• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cruelty Squad Revision - I really wanted to come up with a witty title but all I could think of was "It's Crueltin' Time", sorry

Armorchompy

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
Nothin' too big, just a lot of minor additions to John Cruelty. Profile's not bad, I just have a few nitpicks.

PROFILE NAME​

Now in some other game forgotten by god and man alike Cruelty Joe appears under the name of MT Foxtrot. This is a reference to the common fan nickname "Empty ****". This leaves us three viable options:
  • The Safe Option: We keep the name "The Protagonist" as "MT Foxtrot" is a code-name assigned to him by an association that doesn't exist in CS itself.
  • The Technical Option: We go with MT Foxtrot as it is the closest thing we have to a canonical name.
  • The Based Option: empty ****
Vote for the third, it would be funny. Also something something it's a canonized fan name something something don't care

POWERS & ABILITIES​

Just some minor stuff : )

By himself=​

• Damage Reduction: As implied by the fact that the weakest purchasable armor type is the CSIJ Level II Body Armor and that equipping the Extravagant Suit ("Only for special occasions. Offers zero protection.") causes you to get one-shot, the protagonist is seemingly by default wearing body armor. Given BA shaves off a percentage of damage in CS, pretty straightforward DR. DN.
  • Stealth Mastery: Game's got pretty prominent stealth elements, 'nuff said.
  • Acrobatics: Wall jumps lol
  • Fragrance Manipulation and Poison Manipulation: The toilet in the protagonist's home, just like any other, releases a lethal gas cloud when destroyed. (Only scan I could find was from a mod showcase unfortunately but I don't think this specific clip is actually affected by that. Also yes I'm giving him P&A via pooping)
  • Self-Destruction: Upon dying, the protagonist explodes and emits a cloud of the same gas. So yeah I guess it wasn't just pooping P&A I lied.
  • Self-Sustenance (Type 1): Can swim underwater indefinitely.
  • Immortality (Type 2) and Regeneration (Low-Mid): Skull Gun: "A little bit of stuff is scooped out of the skull to make a better fit." The Skull Gun also inflicts damage while firing which implies it's either draining brain juice or damaging the brain with its recoil. This is quickly undone when the item is unequipped which would give the protag combat applicable regen.
  • That said I'd like the over-time stuff to be removed because of the reasons I gave in this thread which kinda died out so um um ummm : )
  • Resistance to Poison Manipulation: NPCs in Alpine Hospitality have a chance of saying "Thank god the fleshrats haven't reached here yet. I was in the hospital for a week after getting bit by one. Nasty." In comparison, getting bitten by one only makes you lose some health, then you're fine. The Flushing Biological Systems text that comes up implies this works by purging their body of the poison so this would also be Body Control
  • Resistance to Biological Manipulation: The boss in Cruelty Squad Headquarters wields a Parasonic C3 DNA Scrambler, which normally instantly transforms those it hits into globs of flesh. Meanwhile, it takes them about ten shots to transform you, and even then you're still capable of moving around a bit.
  • Resistance to Sleep Manipulation and Empathic Manipulation: ZZzzz Special Sedative Grenade: "Not in production anymore after most of the first batch ended up on the illegal drug market. Highly sought after for its capacity to induce euphoria that is said to be unlike anything else." Has no effect on the player.
  • Minor Resistance to Acid Manipulation: Can withstand exposure to the Riot Pacifier's gas for longer than civilians. Mostly reliant on the player having more HP, you're in no way immune to it, but it is still a bit of a resist.

With weapons=​

• Acid Manipulation: Riot Pacifier "Fires a grenade filled with corrosive gas. Eats through almost everything."
  • Radiation Manipulation addition: Stern AWS 3000 "The AWS 3000 uses a special sabot round with a 30 cm long depleted uranium penetrator.". Parasonic MP-1 Nailer "Fires ultra high velocity deplete uranium nails from a high-capacity helical magazine." The AMG4 also seemingly uses depleted uranium bullets given the radiation symbol on its side and that its ammo is called "7.6251 DU"
  • Smoke Manipulation: Can release clouds of corrosive/radioactive gas with the Riot Pacifier and Bolt ACR.
  • Explosion Manipulation: With Security Systems Anti-Armor Device.
  • Life Manipulation and Absorption: Security Systems Cerebral Bore: "For energy it sucks some life force out of the user. Neat huh?"
  • Corruption: Parasonic C3 DNA Scrambler; "High value targets often have immediate access to body reconstruction services and as such it has become a popular choice to mangle their genetic makeup beyond all repair with a hi-tech weapon like the Parasonic C3."
  • Fire Manipulation: With the RPO-80 Sanitization System
  • Empowerment: The ZKZ Transactional Rifle gains power the higher the user's stock holdings are.

