• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Crisis on Infinite Earths (CW) Official Discussion Thread

Like everyone I haven't watched the Flash in ages, but today I got bored and decided to read his Arrowverse Wiki page, we probably should add another key for Season 7 and 8 to his profile. From what I understand he went through multiple amps and moved faster than a blatantly light speed character.

Almost all CW pages need a serious edit, the Low 7-B tier dates back to Supergirl season 1 or 2, it's honestly urgent at this point. And yeah, as one of the only people here who have watched the series a bit (read, went on YT to watch reaction videos), Flash went through several amps

I can't find respect threads for the later seasons online, but he'll at least be "At least FTL" if no better feats. From a quick Google ScreenRant also said he could run at Mach 20 without the assistance of the Speed Force, maybe that's worth adding.

Also I think I might propose to just count all speed feats for the Flash (since we still have a few that are currently decided to be "outliers" for no reason) and just put a note on his profile saying that he is extremely inconsistent since there's honestly not much reason to selectively choose a certain level of his feats

I think that's a good solution honestly (especially since the inconsistencies are getting stronger and stronger with this series), though it unfortunately doesn't solve the tiering problem with the other profiles, wich again need some serious editing (too bad the proposition of this summer never went that far)

I mean a show like this is kinda inherently inconsistent even in the supposedly better early seasons because the format of the show is in a 20+ episode style with a lot of filler yet it doesn't make much sense for a speedster to deal with filler problems so they have to dumb him down to fight street criminals

This is why short 6-episode series for superheroes have become the new trend. Long seasons work for people like Daredevil (and even the Netflix seasons aren't that long and are kinda a 13-hour movie) but not powerful ones like Wanda or Loki.

It's honestly just part of the problem. Outside of the speedster aspect, the plot has become more and more stupid in many ways (Season 7 was honestly incredibly hard to go through, almost as hard as Arrow season 4). Earlier seasons were better at handling that, not just because of powerful villains but because even street-like criminals were not entirely dumb and could actually be good planners (and also because Barry wasn't at his peak). Recent seasons have him "failling" just because it focuses more on the emotional part than the super heroic part, the writers are invoking the power of love and friendship and are forced to behave like a villain stopping in the middle of the battle to gloat, it's not a super hero series anymore, it's a sitcom. Armageddon was a bit better because Despero was a credible threat but even then it had some stupidities (like Joe ranting how the team should save Thawne from getting erased from existence (again) because "gOoD gUYs DOn'T kIll")

Yeah that is true. My point more so applies to the CW as a whole, the CW has always had filler and cringy moments, it's just that we are able to ignore these flaws in the early seasons because the plot is believable and fun. Can't say that for the later seasons though.

Yep, Arrow was better at this precisely because the characters are mostly humans. Part of the reason Season 4 is the worst (aside from Felicity) is that the bad guy could have ended things in seconds, otherwise the show was still good. Kind of sad honestly

Gotta say Superman and Lois definitely has the best or at least most interesting character dynamics and relationships out of any CW shows in general like they genuinely get you to care about the side characters and people of the Smallville. I just caught up with the rest of the episode's of season 2 and it's genuinely just great stuff

Binged the first two seasons of Arrow, they were amazing. While I'm not going to pretend they are masterpieces it truly revolutionized the way we make superhero television, kinda like the Nolanverse of TV, and I can enjoy it for what it is in spite of the long seasons and melodrama.

Btw do y'all prefer Season 1 or Season 2? Seems like I'm in the minority that thinks the first season is the greatest.

S&L Superman would need a different profile.

What'd he do?
Mind you ofc that with his Solar Flares Superman releases thr amount of energy the sun does in a second

So anyways he's already got his solar cell reserves drained multiple times by the main villain who used his powers they absorbed to literally merge 2 universes together that's been the main crux of this season the merging of the bizzaro universe and the one Superman and Lois takes place in mind you this merging is almost complete as well

Our Superman is able to one dip into the sun and withstand it burning him for a while while directly making contact with it but also eventually overpowers it's heat getting stronger and stronger until he basically has a transformation and gets enough energy withstand the sun's energy and heat and overpowered the main villain entirely who has stomped him entirely on many fights they've had and he managed overtax their absorption then proceeding to show he has the raw power to what looks like either destroy or just outright seperate the bizzaro universe from out own

That's basically the crux of it but there's some more stuff that happens to place plenty of consistency on the feats done and this season has some solid power scaling

Well Ally was in the dimensional space between the universe and was causing them to steadily fuse overtime. They even gave timelimits a couple days and a 12 or so hours. As soon as Ally was stopped the energy they manipulated to merge the two spaces just stopped doing that.

Also consistently and 2-C are two very different things there.

Well Ally was in the dimensional space between the universe and was causing them to steadily fuse overtime. They even gave timelimits a couple days and a 12 or so hours. As soon as Ally was stopped the energy they manipulated to merge the two spaces just stopped doing that.

Also consistently and 2-C are two very different things there.
True but the universe were still plenty merged and he managed to undo what took her all that time with one blow off sun dipping and building up some speed even so at the very least Ally should be above superman is capable normally when she's in her blue eyed state after draining his solar cells a couple of times let alone when she does it fully the like third time so she should at least be 6-A if not superman outright scales physically to withstanding the suns energy output per second enduring then overpowering it's heat in his transformed state and also overpowering and 1 shotting her

Back