• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it may have to be the same reason Dissidia got shot down. Too many characters scaling to Low 2-C.

HA. We argued further and Glass said "Do what you want". I think Ever was also leaning on yes as well. So I think it's good. Ask Dragonmaster though, he's the main supporter in Under Night.

She's clearly superior to people who are 2-A in BB canon and constantly has feat of it.

System is designed to observe Boundary itself, which is an infinite expanse beyond multiverse's time and space, which not even Ragna with True BlazBlue could do.

There is technically a shitshow with the scaling since Jin, Kokonoe, Tager and fodder like Makoto would possibly be more powerful than Amaterasu

No, but fodder characters suddenly being stronger than the god tiers of the verse with no explanation is ridiculous

I honestly don't care what you all do with BBTAG tbh. I will remain neutral. What happens happens.

Also yeah, we should revise speed for System.

Rachel explained in Japanese version that System will PI the Boundary then advance to another universe. This is likely the same shit that happens to canon BB, which you need to cross Boundary. Boundary is a dimension beyond space and time as stated by Raquel. She's also scaled above Amaterasu so she shouldn't far below her. She also talked with people across all of time all at once, like the time isn't linear to her. She is also created Phantom Field while in neither of 4 space-time continuums, not to mention Phantom Field has always created within Boundary.

I think this is enough for Likely Immeasurable speed.

Just saying, if you guys do this, then it will be fair to add Smash profiles for participating characters.

We need to establish why this is ok and doesn't mess with scaling and the likes just in case people have any arguments against this.

Reading the crossover page which you guys also should do here. It specifically mentions NOT to scale from canon feats/tiers, i.e System XX should not scale to canon Master Unit etc this extends to hax aswell

I don't know why we don't scale System to Amaterasu. BBTAG took place in BB and there are so, SO many references to Blazblue characters and abilities that showed up in canonical series. Not to mention the story is done by Mori himself.

It literally doesn't matter if it was made by Mori himself or Daisuke, because its a crossover series that is obviously non canon. MvC and other crossovers scale from their own feats and so should BBtag

So, how are the crossover versions of those characters anywhere near major enough to get their own profiles? Because otherwise they are in no way different from other crossovers. Which we generally forbid making profiles for.

@Saikou Its an entirely different storyline, essentially a new verse, with its own feats

Unless you want to try to get rid of all the other crossover characters who are nowhere near as major but that we allow here

Having a storyline doesn't mean we should allow the characters.Smash has not one, but two entirely different storylines. Yet we don't allow them (outside of a few examples that should have been deleted some time ago anyway).

WeeklyBattles said:
Unless you want to try to get rid of all the other crossover characters who are nowhere near as major but that we allow here
Like what? If you wanna mention SMT Dante, then he actually plays a role in the game's story (even though it's basically "a MacGuffin carrier").

Btw, we might as well start making Marvel vs Capcom profiles, while we're at it.

LightinAnt said:
It literally doesn't matter if it was made by Mori himself or Daisuke, because its a crossover series that is obviously non canon. MvC and other crossovers scale from their own feats and so should BBtag
Azure was treated as same shit. So does Boundary. So does Power of Order. So does Power of the Eye. So does Azure Grimoire. So does Susano'o Unit. So does Phantom Field. They use literally 100% same terminology as the canon one. I don't see why we don't scale System to Azure and stuff.

ShiroyashaGinSan said:
LightinAnt said:
Azure was treated as same shit. So does Boundary. So does Power of Order. So does Power of the Eye. So does Azure Grimoire. So does Susano'o Unit. So does Phantom Field. They use literally 100% same terminology as the canon one. I don't see why we don't scale System to Azure and stuff.
Gin you know yourself that Carl or Makoto should no way in hell be 2-A let alone stronger than the master unit

@Saikou Neat, go ahead and try to get them deleted as they have nothing to do with their stories

RWBY and Co actually DO play one of the biggest roles in the BBxTag series

If its non canon then stop scaling to the canon, it doesn't matter if they use the same terminology, feats need to be there

LightinAnt said:
If its non canon then stop scaling to the canon, it doesn't matter if they use the same terminology, feats need to be there
System XX has its own 2-C feats even if you want to completely ignore everything in BlazBlue

I did push for Ryu and Akuma to get deleted, but I didn't work. It doesn't change the fact that two wrongs doesn't make a right.

Again, importance to the story doesn't matter. It's not what defines if we should allow a character or not. The issue is that those would just be the same character except stronger.

They use the same terminology, they just doesn't exist. Okay, we won't scale her to Master Unit but she should scale to true Azure. She doesn't scale to a character, she scale to a power that is 2-A.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
I did push for Ryu and Akuma to get deleted, but I didn't work. It doesn't change the fact that two wrongs doesn't make a right.
Again, importance to the story doesn't matter. It's not what defines if we should allow a character or not. The issue is that those would just be the same character except stronger.
No? They'll get resistances, even abilities like Ragna getting Space-time Manipulation. They are different, they are not just buffed.

Not gonna lie, Kratos having a Shovel Knight profile cracked me up.

But yeah, we should clean up this mess and define which crossover profiles are acceptable and which are not.

Seeing as verses like BBxTag have their own set of feats i see no reason why theyre not allowed when Soul Calibur and Mortal Kombat crossovers are

I personally believe guest characters in SB and MK should be removed as well. From my knowledge they're just thrown in there, with no relevance to these games' story whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back