With implants/equipment=​

• Enhanced Damage Reduction: See same ability in "By himself". Bouncy Suit also qualifies
  • Enhanced Senses: Zoom n Go Bionic Eyes improve aim and allow to see further when aiming.
  • Cyborgization and Bodily Weaponry: With Skull Gun.
  • Reality Warping: With the Eyes of Corporate Hindsight honestly I have no idea what you'd rate them as, some have suggested Law Manip? Maybe Time Manip? Open to suggestion lol. I think Abominator also qualifies: "Creates a reality bubble where the unbearable weight of Life is reversed."
  • Minor Illusion Negation: The Holy Scope allows one to see and pass through a normally impassable fake wallliterally everyone does it by changing their resolution instead I couldn't find anyone doing it with the HS.
  • Statistics Amplification addition: Flowerchute increases intelligence: "Works as a parachute and augments cognitive skills.". Also various things increase speed or jumping height.
  • Healing Addition: First Aid Kit.
  • Camouflage: With Military Camouflage, as well as Stealth Suit.
  • Elasticity: With Bouncy Suit and Grappendix.
  • Addition to Adhesive Manipulation: Goo Overdrive is a more notable example I think.
  • Organic Manipulation: Various Implants see the protagonist squirting around all manners of bodily fluids.
  • Fragrance Manipulation: Similarly various Implants see the protagonist carrying a very unpleasant odor.
  • Body Control: Various Implants install new functions in the recipient's body, allowing them to perform previously impossible actions.
  • Curse Manipulation: Cursed Torch, lol

Second key P&A​

The Protagonist's end-game key doesn't have any P&A associated with it. I'm not fully sure what he'd get since it's so abstract but Spatial Manipulation for unmaking the universe, obviously. Slap Reality Warping in there too, I guess.

STATS​

• Attack speed should become Subsonic to Supersonic. For the lower end, "Uses special 10mm subsonic ammunition for extremely silent operation. Popular among high-end private security and wetworks services, as well as tactical wannabes." (Parasonic D2 Silenced Pistol, rocket launchers are also Subsonic). For the higher end the gun that inspired the Stern AWS 3000 would have a muzzle speed of 1450 m/s which is Supersonic+.
  • Higher LS with Augmented Arms
  • Higher Speed with a bunch of stuff
  • Higher SS with Alien Leg Wetware
  • Higher Durability in Power In Misery and with armor.

Second Key Stats.​

Again minor, I don't disagree with High 3-A/Low 2-C but the key is lacking a speed and LS section. I'm also not fully sure if Abraxas and the HQ Target would scale to this, while it's true Abraxas' ending might be interpreted as a universal feat of its own I think that's too vague to judge even by CS standards, the way I originally interpreted it was the protagonist entering a sort of anti-enlightenment state, and the world "appearing" different may just be the reflection of their different view of the world. Given the lines "BUT YOU LACK KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING. YOU WILL BE TRAPPED FOREVER. THE PAST IS EVER-PRESENT. THE SUN SMILES AT YOU WITH ETERNAL MALICE." I'm not sure anything changed at all in the world around him (The Sun may represent Abraxas, given that it turns into his face on Hope Eradicated. The Cursed Torch's description also may hint at that). There's also the fact that this ending may not scale to their stats and just be ED in the first place even if legitimate

I don't think this actually reflects on Joe Squad's own stats since the Trauma Loop ending is perfectly fine in my eyes, and it should scale to his physicals given it's done by "picking up" the universe and "peeling" it. In fact, I think this would be an Infinite/Immeasurable LS feat. But given Trauma Loop is framed as an ascension of sort I don't think it'd scale to the game's bosses. They don't have profiles yet, so this is academic, really.

I'm open to debate on all of this though.

OTHER​

Big boy tabber for equipment section : )

Last edited:
For my choice for the profile name, the based option, always.

For the regeneration, are you planning to change it to just low-mid? or smthn like 'Low-Mid, High-Mid Overtime'?

everything else looks fine.

For the regeneration, are you planning to change it to just low-mid? or smthn like 'Low-Mid, High-Mid Overtime'?
Overtime or just Low-Mid, eventually High-Mid if we accept that it may take less than 24 hours.

