• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Composite Human vs Alex Mercer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rules: Speed Unequalized. Composite Human is in position as absolute dictator of The Human Race. While they want to defeat Alex, they would prefer not destroying the world since they live here and all. Their a psycopath, but they also enjoy survival. This obviously means that the range rules of SBA don't apply, as CH is in some office somewhere. Composite Human has a month of prep time where they know a man harnessing a virus will be attacking them. Otherwise SBA.

Silhouette-2377359 960 720
Alex Mercer Prototype
Prep Time Incarnate:
A virus more harmful then Chicken Pox: 1 (The pen or the sword, DeathNoodles)

Inconclusive:

Hmm I give it to mercer for the moment, He can go around to random cities and gas them. With composite humans leadership they should be able to stave off the infection but buidling viral dectors and getting a grasp on mercers virus is difficult. Composite human has to stay in hiding while directing humanitys armies against biological weapons that rip apart tanks.

This version of humanity has no experience with a virus of alex caliber, black watch could only do as well as they did due to having sixty years to work with the virus. Even with that blackwatch was still not prepared for the blackligh virus. Add on to that mercer infiltrating humanity and creating a bunch of evolved and I see him eventually hunting down composite human and consuming/infecting him.

The biggest problem for composite human here is he needs to fight a war on three fronts, one he has to stave off the infection tearing through cities, two he has to keep in hiding to avoid mercer learning of his location, three he needs to focus on creating tech to detect the evolved infilitrating his ranks. I can easily see mercer evolving a scientist and having him sabotage humanities efforts.

edit saying all that composite human stands a good chance of winning but he's starting from scratch with a virus that breaks the laws of viral biology. He could certainly create things to deal with mecer with enough time and prior knowledge but this isn't a straight up fight. Its a dictator trying to control an intellegent viral apocolaypse as his own forces are being converted against him.

Composite Human may be intelligent, but they have no means to kill Mercer. There isn't even an exact value needed to atomize a superhuman character to get past Mid-High Regenerationn. I doubt they have a way to incapacitate him either due to Mercer's resistances and his physiology. Extraordinary Intellect does not include having feats of having scientific expertise that violates humanity's understanding of the laws of physics as that is more of the Supergenius category, which means Composite Human's intelligence aren't going to make up for their encounter against a sapient virus with feats that violates the laws of biology and physics.

And honestly, Shapeshifting, Stealth Mastery, and Absorption (which includes memories of the targets) is going to screw that version of humanity big time. There's also the fact that Mercer has already encountered cures developed against him and adapted against them, as well as even infecting one of them, which already makes Mercer's resistance difficult to overcome for CH (nevermind the fact that Mercer could also end up adapting to CH's potential cures as well).

If Composite Human lost against John Carpenter's The Thing, I doubt he can pull any victory against Mercer either.

Composite Human handily loses here.

To be honest, this seems like a stomp to me.

What can CH even do with prep time anyways?

I've checked CH's profile, and dig up whatever knowledge I have on Real Life, and I can't think of anything that could even give CH a win condition against Mercer, regardless of preparation time.

I was going to say capture him but he can just cut through whatever materials CH can make a cell out of.

Succumb to the virus willingly and fight Alex with his own powers

Without pis composite human never gets the time heller got to grow stronger. I think these guys might be right I thought composite human had scifi tech for some reason (Aplogies) But in the end this is just modern humanity against a not pis mercer...And that just doesn't end well

The Smashor said:

I was going to say capture him but he can just cut through whatever materials CH can make a cell out of.

Succumb to the virus willingly and fight Alex with his own powers
XD

In all seriousness, CH is no James Heller. They don't gain any resistances to Biological Manipulation like James Heller does via "Resilient DNA" PIS, and they aren't preventing themselves from getting mind-haxed by Mercer even if they were to become a Evolved (James isn't even a Prototype intentionally, he was meant to be an Evolved, but his plot-armoured DNA says otherwise). There's also the fact that CH can't do anything against Molecular-level control that Mercer has over all traces of the Blacklight Virus in existence, so he wouldn't be able to escape Mercer's influence anyways.

I'm pretty sure CH gets stomped here.

