• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really, given even in-verse it doesn't nullify everything that's above scientific capability (correct me if I'm wrong, Wok).

Alright lets save the "what does and doesnt count as part of Verse Equalized" stuff until Wok gets back since he went to sleep.

Also the whole "Culexus Null nulls supernatural things with Verse Equalised" comes from what Woki told me.

(Obviously the way he said it makes more sense and sounds better though)

I mean, the profile itself says psychic, reality warping, or magic. Nothing Machamp has is any of those.

The thing is those three things are what most hax are considered apart of within WH40k iirc.

Anyway ill wait and let Woki explain it (since he can mush better then I can).

Off topic, but I love how of all threads that gain traction, this one between a random Pokémon and a random WH40K character gets responded to.

Machamp gets a headache that makes his movements less accurate. The Culexus makes his soul die.

Idk about foresight being nulled, but my issue was that stuff that can normally see invisible things (witchsight, machinery) can't see CAs.

Anyways, this is the way I see it.

Skill: probably dependent on the specific assassin, as knowing every single martial art with any sort of proficiency is more ridiculous than it sounds. As such, I'll assume equal.

Abilities: Machamp isn't really haxxed. While that means that he doesn't get destroyed by the passives and probably (?) can survive the Animus Speculum, it does mean he's just fighting off of skill and physical superiority alone, and I'm not entirely sold on his invisibility revealing move. The Culexus meanwhile, while far infeiror physically, has the means to instakill as well, is probably invisible, and has a disorienting and painful presence to help them out.

Mindset: This is what I feel is the biggest decisive factor for the victory of the culexus, right now. Machamp has no way of knowing a culexus can kill him with a touch. The mental stuff would let him know they're dangerous, but I doubt Machamp would jump to that conclusion. Meanwhile, the Culexus, like all the other types, isn't gonna try to tank a hit knowledge or not. This goes even moreso for culexusesz who are used to fighting way outside their tier.

PaChi2 said:
Machamp gets a headache that makes his movements less accurate. The Culexus makes his soul die.
^

This. Apparently and from what I hear, even regular humans already suffer from this while a Culexus is actively restricting themselves or smth just by them being around. While Machamp isn't really haxxed it definitely knows more supernatural stuff than any regular human out there so it will suffer from this same effect or a somewhat stronger one. And if Culexus needs just a touch it compensates for the AP.

Man it sure is nice to have quotes saved on your computer, making proof easy

The helm is only partially effective at muffling the Assassin's null-presence, even when operating at full power; most people can barely stand to be in the same room as the wearer due to the nauseous, head-spinning effect that is the trademark of a Culexus Assassin's presence. When it is switched off altogether, the mayhem that ensues is terrifying to behold. Victims in close proximity may flee in wild-eyed terror, or freeze in place, hyperventilating and shaking uncontrollably. Others collapse, clutching their heads as bloody froth oozes from tearducts and gaping mouths. Psykers scream in horror as their connection to the Warp is severed, the Assassin's powers snuffing out their own like the flame of a candle.
~ Dataslate: Officio Assassinorum​

There's also this:

"That thing really is an unparalleled witch-killer; it fights with a ferocity I envy and a fervour that I admire. Still, it's a pity how frequently I need to replace the Acolytes assigned to watch over it. You'd think one would have gotten used to the thing before going mad by now."

- Inquisitor Havelock Blackheel

On to what I actually think of the matchup: I think that the Culexus wins.

Given the level of stealth that the Assassin posseses, it's highly detable if Machamp can see through it, given that the Culexus is can't really be percieved by conventional senses, mechanical sensors or psychic/aracane means.

Even if Machamp can, he's still being bombarded by the Culexu's aura which will cause all kinds of havoc on Machamp's mind. In addition, blasts from the Animus Speculum will also serve to fry Machamp's brain. Psyk-out grenades also basically render Machamp a sitting duck and allows the Culexus to move in and kill the pokemon unopposed.

Simply put, the Culexus has more than enough to throw Machamp off his game and never let the pokemon even bring his might to bear in the first place.

@Woki With Verse Equalization would Machamp be "Supernatural" enough to be effected by the stats reduction?

Cause if Machamp where effected by it this fight is a stomp.

Eh. I think Machamp is more skilled of a fighter but I do see the points for Culexus. Change my vote to Assassin FRA.

Culexus FRA.

Culexus - 6 (Xtas, Psycho, Bambu, C2, Wok, Dargoo, Fate)

Tell meh if I miscounted.

To answer psycho's question, Machamp isn't gonna be affected in the same way a psyker or daemon would be.

Do you mean the Stats Reduction? If so it would still be lowered and not make the AP difference as much (Machamp would still likley one shot though).

No the stats reduction shouldn't really do anything, considering Machamp is just a really strong dude as opposed to someone like Alakazam who'd get super wrecked by it. If its working, it has reduced stuff prpbabpr around low 5-B to "the strength of a newborn", remember. It's kinda where the old AP rating was from.

Wokistan said:
No the stats reduction shouldn't really do anything, considering Machamp is just a really strong dude as opposed to someone like Alakazam who'd get super wrecked by it. If its working, it has reduced stuff prpbabpr around low 5-B to "the strength of a newborn", remember. It's kinda where the old AP rating was from.
Ah ok.

So

Grace occurred

And we shall now wait the 24 hours

Grace done, i'll close

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back