• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Urban Jungle, Match 4: Kazuma Kiryu vs The Joker

TOURNAMENT MATCH CONDITIONS:
  • The match takes place in a city specified by the organizer
  • Characters will start outside the city and are given two days to prepare with limited information on the other's capabilities (appearance, dangerous abilities, immortalities, etc.) They will also be given full access to information about anything they can use within the city. After 48 hours, they must enter the city and confront each other at a landmark of OP's choice.​
  • Characters will be given their optional equipment along with their preparation​
  • The characters have a week to achieve victory​
  • Victory is achieved under what is defined by SBA
    • Additionally, any characters outside the chosen city will be considered removed from the battlefield and will be given one week to return before they're declared the loser of the match.​
  • Any further accommodations for unique abilities will be decided as the tournament gathers more participants​
  • In tandem with the above, rules will be adjusted accordingly as well​
  • Last but most importantly, anything within the city can be used to the character's advantage (e.g. a character can run to a nearby zoo to use its animals, a character can run to the nearby power plant for energy, etc.), so research is highly encouraged if you want to know what's available to your submission!​

The Joker - 0.36 tons
Kazuma Kiryu - 0.34 tons

Both will confront each other in Brasília, Brazil at Feira dos Importados
photo0jpg.jpg

Alright, how does Joker normally fight in combat? Especially with the given conditions.
Set up explosives and gas traps in various places with different triggers and baits. In a direct fight? Probably start with his gun.

If he does get defeated, he might try to use his Social Influencing to try and get his opponent's guard down and then hit them with the Joy Buzzer

Also for skill, he fought Batman and his crew

Set up explosives and gas traps in various places with different triggers and baits. In a direct fight? Probably start with his gun.

If he does get defeated, he might try to use his Social Influencing to try and get his opponent's guard down and then hit them with the Joy Buzzer

Also for skill, he fought Batman and his crew
I'll respond later for the other points, as I'm busy right now, but Kiryu should be able to counter Jokers gun with the "Komaki Shot Stopper". He should also be able to deal a great amount of damage with stuff like "Extreme Heat Mode" and "Dragon Spirit".

Also, how will speed equalization work here?

Assuming Joker starts with gunplay Kiryu can dodge, use shot stopper and his amps and just Tiger Drop Joker right in the chest. What skill feats can be drum up for Joker? Cause Kiryu can fodder the Amon clan on the regular, the world's greatest clan of assassins that mastered all forms of combat, plus he can solo 100 thugs without even breathing too hard.

Last edited:
Assuming Joker starts with gunplay Kiryu can dodge, use shot stopper and his amps and just Tiger Drop Joker right in the chest. What skill feats can be drum up for Joker? Cause Kiryu can fodder the Amon clan on the regular, the world's greatest clan of assassins that mastered all forms of combat, plus he can solo 100 thugs without even breathing too hard.
Yet he still looses to the Obatarian

Let's wait for the DC Comics Supporters to get over here

I don't think Jokers can do anything against a combat master, he may outsmart him in another way.
How is the intelligence of that person?

Are you talking about general intelligence or combat intelligence? Cause Kiryu has silly feats like learning new techniques and even entire fighting styles just by watching random shit on the street

Plus, how the hell Joker with 3 days of prep and knowledge doesn't just nukes the place when Kiryu shows up?not doing that would be ooc.

Wait saw the OP, nevermind then I guess Kiryu just dies here. Kiryu is in a land far from Japan and doesn't really have any feats of using prep time for things. If there was no prep time though Joker would get Tiger Dropped the instant the fight started though but hey ho

Eh Joker FRA I guess, not sure if this can be added though given that Joker just kinda frags the whole place soon as the fight technically starts tho lol

Wait, how is joker winning? What is the condition of preparation time in this match?

Plus, how the hell Joker with 3 days of prep and knowledge doesn't just nukes the place when Kiryu shows up?not doing that would be ooc.
Hold up, you should read the rules again. I said they prep outside the city, they cannot prep in the place of battle.

Hold up, you should read the rules again. I said they prep outside the city, they cannot prep in the place of battle.
Oh really? Interesting. Hopefully people respond here again and read this. If that's the case, what can joke get for himself in 3 days? Hopefully not Haruka, or else Joker is getting the Shibusawa/Iwami treatment.

Probably just gets a whole bunch of joker gas canisters made and a load of explosives I guess? Limited info probably won't be enough to make Joker realise Haruka is a thing prolly. Idk what Kiryu would do if he had 3 days, probably just trains with Majima and Komaki and stocks up on weapons and healing items I guess

Probably just gets a whole bunch of joker gas canisters made and a load of explosives I guess? Limited info probably won't be enough to make Joker realise Haruka is a thing prolly. Idk what Kiryu would do if he had 3 days, probably just trains with Majima and Komaki and stocks up on weapons and healing items I guess
Haruka thing was a joke about her constantly getting kidnapped

Had Kiryu shown anything about traversing around toxic gasses or anything? Not sure if he's allowed to get items like the Heavenly Beasts bracelet, and even then, would that even help?

There is nothing in Yakuza as far as i remember that comes close as the joker venom, plus if joker cannot set bombs in the place he could nuke it from afar as well.Not even bringing the fact that fought bats many times someone who is leagues above Kiryu in skill.

Back