• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Corrections to Ren's Abilities

Amamiya Ren's profile currently has this listed under Powers and Abilities.

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Expert Knife User, Expert Marksma, Skilled in Stealth, Information Analysis/Enhanced Senses (With the Third Eye), Can summon facets of his personality which take the form of mythological demons and gods, Elemental Manipulation (Fire, Ice, Electric, Wind), Mind Manipulation, Nuclear Manipulation, Light Manipulation, Curse Manipulation, Status Effect Inducement, Healing, Energy Projection, Regenerationn, Forcefield Creation, Various other abilities such as Attack Reflection, Absorption, and Power Nullification depending the Persona summoned, Statistics Amplification, Durability Negation, Resistance Negation, Resistance to Time and Existence Erasure, Can defy Fate, Resurrection, Teleportation (Can travel to another dimension known as the Metaverse), "Almighty" Attacks that Bypass all Defenses | Resistance to Magic, Elemental Manipulation, Darkness Manipulation, Light Manipulation, Radiation Manipulation, Darkness Manipulation, Mind Manipulation, Empathic Manipulation and Memory Manipulation, and Physical and Gun-based attacks (The Omnipotent Orb nullifies any form of damage in the game except for Almighty Attacks. Hiroko's Armor sharply reduces the effects of magical skills). Satanael which shares the previous abilities and Large Size (Type 2)

There are a few problems here that I think should be addressed:

- "Various other abilities such as Attack Reflection, Absorption, and Power Nullification depending the Persona summoned" only refers to Persona attributes, despite Attack Reflection also applying to skills like Tetrakarn and Makarakarn. The attributes also apply even when the Persona isn't summoned, as long as it's equipped, so that's another wording error.

- Forcefield Creation, while technically correct, is misleading in that it still lets damage through despite not breaking. It's closer to Statistics Amplification in that it raises natural defenses instead of creating a shield. Not sure what to call it, though.

- "Can defy Fate" should just be listed as Resistance to Fate Manipulation.

- Almighty attacks have long ago already been specified to not be a form of Durability Negation, but Resistance Negation. Edit: If we have something like Barrier Negation, then that should be added too, since Almighty bypasses defensive spells like Tetrakarn and Makarakarn.

- Tower Arcana Rank 10 grants Joker's gun attacks the ability to pierce resistances. I'm not sure what the VSbattles equivalent of ignoring resistance to gun attacks is, so I'll leave it to whoever knows better.

- Sun Arcana Rank 8 grants Joker an ability called "Mind Control" which allows him to skip negotiations with Shadows when attempting to recruit them as Personas. While I doubt this would be considered actual mind control, this should at least warrant Superhuman Charisma.

What are all of your thoughts?

-Right

-Wait what "force field" are you talking about? I was under the impression that this was listed for Tetrakarn and Makarakarn. Either way a weak forcefield is still a forcefield, but it could probably be specified that it only blocks some of the damage? Doesn't seem to be the case here though.

-Right

-I remember that still being under debate actually. I don't have too strong of an opinion here though so neutral for the time being.

-Pretty sure that's also resistance negation. Nice find.

-Right. Agreed.

@Edwellken

2. I was referring to Fire Wall, Ice Wall, Elec Wall, etc. I admit I could've worded that better.

4. I remember that that debate's been settled years ago by SMT Knowledgeables, although it was so long ago that I can't find it. Either way I asked a similar question i this thread, and the consensus was that Almighty ignores every defense except for natural durability, so Resistance Negation was the best fit.

Back