• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

COLLIDING FISTS OF KI! Son Goku vs Akuma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you have to be pure to ride the nimbus? Either way that wouldn't change the end results in my view. I vote Goku still.

@AO. I mean in DB, even if you kill, fight, have bouts of rage, and be selfish, you can be pure if it's for the right reasons. Even Vegeta is considered pure after his redemption. Given that Gouken, who is basically the purest person in the verse, became comatose for years and only survived because of the PoN.

@EnoYaka. Yes, but again, DB standards.

The real cal howard said:
Wow, the Shun Goku Satsu is being downplayed here. Not only has it worked on people like Goku (aka Gouken), but Goku is only pure by DB standards. Soul hax is soul hax, and given that it's Akuma's signature attack, he'll use it to win. Goku rarely pulls out the Solar Flare (so rarely that it is upsetting to see people use it in vs matches), and both have enough skills/experience to render the others moot, so that shouldn't be brought up either.
Also, he turned to stone AFTER 500 years. Not DURING 500 years, @Xantospoc
Hey, you cannot take away an attack with something as "rarely uses it anyways".

Also, if you dont remember, Gouken survived the Shun Goku Satsu by being pure of heart and using the power of nothing, which is effectively not giving youslef into a killing intent, just like goku.

@AO. I mean in DB, even if you kill, fight, have bouts of rage, and be selfish, you can be pure if it's for the right reasons. Even Vegeta is considered pure after his redemption. Given that Gouken, who is basically the purest person in the verse, became comatose for years and only survived because of the PoN.
@EnoYaka. Yes, but again, DB standards.
well your right, but can i ask, could it be that gouken was affected by it thanks to Plot convinience?

Just to throw my two cents in, I think the Raging Demon could do some damage to Goku, since it's obvious he does have inner rage and can be selfish, what with his desire for battle, but like Gouken and Ryu, all he desires is to find a worthy opponent and protect his loved ones. Since most of the pain and damage comes from the Raging Demon comes from it turning your own sins against you, I don't think it will be an instant kill, but it will do some damage. Also, knowing Akuma's love of battle and search for a worthy opponent, I doubt he's gonna want to bust out his best and most lethal move from the getgo.

Also, much like Goku, Akuma likes to hold back to drag fights out to see if they are a worthy opponents. While I'm not sure if this applies to Asura's Wrath! Oni Akuma, I think it is something to think about.

Also, saying that Goku hasn't used a technique in a while isn't a good enough reason to take away a technique. He only started using Kaioken again just recently.

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
Just to throw my two cents in, I think the Raging Demon could do some damage to Goku, since it's obvious he does have inner rage and can be selfish, what with his desire for battle, but like Gouken and Ryu, all he desires is to find a worthy opponent and protect his loved ones. Since most of the pain and damage comes from the Raging Demon comes from it turning your own sins against you, I don't think it will be an instant kill, but it will do some damage. Also, knowing Akuma's love of battle and search for a worthy opponent, I doubt he's gonna want to bust out his best and most lethal move from the getgo.
Also, much like Goku, Akuma likes to hold back to drag fights out to see if they are a worthy opponents. While I'm not sure if this applies to Asura's Wrath! Oni Akuma, I think it is something to think about.

Also, saying that Goku hasn't used a technique in a while isn't a good enough reason to take away a technique. He only started using Kaioken again just recently.
well if both are in character, then i'd say inconclusive, but if both are bloodlusted then goku could win since he'd just use his instant kamehameha to kill him right away

Akuma's first appearance was blindsiding someone with a technique.

Raging Demon rekt Gouken, which disapproves it not one shotting.

Oni in itself is basically Broly. Rage incarnate.

We don't assume that for anyone, because this is in character. Even bloodlusted I don't see him using it. I can count on one hand how many times Goku used the SF. Not to mention that while awesome, Goku using the KK then was an a**pull

@Miles. As I stated above, Goku rarely uses the SF, and it's basically useless at this level of skill, and it's not like akuma cant both, teleport and use ki blasts. Besides, even the Warp Kamehameha had some prep behind it, as it required convincing everyone that he was gonna take out the planet to defeat Cell. Oni doesn't care about that.

I'm pretty sure Goku will use the instant Kamehameha against the raging demon. Since he will think of it as a bad/evil guy. My vote goes to Goku via instant Kamehameha

Akuma's first appearance was blindsiding someone with a technique.
Raging Demon rekt Gouken, which disapproves it not one shotting.

