• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Composite Link vs Sol Badguy

Uh yeah, this is prolly not a good idea but like I said with the crts and that done its worth a second look imo

Sol doesn't start with his hax and focuses on his fire attacks instead. I'm pretty sure Link can petrify him before he can dish out DI. Voting Link for now.

Well the issue is assuming Link uses Petrification off the bat in the first place. What is the AP gap? Also, Petrification is a subset of Transmutation which Sol resists.

Also Link's Info Analysis might not work on Sol I don't think, does resist to Info Manip equal resist to that?

I don't think so. Although I plan to make a thread on dealing with subsets of powers and resistances. Theoretically, it should be a simple thread...but knowing my luck recently....

ShiroyashaGinSan said:
Sol doesn't start with his hax and focuses on his fire attacks instead. I'm pretty sure Link can petrify him before he can dish out DI. Voting Link for now.
Link hardly petrifies in character. Also considering that Fi won't work and stasis and Ancient arrows won't work either, the actual good stuff Link will need to use for it to help him beat Sol is severely limited.

He's an RPG character, so no idea.

And since FI won't work, the argument that Link will lead with whatever works is also out.

What does Sol lead with?

Why wouldn't Fi work. Information manipulation=/=information analysis.

Also Link's not an RPG character, not that it matters because Schnee's point doesn't change.

Information Manipulation is the power to control, alter, and even destroy information itself, an incredibly useful ability given that information exists throughout everything in some form or another. On a small scale, this can allow for the analysis of information, manipulating data, and potentially even directly drawing information from sources and absorbing it to use for one's self.

......this fight really is tricky. For now, I'm starting to lean inconclusive. Both resist a lot of each other's hax and it doesn't look like they can kill the other.

Question: Does Sol have something against Low-Godly? Link has Low-Godly regen due to Triforce.

Other questions:

1) How above baseline is Link in 3-A? Sol has been stated to be at least 20x above baseline.

2) Does Sol being a Gear make him more vulnerable to the Master Sword and Silver Arrows?

Schnee One said:
<Link has Low Godly regen due to Triforce
No he doesn't.
The Triforce grants Low-Godly regen to those who wield Triforce of Power or the Full Triforce, which Link has:

Powers and Abilities: Grants the wielder a small portion of the Goddess Farore's power, including amplified Magical power, Resistance to evil magic/mind controlling effects, and Heightened courage | Grants the wielder a small portion of the Goddess Nayru's power, including amplified Magical power, Divine wisdom, Healing, Telepathy, Precognition, and Shapeshifting | Grants the wielder a small portion of the Goddess Din's power, including immensely amplified Magical power, Invulnerability to most forms of attack, Regenerationn (Low-Godly), Immortality (Types 1, 2 and 3) and Dramatically increased physical might | Provides all of the powers of the individual pieces, plus Existence Erasure, Resurrection of others, Mind Manipulation, Healing, Power Nullification, Transmutation, vastly greater raw power; additionally, allows its owner Reality Warping (Grants the user their wishes, and was stated by Hylia to be capable of altering the essence of all things) along with resistance to it

That shouldn't be there, ToP granting Low-Godly regen was rejected (It's why Ganon has that regen in his standard abilities key instead of his Triforce of Power key) so I have no idea why that's there.

If it was rejected, then that....kinda swings the fight's momentum into Sol's favor for now. Though still:

1) How above baseline is Link in 3-A? Sol has been stated to be at least 20x above baseline.

2) Does Sol being a Gear make him more vulnerable to the Master Sword and Silver Arrows?

Back