• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

CTR Fairy Tail

Status
Not open for further replies.
This CTR is to talk about how magic power exists in nature, and not just the "Nature Energy" from Naruto which just permeates along the atmosphere and earth.

Magic is a "part of Nature"

Sure, since Chapter 2, it has been stated that when the Natural energy and Spiritual energy come together to form what is "Magic", but there is more to that, such as when Edolas was losing it's magic, it has been stated by Mystogen that the magic energy leaving will be assimilated to Earthland, becoming another "Part of Nature".

• "Part of Nature": Which is defined as the phenomena of the physical world, and also to life in general. It ranges in scale from the subatomic to the cosmic. And with what I have found, would apply to these areas, for there is magic in most parts of any form of life, environment, physics, etc..
  • First is scale, Ethernanos are described as particles, which are very small things that cannot be seen by the human eye, and with significant enough magic power, can break down people to their smallest components, this backs it up as when magic is made from ethernanos clump together, big enough to be see. And for Cosmic, well that would involve how the concept of time generates magic power, or how the Space(s) between Time are described as concepts as well which possess magic power on their own. And with another significant magic power was going to reset Time itself.
  • Magic power exists even places that are not originated on Earthland, such as even natural light, where Fairy Glitter is described as utilizing the light of the Sun, Moon, and Stars. So Magic Power would exists as natural occurring light
  • Even Magic Power that exists in the Earth, which when Azuma was using it, it is depicted as heat-based Magic, whereas energy that exists in real earth is heat based too, as "Geo-Thermal Energy".
  • There are several instances where natural phenomenon does occur even between magics, other magics, and/or the environment around them, such as Natsu's body heat rising, causing a natural updraft of air, Laxus' lightning behaving like real lightning with how it comes from cloud to ground, vice versa, and even be attracted by lightning rods, Gajeel achieving steel with mixing carbon and his iro, even eating air, Wendy cause people's breathing to be harder for others as the air becomes thi.
  • Even regular matter would possess magic power as well, going back to Azuma would is able to create explosions from wood that is not connected to the earth and makes up a ship , as well as when Natsu used up his Magic Powers, he had to eat fire to replenish his magic power and stamina, even in the atmosphere where ethernanos reside too , and Wendy eats it.
  • Even in a world with limited magic, Magic power exists in the Atmosphere and Earth too,ranging across the planet.)
  • Now I know what you are thinking, Franmalth should have sucked up the magic power in the Rock that crushed him, but that is not how it works, his curse does not work like that, it only sucks up the souls of living beings, spiritual beings, and "Magic" itself.
  • I know it is said already but I wish to bring it up as one's magic is intertwined with their life force, and also how one's mental state is a key to using it.
  • Even Magic such as Archive is liken to that of real world internet, as it utilizes data, compresses it and transfers it at great speeds, it even doesn't utilize Magic Power, just data to give information and knowledge so others can learn to use magic spells.

Magic Power in Physical attacks

Now, People are going to ask "Didn't the Manga depict a difference in Physical and Magical Attacks?" I was convinced they were different at first too, but there were a few things that stood out to me:

• First, with Obra, that little imp form the GMG Arc, during the MPF Test, it is stated that he never used any Magic for the test. and the imp used a shoulder charge, and the MPF still showed a number, that would mean that even physical attacks have magic power behind it.
  • Second, within the Edolas Arc, we see in the beginning, how Natsu and Wendy were unable to use magic right? Yet they should not have any problem with regular Edolas Soldiers, despite having magic weapons or a big Frog without them, yet in the end, they did not defeat anything, not even the soldiers. "NOT, A, SINGLE, ONE, NO!"
  • Even Natsu was shown to have super physical strength without any using his magic while he could not take care of a big frog and soldiers.
Magic within one's body

This section is for the affects one one's body (not the radiation kind which is in the section below)

• Where with a couple examples such as inheriting magic from birth or their parents, Ultear inheriting her mother's Ice Rose spell, or Erza using magic for the first time without even learning it, and even Shagot passed on her powers to her daughter Carla.
  • And with Mirajane, stating that with her Satan Soul, it require demonic Genes to use, even so, this shows that magic power does exist in one's genes too.
  • And there have been cases where magic does effect the human body, such as turning people into dragons, taking on the qualities of a drago that they are some sort of hybrid, changing one's physical appearance, turning people into a tree, etc..
  • Even without magic power, life is still considered magic as proof of Erza being pulled back into her world by the Anima which take all magic out of their world.
  • Even non wizards, their life force is still part of the magic power as they were accumulated with the wizards too.
  • And with living in different worlds, depending on who is involved, the species cannot survive there particularly for Celestial Spirits and Humans , as living in each others worlds would sap away their magic/life force until they die.
  • As for the characteristics of an individual's magic, there are cases such as Jose's magic makes people feel sick to their stomach, Makarov's magic has a warm and comforting feeling, Even with a split Personality, the stronger one (Zero) possesses magic that feels Creepy, Hades' Nemesis are created souls with magic that breeds only despair. Even when being bathed in a type of magic can give off a presence akin to another person.
  • And there is the case of when feeling hunger, and to eat, even actually eating magic serves as the same supplement for food. And Natsu from beginning of the series that eating one's own magic would be the same thing for wizards that are non-Slayer types.
  • Even there are cases where when Magic was being drained from the victim entirely and violently, it would lead to the victim in the process of dying if not restored of their magic, or even succumbed to a disease that would kill them in the end .
  • And with the case of dying, having their life ripped from them would be reflected in their magic, such as with Mavis (With an immortal body) had her life taken by Zeref's death curse, but was not dead as there was a "faint" trace of magic inside her, "Faint" being the word as in if life and magic are not connected then how can magic be effected when life was taken away?
  • Even a sliver of an individual's soul can still have a significant portion of magic power.
  • Even after death, Magic can be taken from individuals or magic power be transferred after hundreds of years.
Magic Power is Radiation Base