Hey, it's me. Did I wake you up from your depression nap? Heard you've been in a rough spot since your discharge from the SEC Powerscaling Unit. There's not much a ****** up detached loser like you can do after all. I've got good news for you regarding your employment status. It's the sort of work that you enjoy but you'll have to adjust to a more corporate mindset. I've created you an account on VSBattles Wiki forum so you can begin whenever you want. I assume you already own some suitable shitposts. One last thing, you'll have to log at least fifteen minutes a day on my calc blogs. We need your mind primed and clear. No wanking. Understand? That should be all. Good luck on your new career path.
PROFILE NAME
Since most people don't know of Freak Shit's other aliases, I think if we choose MT Foxtrot or some other name we should make it so people who type "protagonist uhh cruelty squad ehehehe" get redirected to his page if we do go with a different name. As for what I'd choose, I don't really care about what option is choosed, but I'm fine with the current name we use for his page.
Self-Sustenance (Type 1): Can swim underwater indefinitely.
Considering the video cuts off while he's still underwater, it's possible the guy recording just decided to swim up for whatever reason and then continue the recording the moment he went under again. I'm not against type 1 Self-Sustenance, since I literally know that John Cruelty can swim underwater indefinitely, but the only "evidence" we have is that me, you, and Wasp have actually played the game and know that John Cruelty has that ability.
By himself, weapons, implants
Everything here is good. As for the Eyes of Corporate Insight, checking what it actually does, it seems more like Limited Time Manipulation since the only thing it does is speed up the stock market (obviously im kidding this is actually Summoning since he is summoning the spirits of the Bogdanoff brothers to mess with cryptobros once more DEEP CRUELTY SQUAD LORE).

Second key P&A​

The Protagonist's end-game key doesn't have any P&A associated with it. I'm not fully sure what he'd get since it's so abstract but Spatial Manipulation for unmaking the universe, obviously. Slap Reality Warping in there too, I guess.
Yea sure.
Higher LS with Augmented Arms
I don't think we really need to slap a higher rating with this. We know the best feat he shows with Augmented Arms is that he's capable of picking up heavily armored opponents that he's downed and that he can kill a ************ by just throwing a potted plant really hard at them.
Everything else here is good too.

Second Key Stats.​

I know Wasp is going to make a profile for Abraxas and explain why he scales to it. Besides that, I agree with the extra stuff.

Solid OP as usual, now back to shitposting.

**** CHUNKOPOP OWNERS. WHY? THEY WORSHIP THE TRUE DEMIURGE, ABRAXAS. **** YOU, TAKE YOUR SEVERED DIVINE LIGHT AND SHOW IT UP YOUR ASS, CHOMP.
I HATE THE ANTI-CHRIST AND I LOVE SLURPCOOOREEE!!!
61wHCRH8YXS._AC_SY741_.jpg

AiSUOhY.png

Acephale1.gif

Hey, it's me. Did I wake you up from your depression nap? Heard you've been in a rough spot since your discharge from the SEC Powerscaling Unit. There's not much a ****** up detached loser like you can do after all. I've got good news for you regarding your employment status. It's the sort of work that you enjoy but you'll have to adjust to a more corporate mindset. I've created you an account on VSBattles Wiki forum so you can begin whenever you want. I assume you already own some suitable shitposts. One last thing, you'll have to log at least fifteen minutes a day on my calc blogs. We need your mind primed and clear. No wanking. Understand? That should be all. Good luck on your new career path.

Considering the video cuts off while he's still underwater, it's possible the guy recording just decided to swim up for whatever reason and then continue the recording the moment he went under again. I'm not against type 1 Self-Sustenance, since I literally know that John Cruelty can swim underwater indefinitely, but the only "evidence" we have is that me, you, and Wasp have actually played the game and know that John Cruelty has that ability.
I'll look for a better scan but I think this suffices, it's just support for a pretty simple thing after all.
Everything here is good. As for the Eyes of Corporate Insight, checking what it actually does, it seems more like Limited Time Manipulation since the only thing it does is speed up the stock market (obviously im kidding this is actually Summoning since he is summoning the spirits of the Bogdanoff brothers to mess with cryptobros once more DEEP CRUELTY SQUAD LORE).
Maybe yeah also very true
I don't think we really need to slap a higher rating with this. We know the best feat he shows with Augmented Arms is that he's capable of picking up heavily armored opponents that he's downed and that he can kill a ************ by just throwing a potted plant really hard at them.
I mean it augments his arms, I think assuming that his LS is higher is pretty self-evident with that
**** CHUNKOPOP OWNERS. WHY? THEY WORSHIP THE TRUE DEMIURGE, ABRAXAS. **** YOU, TAKE YOUR SEVERED DIVINE LIGHT AND SHOW IT UP YOUR ASS, CHOMP.
I HATE THE ANTI-CHRIST AND I LOVE SLURPCOOOREEE!!!
61wHCRH8YXS._AC_SY741_.jpg

AiSUOhY.png

Acephale1.gif
sanest vs battles user

i edited all the implants to add quotes yesterday and i reworded most of them to feel professional but i just couldn't remove that yknow

do you think we can just apply this or something idk i mean all supporters agreed

How many vehicular mastery users use their vehicles for combat? Exactly, atheists, try to debunk that.

