• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Collapsing Star Roaring Cannon correction

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd lead with "this should be simple" but, let's be real this is Boros
I would just like to revise the csrc to use a vaporization end rather than melting
cooP5KB.png

Csrc specifically is stated to shave off the earth, which could imply blowing the surface away (into the atmosphere) or just vaporizing it completely, but absolutely nothing about it suggests melting, despite KLol insisting over several instances that a melting end should be used, despite there being absolutely no justification for it being more valid than Vaporization.
More importantly, his energy beams are implied to be able to vaporize bones
NTgroWVl.png

given that the csrc should at the very least be capable of doing the same, we should just use vaporization as the calc method.

Last edited:
For one, Boros' energy bullets are stated right there to turn a large area into dust, rather than just being a specifically melting attack, but for some reason a melting end is used in the accepted CSRC calculation.
This would be Pulverization, not Vaporization.

Also you're not gonna wanna hear this, but the anime also does blatantly use vaporization when referring to Boros' energy bullets
Just use the manga.

It heavily implies either Vaporization or Pulverization.

anime's more explicit about it, but I guess a heat based attack being able to completely erase bones would do it too

I'm pretty sure that if we treat it as an explosion that pulverizes the crust to dust, it might get some really high values, but I'm not 100% sure

Bro you should stop cooking and wait for some supporters to help

I do agree that that the current wording using "Shave" moreso implies complete erasure of the surface or at removing the surface completely as in launching it into space

regardless, what’s the problem with a vaporization end? Like I said, the use of melting is kind of stupid since it has nothing to do with shaving, and since we know Boros’ heat beams vaporize bone, there’s no reason why we would go with melting.

regardless, what’s the problem with a vaporization end?
Because nothing really implies that he would have vaporized the Planet's surface.

Considering how he said they he'd vaporize Saitama earlier, I wonder ehy he said Shave for CSRC instead of Vaporize like he did for his normal energy bullets.

Because nothing really implies that he would have vaporized the Planet's surface.

Considering how he said they he'd vaporize Saitama earlier, I wonder ehy he said Shave for CSRC instead of Vaporize like he did for his normal energy bullets.
Vaporization would indeed shave the surface off, what matters here is that we know his lesser energy beams are capable of doing so
There’s even less that implies melting, and melting would just directly contradict the use of the word shave entirely.

Vaporization would indeed shave the surface off, what matters here is that we know his lesser energy beams are capable of doing so
There’s even less that implies melting, and melting would just directly contradict the use of the word shave entirely.
Also I should point out that the databook is the one that says shave, not Boros himself
Boros himself claims it would “wipe out” saitama along with the surface of the earth.

You think you cooked an upgrade, but pretty sure this is just gonna lead it dropping down to pulv at best, or at worst launching it into space which wouldn't be able to get funny meme numbers due to no timeframe and thus no insane KE. Both of which are downgrades.
Stop cooking

You think you cooked an upgrade, but pretty sure this is just gonna lead it dropping down to pulv at best, or at worst launching it into space which wouldn't be able to get funny meme numbers due to no timeframe and thus no insane KE. Both of which are downgrades.
Stop cooking
I went into this knowing that technically there’s no way it could be lower than melting since Boros’ attacks already have melting properties (against his heat resistant alien spaceship metal, mind you)
As for the atmosphere launching thing, it’d just have to be escape velocity, but vaporization is still the way to go for the reasons from before, so there’s no chance of a downgrade here

But your evidence is just "he says it'd erase bones" or "it'd shave the planet so it's vape".
Neither of which are actually proof of vape as both can apply to pulv too, and the former means literally nothing, destroying bones completely from a dude who you, at the time, don't know the full strength of has zero bearing on what your best attack would do to a whole planet.

The only real argument here is that the attack has heat behind it (which is like the only reason I'm aight with melting end given weaker attacks of his shows insane degrees of melting too) but so does an explosion and those frag things too, not always vape everything they come into contact with. It's why the calc page says we need a statement for vaporization feats, or explicit demonstrable visual evidence, which Boros don't got shit.

All I see here is extrapolation of two statements that could mean like 4 different things and instead why we should toss melting and go with pulv.

If we assume the escape velocity for the entire earth's crust the total energy would be 1.75616e30 joules or 419.718 Exatons...

Vaporization: Applied when the matter that was destroyed was vaporised during the attack. Much like for Pulverization, we usually use this value when we see no remains of the matter that was destroyed in the attack, but in addition there has to be a considerable amount of visible vapor and/or character statements that imply vaporization, usually the latter.