Oni in itself is basically Broly. Rage incarnate.

We don't assume that for anyone, because this is in character. Even bloodlusted I don't see him using it. I can count on one hand how many times Goku used the SF. Not to mention that while awesome, Goku using the KK then was an a**pull

@Miles. As I stated above, Goku rarely uses the SF, and it's basically useless at this level of skill, and it's not like akuma cant both, teleport and use ki blasts. Besides, even the Warp Kamehameha had some prep behind it, as it required convincing everyone that he was gonna take out the planet to defeat Cell. Oni doesn't care about that.
he didn't need to convince them

Also, the people voting are basically saying that Goku will not only one shot, but won't get hit at all by the raging demon.

@AO. Because most characters aren't going to just stand there when someone is threatening to destroy you and the planet, and Goku can't predict where Oni will be if he's moving.

Goku: 6

Akuma: 5

Inconclusive: 2

Still goes to show that lack of use doesn't mean he won't use it.

Also, that was M. Bison, someone Akuma would have no problem with killing. And he has shown on numerous occasion that, despite being consumed by the Satsui No Hado, he has a moral code that he will follow, like going easy on weaker opponents and refusing to kill opponents who don't stand a chance against him. While I agree that Oni is basically Akuma as rage incarnate, he still shows a desire for a worthy opponent.

well no one is saying that, and i personally believe that the raging demon might do some damage, depending on how you put, because if we use the whole "only by DB standards" thing then ye he will get defeated, but if we use what the series has said then not a problem or mid dif

@Goku. If Goku tries to charge the spirit bomb, he will be killed so many ones over it's not even funny.

@PTS. If same Akuma had no qualms with killing M. Bison, why would he have qualms about killing Goku, who he hasn't even heard of. Also, Goku wouldn't qualify for any of those that the moral code will fall under. Not to mention that Akuma is evil. And Oni isn't even canon. He doesn't show that desire iirc, and is only about destruction. He loses all humanity in that form.

Akuma isn't necessarily evil. He just wants a worthy battle. Sure, he can be pretty ruthless when in battle, like when he attacked Sakura to get Ryu to go all out and use the Satsui No Hado, but throughout most of SF history, Akuma has consistently shown only one goal, to find the ultimate oppenent. He saw right away that M. Bison was a scumbag that was actually evil and had no sense of honor and only fought to further his own goals, not to become a better martial artist.

While Oni certainly has lost the sense of mercy Akuma had, he still shows the same love of battle Akuma did. When he see's a fellow martial artist who has power that equals his, he's not gonna just throw away the chance at the ultimate battle he's always yearned for by using his (possible) one hit kill move

Good point Miles

To be fair goku could charge a spirit bomb by using solar flare then use that time to charge one up but it would be rather small. He did this against great ape vegeta but he was shot by him before he could throw it (of course it wasn't enough for him to kill vegeta so I dought it would kill akuma)

The likelihood of it being plot convenience is infinitesimal. I might as well say that Frieza destroying Vegeta was plot convenience.

Asura counters it by blocking every single punch with his many arms with his strongest physical attack. Since Goku only has 2 arms and his strongest attack is a beam, he's not getting the same luxury as Asura.

Goku can use ki to enhance his strength/hitting power. He also has a slight speed advantage over Akuma, so he can compensate his lack of arms with speed and strength.

And again, Mantra Asura was able to counter the raging demon by just punching back at Oni.

I dont see ant reason Goku couldnt do the same.

Forgot about that. Still, if it can be countered with strength, which Goku can increase with ki, it should be even easier for him to counter the Raging Demon with speed equalized.

If Asura could do it, I don't see a reason why Goku wouldn't be able to as well.

@Milrs. And I guess that Oni is just gonna wait there? Not to mention that Goku never did that before. And to both of you. Mantra Asura has 6 arms. Goku has 2. And Mantra Asura had a hard time blocking them all. How is Goku going to block them all?

He could at least block 1/3 of ´em, i guess.

I am just saying it is possible to at least block some of the damage the Raging Demon would do to Goku on top of the lack of effect that technique would have on someone pure of heart.

And again, i still think Solar Flare, Instant Kamehameha and being able to easly teleport to King Kai´s or Namek to charge a Spirit Bomb as much as he needs and teleport directly into Akuma´s Ki are enough methods for Goku to beat Akuma.

But now Goku can see all of the fists flying at him, so there is no reason why he can't block/dodge/counter the punches like Asura did, since now his lack of limbs won't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back