• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cosmic Fear Garou vs Gojo

Leaning on Gojo.

But doesn't Garou fully understand the flow of the entire universe? Would the domain expansion work on him if it's essentially trying to overload him with information?

He understands the flow of energy of all phenomena in the universe. Which means, he still has things he doesn't know, it's strictly limited to scientific/universal phenomena. Which means, he still has things he doesn't know.

He would need some form of Omniscience to circumvent having his brain overloaded with infinite information.
Oh sick.

Gonna vote Gojo unless for some reason he doesn't open with that. Out of all people Gojo beating this Garou is a welcome surprise.

He understands the flow of energy of all phenomena in the universe. Which means, he still has things he doesn't know, it's strictly limited to scientific/universal phenomena. Which means, he still has things he doesn't know.

He would need some form of Omniscience to circumvent having his brain overloaded with infinite information.
to be specific he has knowledge of "behaviour of all forces" and "flow of all energy"

Oh sick.

Gonna vote Gojo unless for some reason he doesn't open with that. Out of all people Gojo beating this Garou is a welcome surprise.
Deadass he doesn't even need his domain.

He could prolly just clip Garou with Purple or some shit since he doesn't resist Matter Manipulation.

Deadass he doesn't even need his domain.

He could prolly just clip Garou with Purple or some shit since he doesn't resist Matter Manipulation.
Yeah if it clips his head probs. Otherwise insert Mr Time Travel is a Martial Art's adapting to it somehow.

Does Gojo open up with his Domain usually btw? I remember Shibuya Arc, but it took a bit of time for him to use it on Volcano Man (tho he was training Yuji) and he just nuked Hanami from afar.

Purple is bigger than Garou's entire body, it's gonna hit his head-

And he doesn't start with it but he's shown to use it if necessary.

Domain expansion is not really one of his starter moves, since he's rarely ever serious and likes to **** around a lot, but even serious i feel like purple is more likely to come first than domain expansion, but it's also not like he has anything against using it when outside of a populated area.

Purple would be too hard to reliably tag Garou with, since it has a minor charge time when he uses it and travels as a menancing giant ball of energy that destroys everything on it's path while traveling in a straight line. Not to mention he has portals and is also growing in speed through AD and it's not in character at all for him to try and tank attacks.

Does Gojo open up with his Domain usually btw? I remember Shibuya Arc, but it took a bit of time for him to use it on Volcano Man (tho he was training Yuji) and he just nuked Hanami from afar.
During Shibuya arc he didn't use it because people were around and Geto had planned out how to get him to avoid using it. Had there been no elaborate set up, he would've been able to use it earlier. Though I wouldn't say it's a starting move for him unless it's mandatory/necessary to win.

Could Garou copy purple? Is it Universe phenomena-y enough
It involves purely theorical stuff that might not even be correct + manipulating imaginary mass and is also pulled off by cursed energy. Garou could try to create his own version, but that feels really weird to argue for.

portals wich garou loves to spam, plus i'm pretty sure it doesn't really dura negate on it's own
Never said it'd negate dura, but it pulls Garou in through hax Garou doesn't resist, which gives Gojo the, idk, like 5 or so seconds he needs to charge Purple lol.

Purple would be too hard to reliably tag Garou with, since it has a minor charge time when he uses it
I think that's mostly cinematic timing that makes it seem long. Against Toji, it appeared rather "instant" (Toji wasn't even able to react to it). He even stated he perfected minimizing the hand signs necessary to utilize his techniques. I think it having a charge-up is a bit of a misconception since the times where he does use it, he's always explaining it.

Gojo does win this with domain expansion tho.
Garou's only wincon is BFRing Gojo into far space, since limitless would not be able to supply him with oxygen (it could, however protect him from the void, most likely.) wich is still iffy as wincon since Gojo can teleport and Garou has also never shown to spawn a portal directly on someone and the one technique that directly teleports was something he only used once while Saitama was on the ground. idk if he can pull it off on someone who's flying. Also, Domain expansion spawns in AOE around with no real tell and will incap him pretty quick.

Never said it'd negate dura, but it pulls Garou in through hax Garou doesn't resist, which gives Gojo the, idk, like 5 or so seconds he needs to charge Purple lol.
You need a resistance to hax to escape blue? I figured high enough LS would be enough. Doesn't it just pull everything in like a vacuum via gravity or smth?

You need a resistance to hax to escape blue? I figured high enough LS would be enough. Doesn't it just pull everything in like a vacuum via gravity or smth?
On the profile it says it's some weirdo physics manipulation bullshit. I assume it'd work independent of LS.

I think that's mostly cinematic timing that makes it seem long. Against Toji, it appeared rather "instant" (Toji wasn't even able to react to it). He even stated he perfected minimizing the hand signs necessary to utilize his techniques. I think it having a charge-up is a bit of a misconception since the times where he does use it, he's always explaining it.
I don't really buy it, since Garou can still make a portal pretty effortlessly in front of himself to dodge it if he's pulled in by blue or one behind him to BFR himself away from the giant energy ball wich again is quite predictable. Not to mention him constantly growing in speed and his already impressive acrobatics and speed amp through Awakening breath wich only requires him to breath.

If it's like gravity or vacuum then Flight + higher LS should do it. If it's something like directly pulling someone closer while negating any kind of friction then true flight(allows one to move without needing any sort of leverage) + superior movement speed to the pull would be needed.

On the profile it says it's probability manipulation and physics manipulation so uh idk how Garou is gonna resist getting pulled in by it

Rereading the fight rn, Gojo using portals on himself and others is actually frequent. He'd definitely try to escape via portal for sure. Unless there's some anti-portal thing Blue has

since limitless would not be able to supply him with oxygen (it could, however protect him from the void, most likely.)
Wouldn't Gojo's reverse curse healing allow him to last in space for a bit before actually dying? The reason you die from oxygen deprivation is because your cells start to die, but Gojo's healing is able to pretty easily heal immediately fatal injuries and keep his brain constantly rejuvenated. It wouldn't be giving him oxygen of course, but the things that kill you as a result of asphyxiation would be constantly healed by his reverse cursed energy, no?

