• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Composite Human Additions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found a lot of feats to add to CH

Durability

Darryle Jacob was hit by an Amtrak train that was going 110 mph and lived with just some fractured bones and scratches

John Ferraro's skull is 16 mm thick which is 2.3x thicker than the average human skull.

Kenny Bräck survived 214g in a race car accident

Speed

Below average human swim speed (the fastest 50m freestyle longcourse is César Cielo at 20.91 seconds which would make his swimming speed 2.4 m/s)

Stamina

Polycythemia is a condition where there is a higher amount of red blood cells in the body which can increase oxygen carrying capacity by 50%.

The DEC2 gene reduces the required amount of sleep to only 6 hours instead of the 8 to 8.5 required by normal people.

The inhibition of theLR-15r-Alpha gene allows an incredibly high endurance in muscles. This inhibitor of this gene has been found in Olympic-level high-endurance athletes.

Longest time with held breath underwater is24 minutes 3 seconds

Intelligence

Hyperthymesia is a condition where a person can remember almost everything they've learned in vivid detail.

Can utilize speed reading

Technology Abilities

Limited fire manipulation via flamethrower, molotov cocktails, and incendiary rounds

limited water manipulation via fire hoses

limited Radiation Manipulation via nukes

limited light manipulation via flashbangs

limited electricity manipulation via stunguns and tasers

Enhanced senses (Sonar, radar, and infrared and night vision goggles)

Homing Attack (infrared homing missles. DARPA Exacto bullets self-correct during flight and target the object it wants to hit)

Extrasensory Perception ( https://phys.org/news/2013-02-wearable-blindfold-danger.html Spidersense suit] allows the wearer to detect how close and in what direction and object is through vibrating sensors on the persons body.)

Hacking (Have the abilities of all hackers in the world)

Normal Abilities

Michel Lotito has a stomach lining twice as thick as a normal person's

Enhanced flexibility (Marfan Syndrome is a condition that affects the conective tissues of the body which can give an abnormal amount of flexibility. Martin Laurello can rotate his head 180 degrees. Julia Gunthel can fit inside a 50x50 cm package)

Radiation Manipulation resistance (Induced Radioresistance is receiving Small doses of ionizing radiation that can allow a greater resistance to radiation)

enhanced sense (Tetrachromacy allows a person to see 100x more colors than the average person. Supertasters have a far more sense of taste than an average person. Has Perfect Pitch)

Heat Manipulation resistance (Timo Kaukone survived and was concious after 6 minutes in a 110 C sauna)

Unsure to add

Suppression of the NCoR1 gene causes an increase in muscle mass, 2x the speed, and 2x the endurance .

Myostatin-inhibitor Hypertrophy is when the body doesn't produce myostatin to limit muscle growth

The NR2b gene increases memory and learning speed.

The highest standing jump is 1.616 meters. Javier Sotomayor has a high jump of over 8 feet. Mike Powell has a long jump of over 29 feet.

John Holtum could catch fired cannonballs. Cannonballs in his time could travel around 513 m/s. However people in him time thought he may have used a reduced amount of gunpowder so it should be at most half that speed which would be around 250 m/s.

I doubt that Animal Manipulation should be added because this ability is assumed to be of a direct way of manipulating animals, not via special techniques. Everything else is fine to add, however.

I really don't see what the need is for adding things like flashlights and water hoses to his powers and abilities. Are we planning to include every device or machine imaginable in his abilities section?

Animal manipulation I also disagree with just like the others.

There was some military weapon designed to blind people that would fall under light manip, iirc. Flashbangs also work here.

As for the fire hoses, they're surprisingly effective at crowd control and pretty dangerous. Used to break up crowds during segregation in the USA, for one thing, and hurt people pretty badly.

Also disagree with animal manip though.

I've taken out animal manipulation from the OP.

I think tech abilities that does or could aid in battle should be added.

Andytrenom reminded me of a question I wanted to ask: Can CH use technology that is theoretically possible or strictly tech that currectly exists?

@Votron5

Only the tech that currently exists because we're taking the things that have happened, existed or exist in our world.

Maybe we could simply add all equipment powers at the end after writing "With preparation:"?

I will unlock the Composite Human page. Tell me here when you are done.

The page literally describes the ability called "Natural Bloodlust." I don't know how a power that supposedly does not appear on this wiki is included on an official page, which also defines this power that does not exist, and uses it, doesn't exist.

Powers and Abilities

Here's the list of powers and abilities included in our wiki, you can check for yourself if bloodlust is in it or not.

Also natural bloodlust is not a power, it's a mental state. If the page words it like it's an ability, then I think it could have done a better job with the description.

Having 2 pages for both the term and ability would be a waste. Clearly the tag just needs to be changed

Not being effected by emotions or something like bloodlust can be both, and if the character is naturally in that state, then at the very least it is the constantness of the mental state that is the ability. I think its fine, but if you find it lacking then feel free to raise an altered version.

Also, CH is missing waaaaaaaaaaaay too many items like Empathic Manip (through poisons and stuff) and others.

Empathic Manip refers to Truth Serum

Heat Generation refers to heaters, mostly.

Ice Manip refers to items like nitrogen and such.

Empath Manip probably cannot be used since Truth Serums have no consistency in increasing truth-telling and most truths told are just made up and believed to be true by the person affected by the Truth Serum

the rest seem fine.

Should I unlock the profile for you again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back