• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cosmic Fear Garou vs Gojo

Because it is that complex.
Once again, Gojo is just manipulating physics to manipulate space. Something Garou already does with his abilities.

You are expanding it to make it seem like something more, when it really isn't.

Garou has shown he can copy theoretical physics-breaking abilities, as well as complex physics-based phenomena. I believe that's enough.

his opponent will experience all kinds of stimuli and exhaustive information, paralyzing them and eventually causing them to die.
This is extremely vague. Is that all it does?

Once again, Gojo is just manipulating physics to manipulate space. Something Garou already does with his abilities.

You are expanding it to make it seem like something more, when it really isn't.

Garou has shown he can copy theoretical physics-breaking abilities, as well as complex physics-based phenomena. I believe that's enough.
Don't really know what you want me to tell you man.

Don't really know what you want me to tell you man.
I mean, seems like it's just a matter of opinion.

I hold the opinion that Garou should be able to copy it, unless further arguments are provided.

Atm, you guys are just saying it's "Too complex for him." Which seems dumb based on how he's copied so much complex shit instantaneously already.

I mean, seems like it's just a matter of opinion.

I hold the opinion that Garou should be able to copy it, unless further arguments are provided.

Atm, you guys are just saying it's "Too complex for him." Which seems dumb based on how he's copied so much complex shit instantaneously already.
I mean, he's copied black holes and subspace gates, those don't seem to overly complex.

Did you look at the scans on the profile for the ability?

I believe this explains it best, and if not, I can try and give my own insight.

Garou kinda already has knowledge on everything in the universe so idk how this would effect him.

I mean, he's copied black holes and subspace gates, those don't seem to overly complex.
A power that opens up spatial portals capable of instantaneously teleporting you anywhere doesn't seem complex ?

In sci-fi, a subspace/hyperspace is a space-time continuum contained in a finite space that allows FTL travel.

In sci-fi, a subspace/hyperspace is a space-time continuum contained in a finite space that allows FTL travel.
Is it explained like that in OPM tho? I don't remember Blast's Spatial Shit ever being explained in such a manner.

Garou has been shown to copy things that use theoretical physics, like subspace gates from Blast. He can also copy supernatural martial arts and techniques.

Something being impossible or using weird physics shouldn't be out of his reach.
I think cursed energy goes a bit beyond just being vaguely "supernatural". Though the theoretical physics like subspace seems fair?
Could you elaborate? Garou is very intelligent and has cosmic knowledge. Complexity should be the least of his problems imo.
The author clarifies in one of the books that although other people could be born with limitless, no one could ever use it as effectively as Gojo as it requires very precise control of cursed energy, skill, and energy. Thus while they may be able to use some of the basic techniques of limitless, multi-tasking limitless and using its more complex applications would be impossible (Even Gojo had some troubles grasping cursed energy and it was only after a near death experience that he had some weird magical epiphany that gave him the knowledge he needed to master cursed energy)

Gojo's ONLY able to do it because the eyes he were born with essentially give him infinite stamina. Turning techniques that normally consume days and days of stamina and most of a normal curse user's curse energy to an "infinitesimally small" amount of drain.

So the reason it'd be a problem is

1. Cursed energy, and VERY precise control of it at that
2. The drain of it
He's also replicated complex scientific phenomena like black holes, gamma-ray bursts, and nuclear fission, all of which he learned instantly.
I don't quite think they're as complicated. I mean, it was either several theoretical physicists or mathematicians who talked about it in an official interview that had trouble trying to pinpoint exactly how it worked. The author also admitted they had to make up some concepts so they could make an excuse for why something would be impossible irl by real life physics or math. It's a bit tough to explain to someone new. For me anyway.
This is extremely vague. Is that all it does?
To elaborate, it stimulates an opponents brain with infinite information completely immobilizing the opponent as their mind and body is so overwhelmed on processing infinite information that it is incapable of carrying out any action such as moving ones body. The information also eventually kills the opponent if left in the domain too long.

Should clarify, the problem isn't so much the complexity of the theoretical physics itself, but the complexity of using the ability within the energy system itself. The author said pretty much no one can use limitless for the sole fact it requires precise mastery over cursed energy that only someone like Gojo can muster up because of his six eyes.

A power that opens up spatial portals capable of instantaneously teleporting you anywhere doesn't seem complex ?

can Garou copy things he can't see?

there is nothing useful garou can copy on this wiki, no point in asking when it comes to 99% of vs matches
It'd probs be better if people stop putting him against characters without overpowered hax that function on weird esoteric systems or life-energy, etc systems and instead put him against people with explanations that are scientific and are grounded in natural phenomena.

But sadly we don't often get that. 😔

It'd probs be better if people stop putting him against characters without overpowered hax that function on weird esoteric systems or life-energy, etc systems and instead put him against people with explanations that are scientific and are grounded in natural phenomena.

But sadly we don't often get that. 😔
I'm gonna take a guess that most Garou matches end up with either he doesn't copy and dies, or he copies and stomps?

I'm gonna take a guess that most Garou matches end up with either he doesn't copy and dies, or he copies and stomps?
Precisely. He's had quite a few where he wasn't able to copy the abilities due to it being outside of the realm of "natural phenomena" resulting in a sad L for him, or gets boring matches where he stomps/no-diffs.

So Garou has no wincons then, ok.
He could blow up the planet and wait for Gojo to die after an extended period of time. BFR'ing him would also work, but he'd need to catch Gojo to begin with which could be tough with Gojo being able to teleport It's possible that may not work though if they need to cover a distance to seal someone away since Gojo can expand his infinity

I don't think either are likely at all though.

Blowing up the planet isn't an starting move for Garou at all, like at best maybe he would consider it if he got desperate enough but the match won't last that long.

Blowing up the planet isn't an starting move for Garou at all, like at best maybe he would consider it if he got desperate enough but the match won't last that long.
Hence why I didn't believe the win-con to be likely at all. Doubly so if my theory of Gojo's reverse cursed technique healing is true.

So what are we thinking? Stomp or decisive Gojo win
I think decisive. Boardering stomp.

Garou's win-con is blowing up Earth and waiting for Gojo to asphyxiate. It's just VERY unlikely for that to happen (Well, unlikely to happen before Gojo just Domain Expansion information negs him).

Back