Because the feat never actually took place, we don't have a visual of considerable amounts of visible vapor, and we don't have character statements that solidly imply vaporization.

Chariot is correct on this that Vaporization is not definite here.

But your evidence is just "he says it'd erase bones" or "it'd shave the planet so it's vape".
Neither of which are actually proof of vape as both can apply to pulv too, and the former means literally nothing, destroying bones completely from a dude who you, at the time, don't know the full strength of has zero bearing on what your best attack would do to a whole planet.

The only real argument here is that the attack has heat behind it, but so does an explosion and those frag things too. It's why the calc page says we need a statement for vaporization feats, or explicit demonstrable visual evidence, which Boros don't got shit.

All I see here is extrapolation of two statements that could mean like 4 different things and instead why we should toss melting and go with pulv.
Let’s be a bit more honest here though, when someone says “there will be nothing left” then the idea of it being fragmenting is completely tossed out the window since there are very much still visible and interactable pieces that are definitely left, so that’s not really a valid interpretation. When Boros’ attacks are heat based especially, that makes it less likely that it’s not gonna be a temperature thing

We just know that Boros’ attacks can melt space metal already, so we know that it can’t be less than melting, but we also know that it can’t actually be melting, because shaving and wiping out the surface both don’t really apply to just turning it to liquid but still leaving it there.

You could kinda argue that some of the dust left behind from the energy beam could also be steam from the steamed clams Boros is having

Just because Boros can vaporize bone, that doesn't mean he can vaporize all the material in the Earth's surface.
Well he should be able to vaporize material that has less heat resistance than Bone regardless, which I’m guessing is a fair amount? Additionally, he was able to melt a ship that scales to re-entry heat and should at least be as resistant as any other spaceship, so that could be considered as well

Ziller snips
Your whole first paragraph is guesswork. Not gonna say it ain't fair to assume "some" of that, but it's not at all concrete or solid.
But are you talking about the bones? An 8-C attack would vaporize a human but do **** all in completely vaping a building. That could easily be what's happening here, Boros assuming this one attack could vape a dude he knows nothing about in terms of true strength (and that's being generous, pulv could still work, even with it being heat based, deleting some dudes skeleton doesn't mean vape inherently).

Not true, melting his ship, and melting a WHOLE planet is not the same, like sure, there'd be melting, but is it gonna melt the whole surface? Just the epicenter? Etc. We do not know, so jumping up further and assuming it'd VAPORIZE the whole surface is insane.
Like yeah his attacks can melt, but we're also told his beam attacks is pulv too in the very scan you posted in the OP.

No you can't argue that, at least not for ALL of it, because your own scan says it's dust.

You’re a bit too eager for downgrades sometimes
but yknow what, I wouldn’t be opposed pulvization combined with melting, since technically speaking it is shown to do both at once.
That's still a downgrade, some of the mass would be swapped out for a lower value 🗿
And we don't know the specifics of how much is vape and pulv, it'd be guesswork. You Lowkey making an argument this feat may as well be unknown..

Your whole first paragraph is guesswork. Not gonna say it ain't fair to assume "some" of that, but it's not at all concrete or solid.
But are you talking about the bones? An 8-C attack would vaporize a human but do **** all in completely vaping a building. That could easily be what's happening here, Boros assuming this one attack could vape a dude he knows nothing about in terms of true strength (and that's being generous, pulv could still work, even with it being heat based, deleting some dudes skeleton doesn't mean vape inherently).

Not true, melting his ship, and melting a WHOLE planet is not the same, like sure, there'd be melting, but is it gonna melt the whole surface? Just the epicenter? Etc. We do not know, so jumping up further and assuming it'd VAPORIZE the whole surface is insane.
Like yeah his attacks can melt, but we're also told his beam attacks is pulv too in the very scan you posted in the OP.

No you can't argue that, at least not for ALL of it, because your own scan says it's dust.
Well vaporization through brute force is different from vaporization via heat
Boros both heats up things and blows things up, so it can’t just be pulverization regardless
remember, Saitama was already shown to have enough AP to match him even though he knew he wasn’t going all out, so being able to completely vaporize Saitama’s bones isn’t really plausible unless it was done through heat

Anyways if somehow it is pulverization, can someone at least acknowledge this thing here
If we assume the escape velocity for the entire earth's crust the total energy would be 1.75616e30 joules or 419.718 Exatons...

Well vaporization through brute force is different from vaporization via heat

When I said an 8-C attack, I was specifically imagining a 8-C explosion from like a bomb so...

