• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Composite Human vs Fifteen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paulo.junior.969 said:
Yeah, and I don't agree with it, but my opinion doesn't matter because I'm irrelevant, what matters is what is accepted.
Just because people don't normally point out problems with a practice doesn't mean it's "accepted". This is still a completely fallacious way to argue about a character and no one should just be "going along with it" like they have no responsibility to make sure what they're arguing is correct

I wish I could simply say what I think and people would stop making arguments like "he knows what the opponent's ability is, so he finds a weakness and wins", but again, my opinion doesn't matter, I could complain about it for years and it wouldn't change anything, nothing I do ever changes anything, because nobody cares for what I think, so I just choose not to waste my time and just go along with it.

Others being dumb and not listening is not a reason to become dumb and stop listening.

It will not make the impossible happen, which is what it'd need to win here. This is obviously a stomp, and others just throwing "it'll find a way to win" is an argument from belief.

...I'll just join the "because nobody cares for what you think" if you are going to be petty like that.

Being wrong on porpuse and insisting to continue doing so because some guys were using fallacies is not a reasonable thing.

Yeah, that's what I've been saying for months by now, proof of that is that as soon as this thread ends, everyone will just ignore everything I say and go back to "he has prior knowledge, so he finds the weakness and wins", and everything that has happened here will be completely irrelevant to the world around us. Nothing that we do or say ever really matters, the world will just keep moving around us without anything ever changing, we are just born, live, die, and nothing we do is important, and after that, there's no afterlife, its the end, and we are forgotten, because we didn't really do anything that mattered.

See? I open my heart and give my views of the world, and people just make fun of it, because it doesn't matter. Heck, I bet in one month you'll have forgotten this conversation.

That, you see, is a non-sequitur. You deciding to try your hand at a nihlistic monolouge for whatever reason you tought it this would be the optimal place for it, and you using logic and people ignoring it, are two completely unrelated things.

Opening your heart, while it can be done on the internet, is not the kind of thing you ought to do in an argument about fictional characters.

People ignoring logic is the norm, that doesn't mean you should let your neurons commit seppuku.

The argument stopped being about fictional characters when you started the conversation by saying "Others being dumb and not listening is not a reason to become dumb and stop listening." You're not focusing on the characters, you're focusing on the nihlistic shit I was saying, if you didn't want to talk about it, you shouldn't have focused on it, you should have just kept talking about the characters, that's kind of how conversations work.

Paulo, the things you are saying is honestly beginning to concern me, if you legitimately want to try opening up to others or some personal things you want to talk about, I suggest contacting someone you know well here through a PM.

Regrettebly, this is not a place for conversations like this and you are not likely to be met with any positive or empathetic reception in a public forum like this

Paulo.junior.969 said:
The argument stopped being about fictional characters when you started the conversation by saying "Others being dumb and not listening is not a reason to become dumb and stop listening." You're not focusing on the characters, you're focusing on the nihlistic shit I was saying, if you didn't want to talk about it, you shouldn't have focused on it, you should have just kept talking about the characters, that's kind of how conversations work.
...No.

The very comment you quoted reffered to a line of logic (if you can call it that) used in the debate, not your nihlistic bull. Because I wasn't referring to others ignoring you (surprised as you might be, you aren't the only one who's beliefs are held before other's here), I was referring to you using an argumen out of belief.

In a debate about characters, calling the argument you made for that character dumb (and justifying it) is not a welcome for you to lay out your stance on life. Even if it was, you still shouldn't just go with the flow.

I mean, even for a joke this would be far too dumb to be considered funny. It's not even the enjoyable kind of cringy...

If you have problems, genuinly, you should either seek people close to you, or professional help. Throwing it to the internet just asks for the problems to be thrown back into your face.

Yeah, I don't want to talk about it either, I just go with whatever you guys are talking about, and you guys decided to focus on this.

That actually wasn't a line of logic used in the debate at all, its just that you guys were asking why I just go with the arguments if I don't even agree with it, and I just answered; this really has nothing to do with the fight itself, it has to do with why I just go along with the argument, they're two different things. The argument is "he knows the opponent's abilities and can find a weakness", if you want to talk about the characters, focus on that, that's it, because "why I choose to just follow this argument" is completely unrelated to that, and I wouldn't even be talking about it if you guys hadn't asked.

I hadn't asked. This is a debate, responding to an argument is what happens in those, and you used the classic fallacy by popularity.

Me pointing this out is not me asking why you made the fallacy, it's me saying it's wrong.

And this is the internet, so once again, only ever divulge your personal problems to those you view as close to you, or professionals.

Let's just close this, tough. It's a stomp, point.

Yes, responding to an argument is what happens, but what you were responding to wasn't an argument, people were asking why I just go with whatever others say, I responded, and you responded to that, it had nothing to do with the fight itself, its just that you decided to draw attention to it, so I just kept going, because that's what I do, I go along with what others are saying.

No. There was no "?" in there.

I made a statement your logic.

I did not ask for the reasoning behind it.

And that isn't a good reason for using this place as a platform to get off steam, frustration, or whatever problems you have. I have my fair share of shit in my life, but I keep it to myself and my friends.

It wasnt you who asked, someone else asked "if everyone jumped off a bridge, would you?", and I answered, and then you decided to respond to my answer as if it was an argument, so I continued to talk about it, and the conversation moved on from that, it really had nothing to do with the fight.

And I also keep to myself most of the time (most of the stuff I say here are either memes or "FRA"), it just happens that someone asked about it, so I said it.

Okay people, enough of this.

I am closing this due to how out of hand it is

All-aircraft-fire-F7-rsR.gif

That's just the common way of pointing out why you shouldn't follow a crowd without thinking for yourself, sorry if it came as an inquiry about your character

I know I shouldn't have but I lol'd at Lap's question given the situation. So sorry >.<

Wanna know the simplest way to make sure Fifteen will end up in range of a bomb? ******* set them up in door ways. CH has one of the only consistent canon means of taking down a Null, which means that even if one thinks that the combo of teleportation and precog should be able to counter it, they can't. CH has win conditions, so it isn't a stomp

Sorry about going off on a tangent there, I was just trying to answer a question and due to some miscommunication, we kept drawing attention to it, and it just turned into a snowball.

Alright, back to the match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back