• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Conversion Beamer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skaffolding said:
Crab is a Khorne worshipper confirmed.
I'd say more Malal considering I'm doing it to all the other Chaos Gods as well. Also the self-dismemberment.

Wait, one question? What makes source editing better than normal editing? Does fandom put unnecessary code in normal mode? For example if you make a quote in visual mode for some reason they put a space between "br" and the "/" in the line break code. That in itself isnt too big of a problem, it's just one space. It's an example tho.

I destroy the thread as my secret has been exposed

We go feathunting. Or more specifically, I do. Through all the novels.

This'll be fun.

I found this:

Rynn
Hah, take that nerds. Atomization is a thing after all.

I dont see much wrong with this. But does it scale to any other weapons? Or dura? Maybe higher tier marines can tank a lascannon.

Plasma can prolly do that, and we already know Termies can take that.

Also keep in mind this alien infantry is fuckhueg Orks that are described as 200-300 kilograms in the book.

Actually way less. Also the Primaris and the rest of the Marines will be updated once I've found every feat I possibly.

PsychicCipher said:
So the Custodes and Primaris would be around, say, Low 7-C with their best stuff?
Custodes yes, Primaris no. They're not comparable to Custodes.

Plusmut
Yet more evidence plasma can achieve the same feat mentioned above

Its not really a speed feat since no one reacts to it in the scene. They just no sell the damage.

Yes that's what I'm saying. The durability, not the speed.

Crabwhale said:
No you didn't Eliminator did. Exposed

And I think we can discard the faraday cage in this scenario since "they seemed solid and real, like fundamental, physical structures, like upturned, thorny trees.". And because they were "explosively scorching the earth".

Watch as Jaakubb comes and ruins my hopes and dreams agai

If not, then I think this warrants them.staying 8-C.

About the lightning specifically, dont characters who tank lightning only tank a fraction of the energy? But the atomizing orks thing still doesnt have a problem.

@jaakubb

Ogbunabali said:
And I think we can discard the faraday cage in this scenario since "they seemed solid and real, like fundamental, physical structures, like upturned, thorny trees.". And because they were "explosively scorching the earth".
Don't think so in this case.

Jaakubb said:
About the lightning specifically, dont characters who tank lightning only tank a fraction of the energy? But the atomizing orks thing still doesnt have a problem.
Uh wot

No genuinely, I have never seen or even heard that said ever before this.

When a lightning bolt hits a human, the human acts as a sort of faraday cage, acting as a conduit for the electricity to pass through you and isolate in the ground, you don't actually "get hit" and the dangerous thing about lightning hitting you is that, for instance, it can pass through your heart and you'd be dead, not necessarily the actual lightning bolt hitting you. But as I said in this case I don't think that would apply considering the description of the lightning.

Ah right, that makes sense. But yes, I don't think dispersal applies here.

Alright so as soon as I get my house internet connection back, I'm applying this due to lack of contention and solid enough evidence.

So, summary of what's going to happen:

Space Marines and Marines will stay at 8-C (thanks to the lightning tanking feat).

Terminator and above will get High 8-C due to the plasma pistol feat and this.

I mean idk. The lightning looking like physical structures doesnt mean the lightning had kinetic energy and not electrical energy. Seems like kind of a stretch.

Crabwhale said:
So, summary of what's going to happen:

Space Marines and Marines will stay at 8-C (thanks to the lightning tanking feat).

Terminator and above will get High 8-C due to the plasma pistol feat and this.
Yeah I'm good with this.

Maybe it's because despite lightning only appearing for a fraction of a second marines have really fast perception to the point where they look like real objects.

No, scrub Space Marines don't have reflexes that good. Their best showing are reacting to hypersonic Bolt rounds, and even then, they can't do that a lot of the time.

I meant just enough so that the lightning bolts seem more real and physical rather than brief formless flashes of light as we see them.

The revision has been applied. Now if nobody has any objections, I'd like to close this thread once and for all.

Honestly I think you're the one who's stretching. Space marine doesn't necessarily tank the full energy of a lightning bolt because it looks like a real physical structure. I honestly don't see how the two statements lead to each other.

Also the lightning thing is because most electrical energy just flows through an object without damaging it. Only a small fraction of the energy is converted to thermal energy which could have a small effect on the object. This is why people can survive lightning strikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back