• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Create-A-Bot vs Metal Gear REX.

I don't have any idea on who wins, but REX isn't an AI manned weapon- you should clarify who's piloting it, which in canon is Liquid Snake or Old Snake.

Actually, there's gonna be an upgrade to Metal Gears soon, idk if it'll pass but it should upgrade them to 7-B. So hold off on this I'd say.

Wait I was mixing it up a bit, Liquid and Snake are REX's canonical pilots

And yeah it does matter cause Old Snake's version is way faster and more agile

Alright, what does CAB do?
He's more so a Ranged Fighter, but he can throw down in Hand to Hand if he has too. Considering how much of his Play Style is changed depending on who's playing it and what form he's in, it depends on how he does it, but he does fight with Ranged Attacks in character in the cutscenes.

Alright, REX' weaponry is described here, but it's also a mixed fighter. REX has several guns mounted on it, such as multiple miniguns and rotary cannons, homing anti-tank missiles and a large laser. Its Railgun is not used in combat. It also has its Street Fighter software, which lets it emulate traditional martial arts techniques in attacks, it's surprisingly flexible and much less surprisingly devastating.

How does AP compare?

Alright, REX' weaponry is described here, but it's also a mixed fighter. REX has several guns mounted on it, such as multiple miniguns and rotary cannons, homing anti-tank missiles and a large laser. Its Railgun is not used in combat. It also has its Street Fighter software, which lets it emulate traditional martial arts techniques in attacks, it's surprisingly flexible and much less surprisingly devastating.

How does AP compare?
Create-A-Bot is Baseline while REX scales above Raiden's 165 Ton Feat.

Alright, decent advantage for REX, then. Any noteworthy abilities or things that prevent this from being an AP slapfight which REX would likely win?

I feel like C-A-B would start by scanning it since he's never seen a machine like this before, which would basically tell him everything about REX and possibly allow him to transform into REX as well since he gains the form of whatever Vehicle he scans. This process takes about 3 Seconds Maximum.

Alright, decent advantage for REX, then. Any noteworthy abilities or things that prevent this from being an AP slapfight which REX would likely win?
Create-A-Bot has Pretty Decent Regen for the level it's at. As long as he isn't taking direct fire, he can heal pretty quickly from Bullet Wounds and Explosions. He can also Hack into Systems by scanning them. He also has quite a few different Vehicle Forms to choose from including Helicopters and a Fighter Jet so he can fly. He has Homing Attacks in the form of Missiles as well.

Ah, hacking? I mean, that's kind of a game changer, can't he just shut down REX?

Ah, hacking? I mean, that's kind of a game changer, can't he just shut down REX?
He could if he wanted too, but since this is Decepticon Create-A-Bot I feel like he would scan it and then just fight it anyway because he wants to test himself, though I could also see him shutting REX down if he's on his last leg.

How long does the scanning take? Only way I can see for REX to win is if it takes a few seconds of concentration, which CAB might not get if REX manages to get on top of him and starts smashing him up

How long does the scanning take? Only way I can see for REX to win is if it takes a few seconds of concentration, which CAB might not get if REX manages to get on top of him and starts smashing him up
It takes 3 Seconds Maximum, it has the same range as his Weapon and it can't be interrupted unless you knock him off his feet.

Hm, I think that might be fair then, Snake mostly uses Rex' melee attacks unlike Liquid who uses range mostly, so I think if he rushes in he can prevent effective usage of hacking.

Hm, I think that might be fair then, Snake mostly uses Rex' melee attacks unlike Liquid who uses range mostly, so I think if he rushes in he can prevent effective usage of hacking.
Possibly, but even if he did scan him, he probably wouldn't hack into it immediately just so he can test himself against him, which means he would have to scan it again to Hack it but then he would have REX's Schematics and Form in his Arsenal after the first scan.

I mean, knowing how REX works wouldn't help too much. It's got plenty of guns, but they're all fairly simple, and it knows martial arts, which is also fairly evident.

You said CAB would prefer ranged combat, would he try and back up if REX approaches or would he hold his ground and prepare for melee?

I mean, knowing how REX works wouldn't help too much. He's got plenty of guns, but they're all fairly simple, and it knows martial arts, which is also fairly evident.

You said CAB would prefer ranged combat, would he try and back up if REX approaches or would he hold his ground and prepare for melee?
Depends on if he's scanned REX already. If he has, he might stay at Range to keep himself away from REX's Higher Strength. If not, he might stand his ground and initiate Melee Combat.

Well, Snake can probably force him to approach with REX' laser, but fair enough. If they stay far apart I think Snake's best bet is managing to back him into a corner, after all REX can move in basically all directions without any loss in speed and with their size odds are he can force him up against a building or something.

Well, Snake can probably force him to approach with REX' laser, but fair enough. If they stay far apart I think Snake's best bet is managing to back him into a corner, after all REX can move in basically all directions without any loss in speed and with their size odds are he can force him up against a building or something.
I don't the Size Difference is that big, especially with Create-A-Bot's Larger Forms. That and Create-A-Bot can Fly if he's in one of his Helicopter Forms or his Jet Form, plus Create-A-Bot can Scale Surfaces kind of like Spider-Man, so....

Oh, nevermind then. I don't think it's impossible for Snake to corner CAB with superior skill and experience anyway, but it's not too likely. Now, REX can take a lot of damage, but it's definitely losing a ranged war with CAB having regen and hacking, so I think I'll vote CAB

Oh, nevermind then. I don't think it's impossible for Snake to corner CAB with superior skill and experience anyway, but it's not too likely. Now, REX can take a lot of damage, but it's definitely losing a ranged war with CAB having regen and hacking, so I think I'll vote CAB
Alright then.

And now I would like to take my vote back, as I was reminded that MGS4 REX technically doesn't even work, it's just Otacon making it move remotely, and if you try hacking Otacon's Metal Gear Mk II he can try countering the hacking.

And now I would like to take my vote back, as I was reminded that MGS4 REX technically doesn't even work, it's just Otacon making it move remotely, and if you try hacking Otacon's Metal Gear Mk II he can try countering the hacking.
The Hacking wasn't even the big thing C-A-B has going for him, it was just supplementary. The big thing he has going for him is Scanning REX and potentially either Transforming into it or at least knowing what it can and can't do now.

Transforming into REX would be a self-incon since it won't work without Metal Gear Mk II's help, but knowing his abilities is helpful, and even without the hacking I don't think CAB is at a disadvantage in a gunfight, but if Snake decides to use the beam it will do really heavy damage.

Why the **** would he need something else to work REX in Vehicle mode if he doesn't need a Driver/Pilot in his other forms? Also, it would more than likely turn him into REX in it's Prime since he would gain it's Schematics and then go from there. And before you then argue "Then he gets that Shitty Radome Weakness" I really doubt that since all of his Body would be composed of the same material as his Robot Mode.

It's not about pilots, it's about REX being busted. Still, if he'd turn into REX in his prime, I mean, incon it is IG

Back