• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Common Editing Mistakes Additions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
X792 Natsu Dragneel is such a profile, with some examples being:

Planet level+ with Igneel's Power (Borrows a part of Igneel's Magic Power. Fought and overpowered Base Zeref)

higher with SDFF (Far stronger than all his previous forms due to his flames of emotion breaking their limits. Overpowered and defeated Fairy Heart Form Zeref. Traded blows with Post-SBT Human Form Acnologia)

far higher with SFDM (At least 4x stronger than his Savage Dragon Fire Form due to combining the form with Dragon Force and the power of six other Dragon Slayers. His Seven Fire Dragon's King Fist one-shot Post-SBT Human Form Acnologia)
Butler's suggestion looks fine.
What about the use of full stops, comas and colons here?
@Just_a_Random_Butler

Sorry, I couldn't do some wiki work because I wasn't in a condition to do so (I didn't feel well).

What about the use of full stops, comas and colons here?
I think as discussed previously, full stops shouldn't be used at all in the statistics section when attempting to separate ratings. It should only be used for actual full sentences.

This means that you should only separate stuff there via commas and semicolons, and full stops for maybe statistics justification outside of parentheses/brackets somehow, or at least if the reasons/justifications are inside parentheses/brackets, the very last sentence in the reasons/justifications should not use full stops.

This also means that the example you quoted should most likely only use commas and semicolons for the separation of statistics.

I hope what I said answered what you were asking for though, my mind is still farting a little bit.

X792 Natsu Dragneel is such a profile, with some examples being:

Planet level+ with Igneel's Power (Borrows a part of Igneel's Magic Power. Fought and overpowered Base Zeref)

higher with SDFF (Far stronger than all his previous forms due to his flames of emotion breaking their limits. Overpowered and defeated Fairy Heart Form Zeref. Traded blows with Post-SBT Human Form Acnologia)

far higher with SFDM (At least 4x stronger than his Savage Dragon Fire Form due to combining the form with Dragon Force and the power of six other Dragon Slayers. His Seven Fire Dragon's King Fist one-shot Post-SBT Human Form Acnologia)
Wait, can you elaborate on what you mean by this?

Idk what there is to elaborate on. I thought you needed an example where there’s full stops in the justification

Idk what there is to elaborate on. I thought you needed an example where there’s full stops in the justification
That's true, but I was originally looking for full stops with justifications outside of parentheses/brackets, because I wanted it to be more concrete.

I think I found profiles that have what I am looking for, some of them are still unsatisfactory due to length issues though, so I'll just have to invent one, while incorporating some parts of the profiles to the image example.

Thank you for helping by the way, I appreciate it.

Last edited:
Update.

Special thanks to Agnaa for contributing massively in this thread, and as well as all the staff members that have contributed here and gave their input.

The proposed additions have been applied on the Common Editing Mistakes page.

The compiled information and conclusions are located here and here. And the Common Editing Mistakes page has also been changed in accordance with the applied changes in the "Updating our wiki's striking strength naming conventions" thread.

Since everything mentioned and proposed in this thread and in the Striking Strength thread was applied, this project is finished and has fulfilled its purpose.

Thank you extremely much for all of your help, Just_a_Random_Butler.

Also massive thanks to Agnaa and everybody else who helped out here.

🙏 🙏 🙏 🙂🙂🙂🎅🎅🎅

I will close this thread now then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back