• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Completely unimportant speed minor upgrade for saitama, cosmic garou, and blast

The energy exploded omnidirectionally AGAIN once the beam entered in contact with something after travelling through space
I always imagined it as something like this (sorry for the bad drawings lol):

unknown.png

I said that the mid-end speed value of the low-end AP value would work, I left the scaling completely up to the OPM supporters.

Fluffy, what you're struggling to understand is,
The energy exploded omnidirectionally AGAIN once the beam entered in contact with something after travelling through space
That's not how I interpreted the feat. I assumed the beam just erased everything it came into contract with in that huge area. Else there would be visible stars in front of the void where the omnidirectional blast did not hit.

I said that the mid-end speed value of the low-end AP value would work, I left the scaling completely up to the OPM supporters.
uh no that's not what I was asking
since blast's portals shifted the explosion from being omnidirectional to being a beam, can you calculate like the increase in speed that it would have resulted from the pressure, and therefore we'd know what the original explosion speed was since we know how much slower it should be

uh no that's not what I was asking
since blast's portals shifted the explosion from being omnidirectional to being a beam, can you calculate like the increase in speed that it would have resulted from the pressure, and therefore we'd know what the original explosion speed was since we know how much slower it should be
Not even sure if you can do stuff like that for cosmic-level explosions honestly but I guess you could ask @Executor_N0 or @DontTalkDT since astronomy is more their cup of tea.

That's not how I interpreted the feat. I assumed the beam just erased everything it came into contract with in that huge area. Else there would be visible stars in front of the void where the omnidirectional blast did not hit.
You assumed the 100m wide beam erased all in the 1 quadrillion kilometer space without expanding?.... Amazing, how does that work?

Or... the omnidirecional blast took all visible stars, which, even the closest is still lightyears away!!

You assumed the 100m wide beam erased all in the 1 quadrillion kilometer space without expanding?.... Amazing, how does that work?

Or... the omnidirecional blast took all visible stars, which, even the closest is still lightyears away!!
I was going to argue that the blast was expanding but at an angle but it isn't.
So I don't know, your interpretation doesn't make sense because the explosion would basically have to be right at the edge of the solar system for it to wipe out all the stars in that general direction or else there would be stars visble in the area in front of where the deletion happened. However the radius of the explosion is very far away from the solar system position because the deletion sphere is 3D. I really hope I'm not confusing and this makes sense.

I was going to argue that the blast was expanding but at an angle but it isn't.
So I don't know, your interpretation doesn't make sense because the explosion would basically have to be right at the edge of the solar system for it to wipe out all the stars in that general direction or else there would be stars visble in the area in front of where the deletion happened.
?...
It wouldn't.
The epicenter can be anywhere as long as the radius is large enough to consume all visible stars.
However the radius of the explosion is very far away from the solar system position because the deletion sphere is 3D. I really hope I'm not confusing and this makes sense.
I believe you're confused.

?...
It wouldn't.
The epicenter can be anywhere as long as the radius is large enough to consume all visible stars.

I believe you're confused.
No, impossible. The deletion zone is a sphere, so we can measure the radius of the void, then we can deduce that the radius of the void towards us is much smaller than the distance between us and the void because of perspective.

No, impossible. The deletion zone is a sphere, so we can measure the radius of the void, then we can deduce that the radius of the void towards us is much smaller than the distance between us and the void because of perspective.
What?
Yes, the radius of a sphere in the distance is smaller than the distance between us and said sphere. What does this has to do with anything?

The closest star is still several lightyears away from us.

I think it’s perfectly reasonable to assume the beam eventually spread out over a much larger area the farther away it travelled resulting in the thousands of stars being destroyedas a result

lasers in real life do this as well which is why a laser pointer will appear to be much larger when cast on a distant surface.

how this would affect the AP is anyones guess

What?
Yes, the radius of a sphere in the distance is smaller than the distance between us and said sphere. What does this has to do with anything?

The closest star is still several lightyears away from us.
Because the radius is too small for it to reach earth, stars in front of the void would be visible. Several slight years is too small because that hole is far far bigger than that, and if it eradicted the closest star to us, the void would be significantly bigger from our perspective.

Because the radius is too small for it to reach earth, stars in front of the void would be visible. Several slight years is too small because that hole is far far bigger than that, and if it eradicted the closest star to us, the void would be significantly bigger from our perspective.
It really wouldn't. Also, the very fact the explosion is a sphere is more than enough evidence that the explosion expanded omnidirectionally, why are we having this discussion?

The radius would have to be ~16000 Lightyears to get all stars in our general direction. Problem is, we don't even know the distance between us and the hole, we can make assumptions, but they'd be nothing other than that, low end assumptions.

So we can take the fact it did erase all the visible stars and then calculate the distance.

I feel like we don’t really need to care about all this, we should just calc the pressure increase to get the original speed and be done with it
in fact, it'd be more consistent for the explosion that launched them to have been faster than the clash itself since there wouldn't be more debate about blast and crew having been unable to react to it, but it still would be a few billion times ftl regardless

I feel like we don’t really need to care about all this, we should just calc the pressure increase to get the original speed and be done with it
in fact, it'd be more consistent for the explosion that launched them to have been faster than the clash itself since there wouldn't be more debate about blast and crew having been unable to react to it, but it still would be a few billion times ftl regardless
You can't calculate that, we're talking about energy here.

Back