• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(CONCLUDED! 0-7-0) Legendary Solos Rematch: Adam Smasher Vs David Martinez (Cyberpunk)

There are no happy endings in Night City... Or is there?
THE RULES:
  • The battle takes place in the Arasaka Tower with both combatants starting 50 meters apart.
  • Speed is equalized.
  • Both are 9-B (Post-Timeskip David and Samson Body Adam are used)
  • SBA for everything else.
AP: Both scale to the same value.

Who wins and why?

Mercy is disgusting:

No thanks, choom. I know how to fly just fine: 7 (@Naitodesu, @Qawsedf234, @Peppersalt43, @Mariogoods, @Grimm's_Fortitude, @MintyBoi1, @AThe1412)

Here, for folks like us? Wrong city, wrong people (Inconclusive):

Last edited:
I'm conflicted because I would say Adam Smasher even in his earliest iteration outskills and outguns David in experience and skill and slightly in arsenal, and has the additional advantage of his hacking. David's advantage solely lies in his Sandevistan which makes him absurdly fast to the point where he'd practically statue Smasher.

If they start further apart, Smasher would have a chance but if it's a distance David can easily close, he wins.

I'm conflicted because I would say Adam Smasher even in his earliest iteration outskills and outguns David in experience and skill and slightly in arsenal, and has the additional advantage of his hacking. David's advantage solely lies in his Sandevistan which makes him absurdly fast to the point where he'd practically statue Smasher.

If they start further apart, Smasher would have a chance but if it's a distance David can easily close, he wins.
Based on its description, I don't think Adam's hacking would work on David, also because their tech are like over 50 years apart. David's smart weapons and projectile launch system are probably countered by Smasher's reactive armour as well.

Yeah but David can still go up close and shoot point blank tho and he might suffer a hit or two but he even at speeds equalized, the speed difference between his base and Sandevistan is so absurd that Smasher's arsenal might not even matter beyond his fastest attacks

Yeah but David can still go up close and shoot point blank tho and he might suffer a hit or two but he even at speeds equalized, the speed difference between his base and Sandevistan is so absurd that Smasher's arsenal might not even matter beyond his fastest attacks
I'll have them start 50 meters apart as that seems like the distance where they can both use their arsenals to fullest.

Hm, I'm still inclined David just because the gap between his base speed and Sandevistan is still greater than the gap between Adam Smasher's base speed and his weapons/reactive armor. Someone more educated in old Cyberpunk can probably educate me on how mobile Adam Smasher is in the Samson Body. I'll say that I'd put it in David's favor still but now more fairly given Adam Smasher has the distance to rain hell or overwhelm David before he can properly respond with Sandevistan.

Hm, I'm still inclined David just because the gap between his base speed and Sandevistan is still greater than the gap between Adam Smasher's base speed and his weapons/reactive armor. Someone more educated in old Cyberpunk can probably educate me on how mobile Adam Smasher is in the Samson Body. I'll say that I'd put it in David's favor still but now more fairly given Adam Smasher has the distance to rain hell or overwhelm David before he can properly respond with Sandevistan.
I'll count you as a vote for David.

Speed is equalized.
Really this doesn't impact anything because the Sandevistan is speed amplification cyberware. So David has a rather crippling speed advantage.

The main/only real wincon for Smasher is to grab David and use his arc welder. But David has 50+ years technology progress and is also a full conversion, so I'm not sure the Samson body will be doing well here (though we may have to wait on the Edgerunners RPG supplement).

Overall without a Sandevistan and assuming tech equalization, I would say Smasher wins because even though he's a brutal metal head he's a experienced and skilled metal head who knows how to fight (unlike David). But the speed gap + the projectile launcher that can bore through Malestorm/MaxTac operatives I don't see Smasher doing well.

So David for the win imo.

Really this doesn't impact anything because the Sandevistan is speed amplification cyberware. So David has a rather crippling speed advantage.

The main/only real wincon for Smasher is to grab David and use his arc welder. But David has 50+ years technology progress and is also a full conversion, so I'm not sure the Samson body will be doing well here (though we may have to wait on the Edgerunners RPG supplement).

Overall without a Sandevistan and assuming tech equalization, I would say Smasher wins because even though he's a brutal metal head he's a experienced and skilled metal head who knows how to fight (unlike David). But the speed gap + the projectile launcher that can bore through Malestorm/MaxTac operatives I don't see Smasher doing well.

So David for the win imo.
Vote counted.

Back