• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Composite Link vs Sol Badguy

1) There's no exact way of saying how far above baseline Link is, but the scaling chain is Composite Link>>>>>>>Fierce Deity Link>>Majoras Wrath>Majoras Incarnation>Majoras Mask>>Skull Kid possessed by Majoras Mask>=Baseline

2) Does being a Gear make him anything akin to a demon? If not then it shouldn't make him more vulnerable.

Necro isn't actually a demon, he just has that appearance. So Dizzy doesn't have a literal demon wing.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BVYggDnaJgY

Skip to 2:09 and watch the rest Ganondorf was clearly shown to be revived by the Triforce of power, he dies, Top appears on the back of his hand, twitch of fingers and than comes back to life.

Also most importantly even the conversation between the sages talk how the Triforce of power appearing and saving Ganondorf was some kind of Divine joke.

Saying that the Triforce dosent have low godly is simply false when proof is right there, also if it wasn't the triforce how would the sages even be able to kill him weapons of light are not enough to kill Ganondorf its been stated so many times its ridiculous you either need triforce, Master Sword or a Variant or silver Arrows.

Anyway for now I vote inconclusive but if low godly is added back my vote goes to link also can't link just wish him dead or out of existence?

Link rarely uses the Triforce to wish his opponents away, even if he did it won't work cause Sol resists both.

Theglassman12 said:
Link rarely uses the Triforce to wish his opponents away, even if he did it won't work cause Sol resists both.
He dosent rarely use it he always uses it its just because the triforce is literally an endgame power that you gain well at the end and each time he got it he would straight go to wish is enemies out of existence fixing an entire reality kill his opponents or whatever else.

Link is always shown to use the triforce the moment he has it.

@Ashen The only time the Triforce ever erased someone it did so by slamming a statue into them instead of just instantly sending them to nonexistence, not saying it'll try the exact same thing as it did in Skyward Sword but going by it's only shown EE feat its likely it won't just poof him out of existence the instant Link wishes for it. Plus Sol also resists it anyway as glass already said so it ultimately doesn't matter.

@Crimsom I don't think petrifiing is a wincon here since Sol resists transmutation and from what I've seen on the Link vs Kratos thread that also counters petrification.

He has the AP and regen negging tools necessary to beat him to death I suppose, and unless I'm blind I don't see a resistance to sealing on Sols profile so that's another option.

What about Link's many ways of reducing damage? That also gives an advantage if it comes to trading attacks.

I got a bit lost, what are Sol's win conditions?

"Can negate Regenerationn from Low-Godly and under with the Silver Arrows and Master Sword"

Plus he has "Sealing users" as a category.

Link has more chance of winning this hell he could use the four sword to make 3 extra clones of himself that are equal to him in every way attack him from all angles and either seal or outright kill sol.

So it's just soul Manipulation then? If that's the case then sol won't worry about it since he resists soul hax from the backyard

You guys are wrong it can seal a person normally just fine either by soul or other means hell he could just BFR Sol and seal him away in an other dimension.

Sol does not resist BFR.

btw is Link going to in character seal a character who isn't really evil off the bat? Last I checked, Link is pretty random overall.

Theglassman12 said:
Link barely has an in character mindset aside from master sword and Hylian shield.
Sol has barely an in character mindset aside from the player telling him what to do your point is?

That's not even remotely close to being the same thing when he has a damn story that fleshes out his personality and mindset in combat as opposed to Composite Link who has nothing for what he starts off with aside from his popular weapons.

AshenCrow777 said:
Theglassman12 said:
Link barely has an in character mindset aside from master sword and Hylian shield.
Sol has barely an in character mindset aside from the player telling him what to do your point is?
You do realize that Sol has a character right? You realize Guilty Gear has a Story Mode where you don't even have gameplay right? Basically a movie...

Dragonmasterxyz said:
btw is Link going to in character seal a character who isn't really evil off the bat? Last I checked, Link is pretty random overall.
Link his a extremely gifted fighter not just idiot that goes around using his sword and shield aimlessly if he as an ability he will exploit.

If he sees something not working he will switch through everything he knows until it works.

Plus sealing does not limit itself too just evil so you should all stop assuming that.

And you need to stop assuming sol doesn't have an in character mindset like Link when he does.

Yes, however you also ignore what Sol could do before he even busts out sealing. Sol is also a gifted fighter and is also not an idiot. I never said the Sealing limited itself to evil. I asked whether Link would even use it on a non evil opponent, at least right away.

AshenCrow777 said:
Theglassman12 said:
No....Sol has a defined character from the story of Guilty Gear and has a backstory to how he became how he is and has his reasons for being how he is.

Back