Now, there are plenty of examples of where Magic can cause harmful affects to the body like radiation does, such as high concentration of magic power or excessive over usage of magic:

• Such as Etherion, which is Fusion Based Process, and that after the explosion, the materials(Ethernanos) left behind is hazardous and contaminates the body.
  • Even from Moonlight/magic energy which is described when focused to cause harmful effects on the body (small or otherwise), and moonlight does possess radiation, as it requires no obstruction of it's light and refracts off of refractive material, and melts ice like actual focused light does.
  • When Magic is overused to an extreme degree, one can grow a Malignant Tumor that would end up killing the perso .
  • Even being born with too much magic power can cause individuals to become sick.
  • Even in high concentrations outside of Etherion's fusion is still harmful to living things that they cannot survive i.
Final Synopsis

• So, just for clarification, this is for any feat that would involve explosions, it doesn't need to be halved as they are radiation based.
  • For Other examples I may have missed I can explain them later.
  • If confused, just ask.

I think I agree with that

Gotta do a CRT talking about Irene's OU, Assault Wahl's Etherion, Dragon Slayer Priority Spells, and the Brandish quote have enough Magic power to Destroy Countries

Want to help with this?

Sure thing, I actually did calcs for some of those, especially how Wall's Etherion is Nuclear Fusion base, and Irene's U1 is physical change.

Irene is a charming high and can add her Magical power to the ground, that's exactly what she did with UO

And Irene could just make her Magical power explode like in the fight against Erza and Wendy.

Same thing with Azuma, he had control over all of Tenrou Island's magical power and could make the Island explode

We've gone over Irene's Universe One, Wall's Etherion, and Brandish's Country destroying feats, none of them are usuable

As for the Radiation = Magic, I'm not sure about that

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
We've gone over Irene's Universe One, Wall's Etherion, and Brandish's Country destroying feats, none of them are usuable
Irene's Universe 1 is physical destruction as we can see causing phyical destruction to the very earth during the process of reconstruction, especially with multiple buildings destroyed or warped , and you can see as the land was changing small specs of dirt breaking off into the air. The only hax was the teleportation.

and Wall's Etherion is considered Nuclear Fusion espeically with the material being radioactive by nature.

Rin The Dragon Empress said:
Size manipulation is a hax, it's not something you can really debate since that's just wiki rules.
Size manipulation relates to Mass Manipulation, which the manga makes a clear difference as Compression magic just physically compresses things.

DemonGodMitchAubin said:

I'm not talking exactly about UO. I'm talking about her being able to add her power to things and make him explode

Brandish's quote is that she has enough MAGIC POWER to destroy countries. She doesn't say she needs to change the mass for that.

Brandish statement isn't something that can be taken seriously. It's not confirmed if it translates into actual destruction of the country itself or in a destroying the army sense. Also her magic negates durability, how's about we stop suggesting Brandi is 6-B? There's a similar statement in One Piece about Gol D Roger but it isn't taken to heart.

Well, it would make sense for her to actually effect countries since effecting an army would require little effort, especially comparing it to Wall's Nuclear Fusion feats.

Your still using an assumption for a vague statement that isn't to be taken seriously to begin with. Also Wall's nuclear fusion feat was hardcore rejected by Donttalk himself in the past, it's not something you can use.

He only rejected it because he did not know that magic is an isotope which it is by the evidence that I have posted here. In fact, I will ask him about it

1. Universe One reverses completely after Irene Dies proving that the damage to the country was purely magical

2. There's no way to calc Wall's Etherion as said by Don'Ttalk

3. Brandish's Quote is that Countries Vanish not get destroyed, meaning she shrunk them

I feel like we've been over this 50 times, Alvarez Arc is fine, X784 is where we need to fix things

I did, which light which is also magic contaminates the body, even material from Etherion is hazardous on consumption and causes contamination of the body when bathed in it, and even over usage causes cancer.