Boros both heats up things and blows things up, so it can’t just be pulverization regardless
remember,
Lad, the very scan in your op disagrees with you, and so does irl. A superheated explosion is still gonna pulv, frag and more even if there's melting at points, it definitely isn't gonna super heat the entire volume of mass it touches.
Saitama was already shown to have enough AP to match him even though he knew he wasn’t going all out, so being able to completely vaporize Saitama’s bones isn’t really plausible unless it was done through heat
You're assuming he even means vape in that situation to begin with 🗿
Isn't the very attack he says will delete his bones the attack that the OP scan says pulverizes things? Idk chief.
And it could still be the case if we go with that attack being way the **** above his physicals so either way (which I mean it probably is, given he whipped it out after Saitama was throwing hands as you just said).
Anyways if somehow it is pulverization, can someone at least acknowledge this thing here
A bit generous, shaving the surface off doesn't inherently mean it'd all be launched to that degree, it could come back eventually due to gravity for all we know. It's possible and I can buy it, but it's still just guesswork so shrug. Neutral imo.

Let me just bring something up
If you are just punching something, it’s basically gonna be impossible to make it red hot, since it’d just scatter entirely to pieces a thousand times over before it started steaming from the heat. I mean even the most talented engineers in our universe needed a perfected environment and precise beating in order to cook a turkey via slapping without beating it to a complete pulp
As said before, the spaceship is heat resistant by design and Boros was still able to melt it, so we could at least use that as a baseline for how hot his energy beams really are. It’s better than just the bare minimum for melting earth materials in any case. Or not, I don’t really know anymore.
A bit generous, shaving the surface off doesn't inherently mean it'd all be launched to that degree, it could come back eventually due to gravity for all we know. It's possible and I can buy it, but it's still just guesswork so shrug. Neutral imo.
The fact that it could come back in the first place is why I think anything other than escape velocity would be the less valid interpretation.
Like if you tell the barber to shave your head and he just leaves that shit right on top of your head instead of throwing it on the ground, that would be abnormal, something of an outlier perhaps
Boros uses both shave and “wipe out”, so it’s mostly suggested that the surface would just straight up be gone in one way or another.

Well he should be able to vaporize material that has less heat resistance than Bone regardless, which I’m guessing is a fair amount? Additionally, he was able to melt a ship that scales to re-entry heat and should at least be as resistant as any other spaceship, so that could be considered as well
I don't understand what you're trying to say here. Less heat resistance than bone? Do you understand that there and tens of hundreds of materials that make up the Eatth's surface? How can you say that just because Boros can vaporize BONE, he can vaporize ALL THE MATERIAL in the surface?

Different substances have different destruction values for a reason.

For example, the vaporization value for rock is 25700 J/cc and the vaporization value for bone is only 170 J/cc. The average human is 62000 cm^3, meaning it would take 11098000 Joules to vaporize a human. Assuming the Earth's surface is made entirely of rock (which it isn't, but for the sake of my point, let's say that it is), it would take 1.948317e+29
Joules of energy to vaporize the Earth's surface due to it having a volume of 7.58100e24 cm^3.

Do you see how far apart these numbers are? Using Boros being able to vaporize all the bones in a human body to claim he can vaporize the entire Earth's surface is just dumb.

I don't understand what you're trying to say here. Less heat resistance than bone? Do you understand that there and tens of hundreds of materials that make up the Eatth's surface? How can you say that just because Boros can vaporize BONE, he can vaporize ALL THE MATERIAL in the surface?

Different substances have different destruction values for a reason.

For example, the vaporization value for rock is 25700 J/cc and the vaporization value for bone is only 170 J/cc. The average human is 62000 cm^3, meaning it would take 11098000 Joules to vaporize a human. Assuming the Earth's surface is made entirely of rock (which it isn't, but for the sake of my point, let's say that it is), it would take 1.948317e+29
Joules of energy to vaporize the Earth's surface due to it having a volume of 7.58100e24 cm^3.

Do you see how far apart these numbers are? Using Boros being able to vaporize all the bones in a human body to claim he can vaporize the entire Earth's surface is just dumb.
You misread my post Kachon
I was suggesting that he would be vaporize materials that are less resistant than bone, which wouldn’t be every material in the surface.

Cool, but nobody is talking about heat via punching 🗿
Literally just explosions and the like.

I'm not going to humour why dismantling and launching the Earth's crust omnidirectionally in what is entirely based on guesswork on the extent in which even some, let alone the whole of the volume, is ejected at (assuming mass ejection is even legit because even that is just a interpretation based off one line) is not the same as getting a haircut 😑

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back