owl's bossfight as once you pass him you reach the endgame. Also, I'm a tad iffy on 7-B for any of the Shura ending bosses.

Any boss pre-Owl should be 8-C with Genchiro possibly getting 7-B environmental destruction.

Also, side note, but can someone explain to me how Isshin and Sword Saint Isshin work? Are they the same person, and if so how did SS Isshin pop out of Genchiro?

hey until we get Sekiro attack potency sorted out I'm gonna close this since he may or may not keep 8-C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back