1. Universe one does not completely reverse as there is still destruction around that was not there before. and even then, the Magic is reconstruction, which comes after destruction.

2. I will talk to him about it as he just had issues about the material being an isotope iirc.

3. Which she should still equate to.

actually Vanish would relate to evaporate, dematerialize, dissolve, melt, all the related qualities,and besides, her powers shrink to basically it is gone, nonexistant.

and magic power does determine strength, even with Hax magic, since MPF confirms this

Brandish stated that her magic makes things shrink till they are gone/nonexistant, which would still make it the same as dematerializing something, without form.

it is a synanom to to being gone, which is no longer in existence, without form and Vanish is synanomous with evaporate, melt away, etc., which is still related to mass manipulation, even so, it still requires strength to accomplish these feats. and when we get to Wall's attacks, it would clear things up.

• Bring a formula for shrinking something.
  • Bring a formula for erasing something from existence.
  • Bring a formula for deconstructing something.

well, we can get the energy needed for compression strength of the volume of Fiore for Irene's U1, I would say evaporation is more for Brandish, but since we do not have a visioal representation, we would have to go by Wall's Nuclear fusion feat.

Has Irene already added Her Magical power to the ground and blown, it up that would prevent her from doing the same thing when she was going to do the UO ? Same thing with Azuma with the control of the magical power of all Tenrou Island

Received 2432333030324737
"BRANDISH, THE COUNTRY DEMOLIDATOR. IT IS NOT AFFECTING FIGHT, BUT IT HAS A MAGICAL POWER SUCH THAT CAN Annihilate COUNTRIES."

Well, it is likely the very reason we would not get any moon level characters or above, as that would cause all sorts of problems

CNBA3 said:
I did, which light which is also magic contaminates the body, even material from Etherion is hazardous on consumption and causes contamination of the body when bathed in it, and even over usage causes cancer.
From what I understand Magic Power in Fairy Tail is similar to Senjutsu from Naruto where in Naruto the consequence of taking in too much natural energy causes one to petrify while in Fairy Tail taking in too much raw Ethernano or prolonged exposure to Magic Power can cause poisoning (Natsu), comatose state (Jellal), amnesia (The island inhabitants) and magical tumors (stated by Porlyusica and possibly seen on Jellal).

I'm neutral on your proposed "Magic is Radiation" CRT.

With Senjutsu, it is just energy that exists in the earth and atmosphere, while with magic, it exists in more than just those two, such as natural light, elements, living beings, etc. Where as real light does have radiation, including moonlight

CNBA3 said:
With Senjutsu, it is just energy that exists in the earth and atmosphere, while with magic, it exists in more than just those two, such as natural light, elements, living beings, etc. Where as real light does have radiation, including moonlight
From my understanding, Ethernano or natural energy is found naturally in most or in all things, while Magic Power is what the mixture of both natural energy and spiritual energy is, which is shown to behave differently in some cases compared to its natural counterpart

Ex. Sting's Light\Holy Magic isn't comparable to natural light because it bends and explodes (can't recall if it really did that, memory's hazy).

Ex. No. 2 Laxus' LD Magic is comparable to natural lightning due to its effects and it has shown cloud to ground lightning.

Edit: IIRC it was staded that only a small percentage of people can use magic, but it was also shown in the Edolas arc that the whole of Magnolia town (or was it just the guild) was converted into lacrima along with the people (civilians and mages). Thoughts or am I just spouting nonsense.

OneBleachHurricane said:
CNBA3 said:
From my understanding, Ethernano or natural energy is found naturally in most or in all things, while Magic Power is what the mixture of both natural energy and spiritual energy is, which is shown to behave differently in some cases compared to its natural counterpart
Ex. Sting's Light\Holy Magic isn't comparable to natural light because it bends and explodes (can't recall if it really did that, memory's hazy).

Ex. No. 2 Laxus' LD Magic is comparable to natural lightning due to its effects and it has shown cloud to ground lightning.
Sting makes a distinction between Light and White as two separate things, even the kanji with the hiragana literally translates to "physically perceived light", and since there are sustances in the atmosphere that is not normally there, which it can bend or curve via gradiant refraction, and his laser pierces, not explode.

you also speak true as magic is tied to their life force and they did state that the lacrima contains the life force of the towns people as well

Okay, well I do believe your notion that Ethernano exists in everything due to the Edolas arc showing that an entire town and its populace (civilians and mages) can be converted into lacrima.

Magic being life Force is directly debunked in Edolas. Erza said to Edo Erza that even if they had no magic they were still alive.

Edolas Operates on different rules than that of Earthland and EL wizards have to obey it's rules which they cannot use magic, which makes them no different than that of Edolas people, plus Erza took something that utilizes magic differently from how Earthland wizards use magic in their world. besides there have been cases where wizards have died due to massive magic loss or usage.

Ethernano is found in all things and is within all living things in Earthland, but that doesn't mean it's radiation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back