On the profile it says it's some weirdo physics manipulation bullshit. I assume it'd work independent of LS.
I'll get scans of the instances he explains it. I didn't see anything that would make it impossible to escape without a resistance though. I just assumed it had very intense LS.
I don't really buy it, since Garou can still make a portal pretty effortlessly in front of himself to dodge it if he's pulled in by blue or one behind him to BFR himself away from the giant energy ball wich again is quite predictable. Not to mention him constantly growing in speed and his already impressive acrobatics and speed amp through Awakening breath wich only requires him to breath.
Oh, I wasn't saying it'd hit Garou, I was just saying that it having some notable "charge-up" was a misconception due to the exposition dumps whenever he uses it resulting in cinematic timing. Despite it being fired so fast that Toji wasn't able to react to it from tens of meters away from Gojo despite the two being comparable physically at the time.

Wouldn't Gojo's reverse curse healing allow him to last in space for a bit before actually dying? The reason you die from oxygen deprivation is because your cells start to die, but Gojo's healing is able to pretty easily heal immediately fatal injuries and keep his brain constantly rejuvenated. It wouldn't be giving him oxygen of course, but the things that kill you as a result of asphyxiation would be constantly healed by his reverse cursed energy, no?
Good point, probably i guess. But if not even the iffy wincon would work then this is probably a stomp. Since he could in theory go on indefinitely even if the earth is destroyed and then it's just a vague stamina battle between who dies first due to lack of resources. With Gojo still being able to end the fight any time he wants by using infinite domain.

Infinity alone would negate Garou trying to teleport his fist behind Gojo. Red isn't really necessary.

I should note, that Gojo WOULD eventually die in space. I just think he'd last FAR longer than any normal human.
Infinity is pretty much a skin tight shield that will stop anything that travels from hitting. Garou would legit have to spawn a portal 0 distance away from Gojo to bypass it.
Gotcha thanks. Yeah Garou will eventually do that honestly considering he was fine leaving Saitama behind. But I think Gojo wins this most of the time.

Would Garou even be able to block or even counter Gojo's attacks such as purple, red or even his domain expansion? As Cursed techniques are not visible unless you have Cursed energy or trained to see it

I take it back, it's possible Gojo's Reverse Cursed technique supplies oxygen in an unconventional way. Aside from repairing tissue dying, it's likely he "regens" lost blood or bad blood with refreshed/new blood just as his brain is constantly being reset to a fresh state.

This could explain why Gojo could breathe in a place where time doesn't flow after being sealed. A place where time doesn't pass, Gojo logically shouldn't be able to breathe (Technically speaking, he shouldn't be able to move or think either...)

Can Garou copy Gojo's Limitless techniques?
We talked about it earlier. Likely not. Not only does it used cursed energy which is just an energy derived by negative emotions, but some of them use theoretical physics such as imaginary mass and some of them outright cause impossibilities in current day physics, like blue, he states causes impossibilities to actually manifest.

The cursed energy already makes it a problem, the complexity of how it works makes it even harder to imagine he could possibly copy it.

Not to mention, Gojo's gifted and one of the only people who can utilize limitless to its full extent (IIRC, it consumes a LOT of energy, which is mitigated by Gojo's special eyes).

If the talk I hear about limitless being conceptual is true, that makes it even harder for Garou to even dream of copying (Assuming it's true. I only heard talk about it).

but some of them use theoretical physics such as imaginary mass and some of them outright cause impossibilities in current day physics, like blue, he states causes impossibilities to actually manifest.
Garou has been shown to copy things that use theoretical physics, like subspace gates from Blast. He can also copy supernatural martial arts and techniques.

Something being impossible or using weird physics shouldn't be out of his reach.

the complexity of how it works makes it even harder to imagine he could possibly copy it
Could you elaborate? Garou is very intelligent and has cosmic knowledge. Complexity should be the least of his problems IMO. He can instantly learn "complex" techniques in OPM.

Not to mention, Gojo's gifted and one of the only people who can utilize limitless to its full extent (IIRC, it consumes a LOT of energy, which is mitigated by Gojo's special eyes).
I mean, Garou should have like trillions of times more energy than Gojo, and he's also more intelligent.

I do not think using subspace gates or copying fancy Martial Arts moves is comparable to manipulating physics with an esoteric cursed energy to manipulate impossibilities to then manipulate space.

Alright, according to Gojo, Blue is the convergence of an infinite series amplified, and results in a "magnetic like attraction". Perhaps that would actually mean it's impossible to escape its pull, though I'm not 100% sure.

Alright, according to Gojo, Blue is the convergence of an infinite series amplified, and results in a "magnetic like attraction". Perhaps that would actually mean it's impossible to escape its pull, though I'm not 100% sure.
I don't really know how to interpret that.

I do not think using subspace gates or copying fancy Martial Arts moves is comparable to manipulating physics with an esoteric cursed energy to manipulate impossibilities to then manipulate space.
He's also replicated complex scientific phenomena like black holes, gamma-ray bursts, and nuclear fission, all of which he learned instantly.

I am unsure why you are trying to make it sound so complex. It is just him manipulating physics to manipulate space. Something that Garou can pretty much do already.

I don't really know how to interpret that.
I'd assume it means it has an "infinitely" strong pull. Though I doubt it just insta kills anything pulled in it. I just think it's inescapable if you're in its range. Since even Gojo says he can't summon it close to him or he risks being pulled in.

Back