Dont forget the part where heller turns against mercer and due to plot induced stupidity mercer doesn't immediatly try to kill him rather then waiting for heller to grow stronger.

The pen or the sword said:
Dont forget the part where heller turns against mercer and due to plot induced stupidity mercer doesn't immediatly try to kill him rather then waiting for heller to grow stronger.
Indeed.

Well, guess this match is most likely a stomp now.

Rather than PIS I think that's more of a showcase of how much of an idiot Alex Mercer was in the second game. He's literally a second rate villain (sadly).

Either way yeah, I was thinking of prep time as in decades or something. Then again that can get to too sci fi esque things

I feel like that is pis when alex was supposed to be intellegent, he has the memorys of at least twenty scientest by the end of the first game, and the strategic ablitities of some of the top generals/spec ops in the us military. Why was he that stupid?

edit because the plot needed heller to win, so we take the viral super weapon and make it act like a saturday cartoon villian.

I made the mistake in my first post of thinking the composite human was smarter then he was. Kinda forgot he's still limited to human rational and dealing with a virus that breaks the laws of viral biology. :p

The pen or the sword said:
I made the mistake in my first post of thinking the composite human was smarter then he was. Kinda forgot he's still limited to human rational and dealing with a virus that breaks the laws of viral biology. :p
OOF

You can be academically smart and also still be stupid enough to not realize what your enemies are planning or how bad of a mistake you're making. That's why mad scientists exist. Same issue with the military generals. Heck even in P1 Alex is limited by violence instead of a would be cooler "dishonored" style stealth route. But that's impossible to implement anyway. Unless you're eating everyone on the base.

Overall really P2 is a bad source of feats in terms of characterizations.

And cool excerpt you sent me btw Pen, not bad. Will show better feedback in the future

Eh i have trouble buying the idea someone with knowledge of several generals can look at alex's plan and not see the flaws. There was no reason for alex to release the virus when he did, there was no reason for alex to allow heller to continue to grow stronger after learning of his rebellion.

yes alex was limited by violence but thats literally the most effecient route to get what he wants, theres almost never a case where killing his way through wasn't the most effecient route. Sure he could stealth his way through problems but anything short of a bunch of heat missles struggle to kill him, going out of his way to bother with in dephth stealth would be really pointless. I could waste an hour getting what I want, or I can consume everyone in this room and get it now. Edit saying that I once did stealth consume an entire base, not overly fun the ai and movement patterns in prototype don't lend them selves to full stealth opeations :p

I know smart people can be dumb, I wont deny that what I don't buy is the saturday cartoon villian they turned mercer into. Maybe Im just bitter because I hate the trope of the supposdly intellegent villian creating his own downfall for no logical reason. Edit it always seemed like poor writing/story telling to me... In the end the plot of prototype is the ultimate example of pis, the plot can only happen if alex acts like a complete moron.

Considering no one else is genius level pulling jojo level mind fecks and trickery I think it's also likelier that they dont necessarily get smarter but rather just gain sone of the sinpler skills that they have to dig in throgmugh their memory to use. Would be more judtifiable explanation.

It'a upsetting and it's poor writing but it doesnt mean Prototype is safe from these issues On mobile rn and not on for long

Except that doesn't line up with the statments and eplanations provided by the creators of the first game who explained all the memories are stored in a hive mind alex can view understand an access at any time.

It also goes against the fist games narrative and story about alex becoming those he eats. Its not justifiable explanation its poor writing. For instance heller at one point spares a soldier talking to his daughter on the phone but at this point in the story he has eaten other soldiers, soldiers with family freinds and loved one.

Theres no logical way to explaine why that soldier was spared when heller has access to the memorie of the ones he's killed. Why out of all those he's harmed at this point this general is the only one worthy of mercy. This is futher compounded by mercers statment about the voices an memories of those he killed screaming in his head. Surely heller has the same screams and only feels the need to spare one random person in his quest to get to Amaya .I call bull, they wanted to make heller more relatable and it doesn't fit his narrative.

You could try an come up with some justifiable explantion but as for me I have no interest in justifying the poorly written mess that was prototype 2.

Dont worry about it, respond when you actually have time :p

Guys, you can discuss all this in the Prototype general discussions, while this thread should get closed like the stomp thread that it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back