• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

CRT for Mikoto Misaka and Hasami Hitokawa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Title is pretty self-explanatory.

For Misaka, I would like to add Martial Arts (labeled as "decent street fighter" or smth to that effect), supported by pages 11-14 of chapter 122 of Railgun manga and possibly something more, if this is not enough. All other Toaru delinquents have this in their powerset.
https://gwfe0z8wy9r9p.y5xsvhnvcvwf4.********.network:44300/zlC08Ct4BhYRRVTz8XE89AJbRTUuqiVlLwK6SvBNX5cP6xvsK4i7Eb1E1Yf2EwTdYjAGvZiBjlfcQDuAj_JD-tirZvaMvVbLJ5LSQsla31YYlje9tMdF02iM2l7JLrY83kXUfwOg1c60c6z5iwwKlx1WY2Qa1tRIFhmNjrKCIXe2dGhqiNMAeLfGXneHDEk68pRZVsK2lTZEC7Q12zJKTzvGeFAu/data-saver/333375ae21fc3f1b971ad09a08222dda/h11.jpg
https://gwfe0z8wy9r9p.y5xsvhnvcvwf4.********.network:44300/zlC08Ct4BhYRRVTz8XE89AJbRTUuqiVlLwK6SvBNX5cP6xvsK4i7Eb1E1Yf2EwTdYjAGvZiBjlfcQDuAj_JD-tirZvaMvVbLJ5LSQsla31YYlje9tMdF02iM2l7JLrY83kXUfwOg1c60c6z5iwwKlx1WY2Qa1tRIFhmNjrKCIXe2dGhqiNMAeLfGXneHDEk68pRZVsK2lTZEC7Q12zJKTzvGeFAu/data-saver/333375ae21fc3f1b971ad09a08222dda/h12.jpg
https://gwfe0z8wy9r9p.y5xsvhnvcvwf4.********.network:44300/zlC08Ct4BhYRRVTz8XE89AJbRTUuqiVlLwK6SvBNX5cP6xvsK4i7Eb1E1Yf2EwTdYjAGvZiBjlfcQDuAj_JD-tirZvaMvVbLJ5LSQsla31YYlje9tMdF02iM2l7JLrY83kXUfwOg1c60c6z5iwwKlx1WY2Qa1tRIFhmNjrKCIXe2dGhqiNMAeLfGXneHDEk68pRZVsK2lTZEC7Q12zJKTzvGeFAu/data-saver/333375ae21fc3f1b971ad09a08222dda/h13.jpg
https://gwfe0z8wy9r9p.y5xsvhnvcvwf4.********.network:44300/zlC08Ct4BhYRRVTz8XE89AJbRTUuqiVlLwK6SvBNX5cP6xvsK4i7Eb1E1Yf2EwTdYjAGvZiBjlfcQDuAj_JD-tirZvaMvVbLJ5LSQsla31YYlje9tMdF02iM2l7JLrY83kXUfwOg1c60c6z5iwwKlx1WY2Qa1tRIFhmNjrKCIXe2dGhqiNMAeLfGXneHDEk68pRZVsK2lTZEC7Q12zJKTzvGeFAu/data-saver/333375ae21fc3f1b971ad09a08222dda/h14.jpg

For Hitokawa, I would like to merge her profile with her coffin's profile, adding it either as a second iteration or as a second key - not sure which one is more appropriate for the situation.

Last edited:
Saying all delinquents have it in their powerset is not quite true. It's really just the low-level esper delinquents, as the high-level one don't need to fight physically. Take Umidori for instance.
The panels are more interesting. Honestly, it's relatively weak evidence, but I guess that she managed to get a hit in against someone that supposedly is a decent, but untrained, fighter is enough to at least give her the rank of having "basic street fighting abilities".

(Btw. I think for legal and practical reasons you're technically not supposed to link entire chapter on manga sides, but instead upload the relevant pages to the wiki or another image hosting service.)

For the coffin thing... I'm not saying one couldn't do that, but personally I prefer it the way it is. Hitokawa isn't controlling the coffin, but her corpse is merely used as a building part in it. It's similar to how all Rensa's are Rensa regardless of who's brain currently is used. Or also Ladybird for that matter.
I just think it makes more sense to put it in the list of Coffin profiles than to equate it to be a form of Hitokawa.

Saying all delinquents have it in their powerset is not quite true. It's really just the low-level esper delinquents, as the high-level one don't need to fight physically. Take Umidori for instance.
I don't think Dark Side hitwoman counts as a delinquent.
The panels are more interesting. Honestly, it's relatively weak evidence, but I guess that she managed to get a hit in against someone that supposedly is a decent, but untrained, fighter is enough to at least give her the rank of having "basic street fighting abilities".
Well, time to dig up in the novels then (I think there was some more hand-to-hand with Misaka in one of the side stories).
(Btw. I think for legal and practical reasons you're technically not supposed to link entire chapter on manga sides, but instead upload the relevant pages to the wiki or another image hosting service.)
Link removed, I will send images later.
For the coffin thing... I'm not saying one couldn't do that, but personally I prefer it the way it is. Hitokawa isn't controlling the coffin, but her corpse is merely used as a building part in it. It's similar to how all Rensa's are Rensa regardless of who's brain currently is used. Or also Ladybird for that matter.
I just think it makes more sense to put it in the list of Coffin profiles than to equate it to be a form of Hitokawa.
It's not like she's controlling the Hutou form either. Both versions are just her corpse desacrated in different ways with different powersets.

She is an undead made from the corpse and residual thoughts of Hitokawa Hasami. One could say that technically we need to call the page Hitokawa Hasami (Undead), but for our purposes it's easier to refer to her as Hitokawa Hasami as we don't know the living one anyways. It is as much herself as we are going to get.

Anyways, the Coffin is a machine with her as a building part. If you remove her it could still function and only loose the function said building part was for i.e. the esper ability. The coffin is a machine with her as an add-on, not her with the coffin as extra parts.
So I remain at my position.

She is an undead made from the corpse and residual thoughts of Hitokawa Hasami. One could say that technically we need to call the page Hitokawa Hasami (Undead), but for our purposes it's easier to refer to her as Hitokawa Hasami as we don't know the living one anyways. It is as much herself as we are going to get.
Or we can just call her Huotou, like Esther does throughout the entire arc.

After checking, CQC in Railgun SS2 has only combat speed feat, while CQC in Railgun SS3 has only dura feat. So, let's stop at "basic street fighting abilities".

Added the martial arts.
On the other thing I'm fine going with whatever the majority prefers.

Well, there's only the two of us here, so it's 50/50 on how to call that profile.
Shotouts only work for staff members, right?

I agree with merging the profiles if everyone else also does. Seems pretty minor, and both profiles are basically her corpse being used as a puppet with magic involved in some way.

I also agree with listing Mikoto's hand-to-hand fighting skills as basic. Given her powers it doesn't come up a lot, but she didn't do great against Frenda when she thought she couldn't use her power, and Railgun SS3 confirms it's not really one of her better skills. From Chapter 5:
Mikoto had experience with back-alley fights.

But that was only while using her powers. If she had to fight a pure martial arts match in a square ring with weight and all other factors made equal, she would be unable to rise very far in the ranks.

I'm going to take this in general as feedback in favour of merging them.
So, go ahead and do that and once done tell me here. I will turn the duplicate page into a redirect then.

Ok. Seems everything in this thread was applied then. So I will close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back