• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cool Cat vs Thunder McQueen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said, McQueen can't just give up a fight, killing himself and not dragging CC along with him sounds like giving up to me.

Redite250 said:
Like I said, McQueen can't just give up a fight, killing himself and not dragging CC along with him sounds like giving up to me.
But it's already been proven how he wouldn't want to die with Cool Cat...

Madotsuki24 said:
Redite250 said:
Doesnt matter. HtH would kill CC anyway because its already atached to him

Oblivion Of The Endless said:
Madotsuki24 said:
Redite250 said:
Then how would McQueen die if he would win in a physical fight against Cool Cat? Maybe I just don't understand your current comment...

Even if McQueen doesn't kill himself, all damage he takes will be redirected to Cool Cat, making it basically impossible for him to win

Madotsuki24 said:
Redite250 said:
That's not how HtH works.

"Born from Thunder McQueen's desire to not die alone, this Stand will pull those the user desires in with their death."

The stand doesn't automatically choose.

Anyways, Cool Cat would realise that McQueen is cripplingly depressed, try to stop him, inadvertantly make him even more suicidal, and drive him to suicide.

Actually, when someone tried to stop McQueen from killing himself, it only sparked a desire for him and that person to die together

Redite250 said:
Actually, when someone tried to stop McQueen from killing himself, it only sparked a desire for him and that person to die together
Because of his short-term memory because of having his memory disc removed. He could only remember that he wanted to kill himself with Hermes Costello.

BigSmoke4269 said:
Why would McQueen want to die with Cool Cat?
The real question is Why wouldn't he? Thunder is a suicidal he wants to die all the time. And there is no one around it's 1v1. Cool Cat can't stop him via talking that would make him even more suicidal. He kills himself and CC also dies

Inconclusive

Maestro46 said:
BigSmoke4269 said:
Why would McQueen want to die with Cool Cat?
The real question is Why wouldn't he? Thunder is a suicidal he wants to die all the time. And there is no one around it's 1v1. Cool Cat can't stop him via talking that would make him even more suicidal. He kills himself and CC also dies
Inconclusive
NLF. Just because it hasn't shown to work when tried by one person, doesn't mean that it will never work. There are other characters in fiction who are able to talk Thunder out of committing suicide, even though Hermes couldn't, so we really shouldn't think that it's impossible.

Ok, then explain why and how CC's talking would be better than Hermes
Hermes is a quick to anger girl with a sour attitude. If you were trying to get someone to not commit suicide, Hermes is the last person you would want to use.

That didnt answer my question. Also, trying to convince McQueen to not kill himself just makes it worse
Again, NLF. The only thing that made it worse is that Hermes said to Thunder that not all days are like Monday and that he should see days as Saturdays. Thunder got convicted on a Saturday which triggered him because of that. If you tried to make me better if I suffered from depression and you said "I promise you that your days will feel like your birthday from now on." and my grandma died on my birthday earlier in life and I was offended by it, that doesn't mean that I would get offended by everything you say and that I will never recover from depression, that's not how it works.

I didn't said something like no one in fiction can stop Thunder from killing himself I said Cool Cat can't. I don't believe so. Due to McQueen is very short memory, even if he stops him, he'll try to kill himself again few minutes later

Inconclusive

Also, CC has no idea what's happening. He doesn't know why Thunder tries to kill himself he doesn't know about HtH Damage Sharing. Is talking to people first thing CC does in combat?

Maestro46 said:
Also, CC has no idea what's happening. He doesn't know why Thunder tries to kill himself he doesn't know about HtH Damage Sharing. Is talking to people first thing CC does in combat?
From what I saw from other threads, no

Maestro46 said:
Thunder doesn't instantly commit suicide from the sight of someone, he talks to them first then how someone he would like to be with wouldn't happen, then he will try to commit suicide, but it takes some time for him to actually execute his suicide attempt.

HtH will only affect Cool Cat if McQueen wants to die with him. Also, the reason Cool Cat attacked in the other threads was because he was bloodlusted.

In character, Cool Cat picks words over violence. It's shown in his dream sequence.

As I said before, talking isn't going to work. Heck, Ermes gave him her panties so that he'd become happy (which he did) and stop committing suicide. He still did it anyway.

That's...kind of the point. Thunder will still commit suicide, but why would he want to die alongside Cool Cat? From what you guys have been telling me, I'd think he'd rather die alongside Ermes. HtH doesn't "attach" itself to the enemy. It just draws whoever McQueen would like to die with into death.

Redite250 said:
If McQueen just commits suicide on the spot and doesn't bring CC with him then it's not, you know, a fight?
Well, it's still Thunder committing suicide and not bringing Cool Cat with him, which has happened before in VS Debates so that is a way that Cool Cat can win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back