Think Gravity Manipulation should be limited considering John Cruelty is the only one affected by the Abominator.

This is just like Gorbino's Quest. This is the Gorbino's Quest of VSBattles Content Revision threads.

I see no reason not to apply these changes. I've played through Cruelty Squad myself and I can confirm that Johnny Cruelty/empty ****/Freak Shit (now you've done it)/M.T. Foxtrot has access to all of these weapons when it's cruelin' time. Despite this, I do have one, fatal objection:

The toilet: Despite my status as an honorary Cruelty Squad virtuoso, I don't agree that John Cruelty should get poison manipulation/fragrance manipulation via his home toilet. I think it's just a silly little gag feat. I don't think foxtrot ever took a shit to kill his enemies.
Not sure about the "gas on death" thing either. Those don't look like gas particles, those are explosion particles; other explosions in the game use green particle effects. Maybe I'm wrong though, would have to test it in Miner's Miracles since you get to shoot yourself in that map (with a sniper).

Otherwise, I agree with the changes to the powers & abilities section for the first key. I've got no clue about the secondary key since I'm not Cruelty Squad mega fan #1, thus not making me not a true Cruelty Squad.

Not sure about the "gas on death" thing either. Those don't look like gas particles, those are explosion particles; other explosions in the game use green particle effects. Maybe I'm wrong though, would have to test it in Miner's Miracles since you get to shoot yourself in that map (with a sniper).
It's because when Mister Cruelty self-destructs, it looks similar to the self-destruct of the Knifer enemies, as green smoke or whatever comes out of him and gibs nearby enemies.

It's because when Mister Cruelty self-destructs, it looks similar to the self-destruct of the Knifer enemies, as green smoke or whatever comes out of him and gibs nearby enemies.
I've tested it in Miner's Miracle and it's an incredibly brief cloud of smoke. I'd say that it's a literal explosion; I placed a body next to Cruelty Squad employee (Cruelty Squad) and the ******* thing just gibbed all the way across the map. Imgur link.
First image: John cruelty before being shot. Corpse is next to him.
Second image: Freak shit's death explosion utterly erases the body (it turns into shitty bitty itty giblets and launched all the way across the body). Playermodel is still there (pretend he exploded).

Explosions work a lot more like this since they have the extra knockback added to them. If you shoot some random NPC with a rocket launcher, every body part they have will turn into a pinball that ricochets across the entire map. The gas from toilets gibs enemies, but doesn't throw them around.

This is just like Gorbino's Quest. This is the Gorbino's Quest of VSBattles Content Revision threads.

I see no reason not to apply these changes. I've played through Cruelty Squad myself and I can confirm that Johnny Cruelty/empty ****/Freak Shit (now you've done it)/M.T. Foxtrot has access to all of these weapons when it's cruelin' time. Despite this, I do have one, fatal objection:

The toilet: Despite my status as an honorary Cruelty Squad virtuoso, I don't agree that John Cruelty should get poison manipulation/fragrance manipulation via his home toilet. I think it's just a silly little gag feat. I don't think foxtrot ever took a shit to kill his enemies.
I can like 85% confirm it's gas cause I went and died on purpose on one stage and i kept hearing enemy death noises as they ran up to me for a while

I've tested it in Miner's Miracle and it's an incredibly brief cloud of smoke. I'd say that it's a literal explosion; I placed a body next to Cruelty Squad employee (Cruelty Squad) and the ******* thing just gibbed all the way across the map. Imgur link.
First image: John cruelty before being shot. Corpse is next to him.
Second image: Freak shit's death explosion utterly erases the body (it turns into shitty bitty itty giblets and launched all the way across the body). Playermodel is still there (pretend he exploded).

Explosions work a lot more like this since they have the extra knockback added to them. If you shoot some random NPC with a rocket launcher, every body part they have will turn into a pinball that ricochets across the entire map. The gas from toilets gibs enemies, but doesn't throw them around.
ah idk then i'll just do self destruction

toilet stuff though i feel like still counts even if it's not usable for combat at all

ouch

It's only like, 50% memeing tbh, the gas clouds are a joke but they gotta come out of somewhere, I guess you can argue it may be something built in the toilets themselves and as such not scale back to humans even though that ruins the whole joke

Back