• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cruelty Squad Regen Downgrade

The_Impress

She/Her
VS Battles
Retired

The Protagonist essentially gets his regen from an in-verse explanation of respawning, where the character regenerates offscreen and re-attempts the mission. This has to be an OVERTIME regeneration, since the entire level resets and effectively forgets you were even there, implying a significant passage of time.

As such the High-Mid regen should be listed as overtime.

Played the game before, and... it's kinda weird.
The level doesn't actually forget you were there in the first place, as some civilians will start running away from you and guards will more quickly try to kill you after a respawn. It would probably still be overtime, as the corpses you've left behind just vanish.

Sure, there is still a blatant passage of time implied that dispels the regen being instant :v

Actually, there's a level in CS (Idiot Party) that's implied to take place only once per year:

"It's that time again. The elites from all over the world gather at the Rothenburg Fortress and wear their stupid rubber suits and masks. Don't you think it would be really funny if you went there and killed them all? Just ****** them up completely. Imagine their faces behind those masks if you gored their high priest right in front of them. Oh my god. You should really do it don't you think? I mean why not. It would really make your day. They're automatons. They have no souls. Think about it."

You could argue the thing lasts more than one day but it's referred to as a party-type thing so I would doubt it:

"They’ve really outdone themselves with this years ball."
"Can’t wait for the party to really start."

So it's probably faster than that. Now there's another level that's a fast-paced assault on your house but respawning in that one requires a bit of abstraction to work under any context, so that's secondary

Last edited:
I'm against using the apartment raid as an example, unless you want to argue that the landlord has multiple identical siblings that will talk about how they called the cops on you for not paying rent.

I'm against using the apartment raid as an example, unless you want to argue that the landlord has multiple identical siblings that will talk about how they called the cops on you for not paying rent.
I mean I don't think the assassinations are permanent, they're just a way to send a message to people since everyone (or at least everyone that's rich) has access to reconstructive tech (notably all NPCs in the House level, which is inhabited by people who reject most technology, have permadeath, as do a few other NPCs). Which is why you can do assassinations over again, I assume.

Still this is secondary

Last edited:
Actually, after replaying the game a few more times and checking its lore a bit more in-depth, I feel like there would need to be a bigger and more complicated CRT that explains how immortality in Cruelty Squad works and how MT Foxtrot has a fuckton of stuff that makes him unkillable (ridiculously high regen included). IIRC it's heavily implied that the surgery that gives you the DEATH health bar actually turns the protagonist into a zombie.

Back