• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So Kiryu hears about a man in armour has come to his city and is causing a ruckus, he goes to see it and it leads to a fight.

Speed is equalised. Crusader is early game at 9-A, Kiryu has a katana. Win via any means, standard battle assumptions. (Hope I do not regret this)

Holy Warrior - 0

Dragon of Dojima - 0

Inconclusive - 0

From what I can tell, Crusader takes this relatively handily.

Despite an apparent AP advantage on Kiryu's side by a considerable degree (he is 9-A+ to Crusader's 14 kg of TNT), Crusader has most other advantages, including stat amp and healing. I'm told Kiryu does not, apparently, count as unholy.

Voting Crusader for now.

I mean

If you say so. My vote still leans barely to Crusader.

Dude,Kiryu is>Majima>Saejima=114 kg of Tnt,he one shoots.

Not only that but he can also amp his speed with rush style special ability and become unable to get knocked out for a minute with his Dragon Style limit break.

"Unholy" isn't even based on morality in Darkest Dungeon, it's more just against undead.

Pretty sure Kiryu is missing stat amps on his profile. I seem to remember he can do so with Rush Style.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Axl233 said:
Dude,Kiryu is>Majima>Saejima=114 kg of Tnt,he one shoots.

Not only that but he can also amp his speed with rush style special ability and become unable to get Knowles out for a minute with his Dragon Style limit break.

9-A is the biggest smallest tier once again

Should he get a Stat Amp on his page, then?

Also... where is the 114 kg of TNT calc/that isn't one-shot to my knowledge. Not inherently.

DMUA said:
"Unholy" isn't even based on morality in Darkest Dungeon, it's more just against undead.
These profiles should probably specify that Kiryu has stat amp (and link to calc) and Crusader's damage amp works only on undead

ffs

Kiryu FRA I guess via profiles being not whole.

Mr. Bambu said:
and Crusader's damage amp works only on undead
.... I could have sworn that's what I put on the profile

WTF the fork

Wait what

They never accepted one end or the other

So they could equally scale to the low-end at 13.33 kg of TNT.

Which is lower than Crusader's AP.

Somebody explain this to me.

And yet another versus thread turns into a CRT

I swear Darkest Dungeon has profile manipulation

Axl233 said:
Btw,why he is not 8C dint he have a calc were he tanked a 1 ton explosion?
Not at the epicenter. The further away from the center of a blast you are, the less energy you require to tank. For example, Goomba from Mario tanked an 8-B explosion, but even under the assumption it was from relatively close range it only amounted to 9-A.

Yeah,but he was not that far of the epicenter and if someone recalced that it would probaly be higher then 9A.

I would doubt it. At point blank, tanking an explosion is very, very impressive. Upon going even a meter away from that epicenter? The intensity is now going through 12.5 square meters of surface area, to the average human's 0.65 surface area.

Explosion feats have a way of quickly becoming not impressive.

For example. Let's say a 50 tons blast lands a meter from you, and you tank it. That'd be a solid 8-B feat, right?

...except that blast is now divided by 12.57 per square meter at that range. So now it's only 3.98 tons of TNT.

...except a human's surface area is generally only 0.65 by our standards IIRC. On one side, at least. So multiply the remaining 3.98 tons by 0.65 to get 2.59 tons of TNT for the character tanking what was originally a 50 ton blast.

So that would mean that if we use the math that 1 Ton feat would be 51 kg of tnt for Kiryu instead,well R.I.P.

Possibly. We'd need the distance. Even an extra half meter makes it a fair shot lower.

Back